BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Time for me to loose weight... Need Help

Closed Thread

02-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #23
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
Hey, buddy, why don't you stop trashing stuff you know nothing about. Normal people know damn well when they're not hungry. If you can't figure it out yourself then maybe "eating" is a little too complex for you.

Also, thanks for the link to the pay site. I'll gladly waste my hard-earned money to get the "professional opinion" of "dozens of experts in the field" which will basically give me an overcomplicated diet of what equates to one simple sentence: "Eat fucken' less!"

It's no wonder that you buy into all that crap, though. It's true what they say: People are sheep. They need some "expert" to lead them around and charge them an arm & a leg to state the obvious. I'm sure if I did a few years research on taking dumps and then released a 10-step program on how to take a proper dump there would be people lining up to get it. That's how most folks are.

Personally, I don't need some egghead swindler taking my hard-earned money to tell me common fuckin' sense. Shit, if you're that desperate, find a few people who are fit, ask them what they do, compare and emulate. You'll save a lot of money and won't look like such a naive sheep.
Where your hunger theory falls flat is when individuals are not eating foods with blood sugar regulation in mind. The propensity for Americans to gorge themselves on (processed) carbohydrates is very high especially at breakfast (bagels, waffles, breads, jellies, fruits, yogurt, syrup, cereals, pancakes, muffins, etc) but is becoming more common place at lunch, dinner, and snack time.

This very real issue causes problems with blood sugar regulation and weight management as it leads to overeating. Frequent drops in blood sugar produces that hungry, low energy feeling. Leaving it up to the individual to eat whenever he/she wants dependent upon hunger is too simplified an approach and simply will not work if the wrong combination of fats, protein, and carbohydrates are chosen while eating. In addition, processed foods simply do not have the nutritional value that whole foods do. A diet rich in processed foods will leave the body craving nutrients which leads to premature hunger.

You also failed to mention the importance of hydration, and the role it plays in hunger. Over half of Americans are chronically dehydrated. Many mistakenly eat to satisfy hunger pangs when they are actually dehydrated.

There is both a science to nutrition and exercise. Your experience with professionals in both realms must not have been very good as you seem to have a feeling of superiority towards these groups. I assure you, your knowledge of both subjects is elementary.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #24
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Hey, buddy, why don't you stop trashing stuff you know nothing about. Normal people know damn well when they're not hungry. If you can't figure it out yourself then maybe "eating" is a little too complex for you.

Also, thanks for the link to the pay site. I'll gladly waste my hard-earned money to get the "professional opinion" of "dozens of experts in the field" which will basically give me an overcomplicated diet of what equates to one simple sentence: "Eat fucken' less!"

It's no wonder that you buy into all that crap, though. It's true what they say: People are sheep. They need some "expert" to lead them around and charge them an arm & a leg to state the obvious. I'm sure if I did a few years research on taking dumps and then released a 10-step program on how to take a proper dump there would be people lining up to get it. That's how most folks are.

Personally, I don't need some egghead swindler taking my hard-earned money to tell me common fuckin' sense. Shit, if you're that desperate, find a few people who are fit, ask them what they do, compare and emulate. You'll save a lot of money and won't look like such a naive sheep.
hmmm, I never really thought of $100 as a lot of money. But if you prefer to follow your muscle wasting salad diet, go right ahead. I'll stick with the phd's advice.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #25
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bobby,

You're putting words in my mouth and twisting what I said to suit your point. When did I say "eat whatever you want"? I know damn well that using hunger to regulate how much one eats is pointless if that person eats pizza and hot dogs to fill that hunger. You're making that up. I said if one follows the diet I mentioned (and I'm not going to repost it for the umpteenth time) and uses their hunger as a measure of how much to eat, along with following a training program, they'll lose weight.

Also, you're saying that I'm overlooking hydration. Is adding "drink plenty of water" after every damn thing I say not enough? Look back at my diet protocol. I specifically say "drink water" over and over again. Again, you're just putting words in my mouth - or taking them away in this case - to make your point look better.

BTW, still waiting on your answer: Are you Kurt Burden?
So people can eat whatever they want as long as they are following your predominantly salad and water diet? Got it.

I am not Kurt Burden.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #26
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

How can I improve my blood sugar levels?

Serious question. Please factor in college level food budget.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #27
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
How can I improve my blood sugar levels?

Serious question. Please factor in college level food budget.
Learn about the glycemic index and the rate at which carbohydrates are converted into glucose in the body.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/topics/glycemic-index
http://www.glycemicindex.com/
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #28
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your level of dishonesty is appalling. If any of your clients knew what a spiteful prick you are, I doubt they'd keep throwing their hard-earned money away on you. You're clearly incapable of having an honest conversation, and have to resort to making shit up.

I NEVER SAID PEOPLE CAN EAT WHATEVER THEY WANT.

I said MAKE VEGETABLES AND MIXED GREENS IN GENERAL THE BASIS OF YOUR DIET. I also said IN ADDITION, EAT LEAN MEATS, DAIRY, AND WHOLE GRAINS.

