BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Media pack (Nav Plus) hard drive

04-12-2016, 04:44 AM   #1
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Media pack (Nav Plus) hard drive

Hi all
Can't figure out how to save tracks to the hard drive.

I have the Nav Plus pack - which I presumed was the same as the old Media Pack in the previous BMWs and included a 20GB hard drive for music storage.

Is that a different option nowadays?

I seem to have the internal storage icon on my list of sources but it says "not connected" which makes me think this is a different option...?
      04-12-2016, 04:52 AM   #2
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

There is no HDD in the X1...it is different from the Professional Media system in other BMW's (my 3 series for example) where that does have the HDD.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:11 AM   #3
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Ah right, makes sense - also the icon i thought i saw was in fact the one for the snap in adapter.

Guess this is an all-new head unit - hence the map not being available on the right hand side of the split anymore!
      04-12-2016, 06:13 AM   #4
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Not really any need for a clunky 20GB HDD when you can get a tiny 128GB sub stick like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #5
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcomma View Post
Ah right, makes sense - also the icon i thought i saw was in fact the one for the snap in adapter.

Guess this is an all-new head unit - hence the map not being available on the right hand side of the split anymore!
Re: the split-screen information...I had an X1 on loan over the weekend (with all the toys on it), I noticed that I couldn't select the Weather to populate the right-side of the screen, as I have it set up in my current car - the BMW "Widget" option didn't seem to be present in the menus.
Appreciate 0