THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Advanced/Perfection Driver Training

06-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
a_newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 HS M2C, '14 EB m235i-past

Advanced/Perfection Driver Training

I have been a regular daily driver for 20 year. I wonder if the Advanced/Perfection Driver Training that has been offered worth $/time (both are 1 day course, $600 for advanced & $1000 for perfection) to attend? Are they just sale pitching events? Or the training courses offered by the BMW driving clubs are better?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 12:00 AM   #2
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_newbie
I have been a regular daily driver for 20 year. I wonder if the Advanced/Perfection Driver Training that has been offered worth $/time (both are 1 day course, $600 for advanced & $1000 for perfection) to attend? Are they just sale pitching events? Or the training courses offered by the BMW driving clubs are better?
Years ago I took the BMW Advanced course when they were using E46 330i's with the SMG. It showed you the differences between having all the nannies on and off (ABS, DSC, etc) and how to recover from different skids (oversteer and understeer), how to avoid objects (ie pedestrians in the road ) using ABS and non-ABS equipped cars. I learned a lot but I wish it were a lot cheaper.

This is not track school; its practical techniques for driving a rear wheel vehicle with object avoidance and skid recovery. I'd look elsewhere if you know how to correct oversteer / understeer, don't want to pay a lot of money or want to do a high performance driving event (bit a misnomer here). Maybe the next course up would be more advanced but I have a hard time justifying paying more than the entry level (Advanced Driver Training).

I've never been but I think the training you can get from clubs like BMW Trillian Club of Canada sound more interesting for high performance driving events.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 12:35 AM   #3
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_newbie
Years ago I took the BMW Advanced course when they were using E46 330i's with the SMG. It showed you the differences between having all the nannies on and off (ABS, DSC, etc) and how to recover from different skids (oversteer and understeer), how to avoid objects (ie pedestrians in the road ) using ABS and non-ABS equipped cars. I learned a lot but I wish it were a lot cheaper.

This is not track school; its practical techniques for driving a rear wheel vehicle with object avoidance and skid recovery. I'd look elsewhere if you know how to correct oversteer / understeer, don't want to pay a lot of money or want to do a high performance driving event (bit a misnomer here). Maybe the next course up would be more advanced but I have a hard time justifying paying more than the entry level (Advanced Driver Training).

I've never been but I think the training you can get from clubs like BMW Trillian Club of Canada sound more interesting for high performance driving events.
Great recap I also took the first session 10 years ago as I was transitioning from a civic to 330ci and wanted to learn more about RWD and all the technology involved. Great learnings for me!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 04:07 AM   #4
mvallido
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M235i Estoril Blue

It would have been nice if it came standard with every BMW purchase.
2004 C240
97 E39 VF5 Supercharged
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #5
Blackcross
Canada
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue 2014 335i xdrive

Garage List
Smile BMW Clubs running Advanced Driving Schools

There are local driving schools put on by the BMW clubs that have been running for almost 40 years.

They cost anywhere from $150 to $500 depending on the location and duration. You learn to drive better, faster and safer in YOUR car and have loads of fun. Completely addicting

If you want more info (and I highly recommend even just checking it out). You can also email/message me: I've been participating since 1996 and know most of the people involved.

http://bmwccottawa.org/schools and http://trillium-bmwclub.ca/content/a...riving-schools and http://bmwquebec.ca/content.php?r=11...riving-Schools

Cheers,

Last edited by Blackcross; 03-29-2015 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: added links
Appreciate 0