F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What has BMW done for you lately
ARMA SPEED

06-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Man this year I just lucked out with BMW and hoping others would share.

First they replaced my 13 which was faulty with a 14, the upgrade was HUGE in many ways other than the new car being more reliable.

2nd I was invited to a driving event where I auto crossed the M235i, M6 gran coupe, M5 and M6 coupe. All the real M cars had the competition package. My favorite was the M6 gran coupe in every way. At the same event we were taken on the track driving the 750, 650, 640 both coupe and gran coupe for the 6ers. A trained driver led us in an M6 but at the speed he was going it was pretty much adequate to reach our limits. I think I got the cars to about 120 mph and took some curves at about 80mph, there were slower curves were 45 was pretty extreme, lol. All cars had xdrive. The 640i felt the best and the 750i had significant lag coming out of corners.

3rd I have another auto cross event coming up and I selected the 2er for that. Other options were the 5er and 7er. I am not a fan of the 5er.

4th is another driving event where I could have chosen any non m car I want, I went with the X5 50i. This come after the xcross event. This is more like am extended test drive so I will take my family out for a cruise in the X5 50i.

5th is an invitation to the Greenwich Concours d ' Elegance. I was there last year and drove the 760li and Alpina B7 in addition to most of the cars in the 1st event above.

6th I was supposed to go to the un4gettable event this week but could not make it. I should be able to attend another event soon.

BMW keep up the good work;

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Sport Line

jack diddly, except the "free" maintenance
      06-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
Roki_014
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60

Wow very nice, mine was replaced too, but the dealer tried to screw me over, i would love to do autocross

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post

First they replaced my 13 which was faulty with a 14, the upgrade was HUGE in many ways other than the new car being more reliable.

2nd I was invited to a driving event where I auto crossed the M235i, M6 gran coupe, M5 and M6 coupe. All the real M cars had the competition package. My favorite was the M6 gran coupe in every way. At the same event we were taken on the track driving the 750, 650, 640 both coupe and gran coupe for the 6ers. A trained driver led us in an M6 but at the speed he was going it was pretty much adequate to reach our limits. I think I got the cars to about 120 mph and took some curves at about 80mph, there were slower curves were 45 was pretty extreme, lol. All cars had xdrive. The 640i felt the best and the 750i had significant lag coming out of corners.

3rd I have another auto cross event coming up and I selected the 2er for that. Other options were the 5er and 7er. I am not a fan of the 5er.

4th is another driving event where I could have chosen any non m car I want, I went with the X5 50i. This come after the xcross event. This is more like am extended test drive so I will take my family out for a cruise in the X5 50i.

5th is an invitation to the Greenwich Concours d ' Elegance. I was there last year and drove the 760li and Alpina B7 in addition to most of the cars in the 1st event above.

6th I was supposed to go to the un4gettable event this week but could not make it. I should be able to attend another event soon.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014
Wow very nice, mine was replaced too, but the dealer tried to screw me over, i would love to do autocross

Quote:

It was my first time auto crossing. One of the BMW instructors said you are good but we now have to be smooth in the corners and easy on the brakes. In the world of auto crossing I don't think that was a compliment, lol. Hopefully I am better at the next event.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

I got a trip to the BMW performance driving school including 2 night stay at the Marriott in Greenville, SC for the bubble. All thanks to BMW's loyalty program. Heading there next weekend, just had to pay for airfare.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #6
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Cool things BMW does!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 01:22 AM   #7
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Nothing.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #8
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

I remember when the 296 wheels on my E89 where cracked from too much pressure from the RFTs (common issue), BMW decided to bend me over instead of making it right.

Love the cars. Hate the way they do business.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 05:39 AM   #9
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Other than give me the worst customer service I've ever received when my brand new car wouldn't start followed by months of arguing that I shouldn't be responsible for payments when I never even drove the car, nothing...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 05:49 AM   #10
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

What they did for me was sell me 2 faulty cars, one had no heater and the other has bad paint on the roof, I changed the one without a heater for a new car as it seemed like a lemon which cost me $10k, now I have a car that needs the roof painting, so they can have it back in 2 years which is the minimum amount of time I have to keep it
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #11
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:

Wow, that's some pretty sweet wining and dining, enjoy all that track/autox driving, especially when you get to do it with someone else's car (and more importantly, tires/brakes)!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23
Quote:

Wow, that's some pretty sweet wining and dining, enjoy all that track/autox driving, especially when you get to do it with someone else's car (and more importantly, tires/brakes)!
Thanks. I need to get more track time. My worry is the more I start enjoying tracking cars the more expensive life gets. Tires as you said and obviously the M3/4 becomes mandatory at that stage, lol.

I have been convincing myself that the M3/4 is only necessary when i start going to the track more often so I need to strike a balance before things get crazy

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #13
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

when my car broke...they fixed it and gave me $1000 to keep me happy.

I also signed up for the "Ultimate Drive Event"....but then again BMW wasnt the one that informed me about it...i found out online and just joined...so i cant say that BMW did it for me
      06-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #14
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Thanks. I need to get more track time. My worry is the more I start enjoying tracking cars the more expensive life gets. Tires as you said and obviously the M3/4 becomes mandatory at that stage, lol.

I have been convincing myself that the M3/4 is only necessary when i start going to the track more often so I need to strike a balance before things get crazy
I'd say you could easily take your car to a road course and do a HPDE with your local BMW club. No need for an M3/M4. Someone had an F30 335i m-sport at the waterford hills event I did last week, and he had a blast. Same thing for someone else with a 320ix. Only thing to think about upgrading the brake pads, brake fluid and tires. That's all you need to worry about. The F30 will devour a track, things change as your skill level gets higher and you really push the brake system/tires.

Driving the car hard is exhilarating, and it's not about being the fastest or the best lap times, it's about learning smooth driving and a faint picture of the handling limits. Autox gives you a different experience, but it's not the same as a good road course.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #15
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23
Quote:

I'd say you could easily take your car to a road course and do a HPDE with your local BMW club. No need for an M3/M4. Someone had an F30 335i m-sport at the waterford hills event I did last week, and he had a blast. Same thing for someone else with a 320ix. Only thing to think about upgrading the brake pads, brake fluid and tires. That's all you need to worry about. The F30 will devour a track, things change as your skill level gets higher and you really push the brake system/tires.

Driving the car hard is exhilarating, and it's not about being the fastest or the best lap times, it's about learning smooth driving and a faint picture of the handling limits. Autox gives you a different experience, but it's not the same as a good road course.
As you can see I am already trying to correct my driving skills or lack of driving skills by getting a faster car, lol. I hear that never works

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #16
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Nothing, but why should they?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #17
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Sport Line

Quote:

Yep, the 335i is a quick car, but it is no means fast at all compared to many cars out there. Try any modern M, AMG, and RS cars - ultimate in daily driving with plenty of power for the track. Can get expensive to maintain, or you can just buy a dedicated track car

I had boat loads of fun with my CLS 63 at the track, ah the good ol' days.