E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > N54 Injectors

08-24-2015, 06:33 AM   #1
Endaitr
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

N54 Injectors

Ive got the problem of a fualty injector, but its not throwing a code.

Its stalled randomly whie at lights once or twice a week, and feels a slight bit hesistant on throttle the odd time, more so cause im paronid and looking out for the issues the whole time now. Ive found that its prob best just to replace all 6 with new items. Ive sourced some in Rockauto in the USA for a lot cheaper than here(Ireland)

Has anyone used these before ?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...nid=499&jpid=0

Also is their anything else I would need bar a new set of plugs ?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
My advice would be don't rush into anything. Don't shell out on a full set of injectors on what you think might be the cause of your problem. Your issues could be a number of causes (coils, plugs, Vanos solenoids etc etc).

Get your car to a good indy and ask them to run a full diagnostic (with the genuine BMW software). Chances are you'll then know exactly what's causing the fault and limit the damage to your wallet.

Just my five penn'orth...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Could be anything, hence the need to get it in to an indy as Phil's suggested and see what pops up but expect the unexpected especially re misfires reported.

I'd be looking for a leaky injector seen shed loads of these(I'll post a picture up later) then if this is the case as you've gathered you'll be replacing all 6 ideally and coding (though you can buy in banks on 2 cylinder 1-3 and 4-6 and code accordingly. Injectors over here to replace each are over £230+VAT each

You'll also be well advised to change all 6 plugs and to be safe re contamination replace all 6 coils as well.

Its a straightfordish job to do but getting everything in clean and coded will be the key, we've seen a few where the jobs been done but not done right if you follow me and you've got to go in and correct what someone else has done.
      08-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #4
jimborae
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M-Sport LCI Manual

Had 2 of mine replaced under a recall so it maybe worth checking if yours are covered by the recall also. Dont know any of the details but basically it was the first thing the dealership checked when I took the car in for the first time. Mine is an 09 plate, MY08.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

you have to replace injectors per bank. each bank has 3! you need to code the new one in since new injectors might have a new flow rate .
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 04:12 AM   #6
Endaitr
Private
Rep

got the codes read by a friend last night, this is what was on it, still 3 more pictures hes gona send me.

http://t34i.imgup.net/IMG_035978e4.JPG

DME/DDE 31 Engine Problem, Increased Emissions

Last edited by Endaitr; 08-28-2015 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 06:34 AM   #7
Endaitr
Private
Rep

rang around yesterday and turns out bloomfields bmw was able to have a quick look at it so left work early and they scanned it yesterday, have to bring it back in for half a day as they needed more time, injectors seemed fine, although not 100% efficient it should not be the cause of the issues, their was codes for a boost issue, think their might be a vacuum line burst/leaking as that would cause the abnormal issues interment... Until the line crack then would be constant, he also mentioned the fuel pump at that point my wallet started crying ha ugh hopefully it's only one and not both injectors/pump. He said it was unusual where he tried to shut of injectors 3/4/5/6 individually but they would not stop, but injector 1/2 would stop... He thinks that might suggest a leak.. He wants to give the car a proper going over so booked it on wed

Fingers crossed it's not to expensive
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #8
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

any BMW stealers will make you cry!!
Appreciate 0