Clear enough for you? Looks like you've taken a few too many blows to the head out on the football field.
Why are you so angry? My "whatever you want" comment was sarcastic as it was followed by "as long as they are following your predominantly salad and water diet."

What have I said that was spiteful? If you cannot accept criticism, please do not post your opinion in this thread. It seems you are incapable of seeing other viewpoints or accepting correction.

I hope that people that follow your advice regarding dairy and grains do not have a sensitivity to either foods. That wouldn't be ideal. I assume you are referring to pasteurized milk, correct?

Yeah, man, too man many blows to the head. Good one. What's your excuse?

Quote:
What the corporate shills and con-artists like Bobby Light around here would have you think is that you need expensive supplements and other bullshit.
A corporate shill and con artist? How did you come up with that? Where did I mention supplements in our discussion?

Quote:
Better yet, quit your job and get a professional bullshitters certificate so you can scam people out of money like Bobby here does.
Another classic. Keep them coming.

Quote:
^ Taken from the sites you link to, Bobby. You were saying? Yeah, thought so.

BTW, all of the above applies for all other leafy greens too, like Spinach.
Realize that some people will not react well to a diet chalk full of greens particularly people who metabolize carbhoydrates very quickly like myself. This accelerated turnover will lead to blood sugar issues and hunger signals.

Your proposed weight loss diet fosters muscle wasting which isn't good for someone looking to lose weight long term. Weight loss at the expense of body composition is not a move in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #29
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1) I mentioned dairy AND grain sensitivities. It's not my fault you don't read what I say.
Can you show me where you mentioned these sensitivities?

Quote:
2) Eating a diet rich in vegetables DOES NOT promote muscle wasting. You're spouting bodybuilder myths. I've seen guys in the service get strong as oxes while on a VERY limited calorie diet with little to no protein intake whatsoever. It's a tough world out there. People adapt. We don't all have machines hooked up to us every moment of the day optimizing our "carbohydrate metabolization" and whatnot.
Your cookie cutter program will not sit well with some like myself. It will promote muscle wasting. Please explain the physiology of your proposed plan with regards to how it promotes fat loss and the preservation of lean tissue.

The guys you talk about getting stronger may have improved their nervous system's ability to apply force. This is a major key to improving performance in athletes - training the muscle and training the nervous system. An increase in strength can occur without an increase in muscle size. A more efficient nervous system gets more out of the muscle you have already.

I am hooked up to a machine all day, everyday. I thought you were as well.

Quote:
3) How did you come to the conclusion that you "metabolize carbohydrates very quickly"? What tests did you run?
Metabolic typing. Advanced MT questionnaire.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #30
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Haha... muscle wasting? Sure thing, buddy. I could ragdoll you like a pit would to a chihuahua, but by all means, follow your phd's advice. We all know they're NEVER wrong.

Oh, and paying someone $100 to tell you, in a nutshell, to eat less? We need more mindless consumers like you to jumpstart this economy.
nice, a know-it-all who knows nothing and an asshole. excellent combo.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #31
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
time. PayPal me.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #32
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep
Drives: Trolley Car

Bobby Light, i stopped feeding the troll all together.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #33
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep

Quote:
In other words, you bitched out when it came time to answer the questions I layed out for you.
no relevance whatsoever to anything we've discussed. i could go markoni status and just make a bunch of numbers up and ramble on about nothing, like this:

My diet consists of lettuce, cucumbers, and water

Im -4% bodyfat, 101% muscle

I throw weights around like rag dolls. I dont pay attention to how much I lift, other than everything in the gym. Whatever that weights, thats how much I lift.

done.

all questions answered sufficiently according to markoni standards.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #34
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep

Quote:
Way to bitch out. I guess it wouldn't look good to be honest and admit that you're some out-of-shape pre-med student who can't lift shit at the gym and usually just spends his workout time in the sauna with his "buddies". Oh well. Maybe when you grow a pair you'll be man enough to answer a question. Til then, keep making up stuff and acting like a self-righteous prick.
1. not a med student.
2. not out of shape
3. dont act like you didnt have fun in the sauna with me yesterday.
4. internet numbers are meaningless. i post my numbers, and your response is one of two things. either you call me a liar and tell me im pulling numbers out of my ass, or im a weak little bitch because you can lift 11x what i can in every lift. resorting to lift numbers is the most bro-tarded direction to take a discussion. anyone with half a clue wouldnt need to be told this.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #35
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You expect me to wade through pages of posts spanning 3 different threads to find a few quotes that you're going to brush off anyway? Yeah right. I ain't doing your job for you.

I specifically made mention of people having sensitivities to dairy, it causing mucus, etc. I also mentioned that whole grains are a crucial part of a healthy diet as well but should be avoided for those with gluten sensitivities.
I go by what I see and haven't seen mention of food sensitivities. You act as if you have 120,000 posts on this forum, and it would hard to weed through them to find the post regarding gluten and dairy sensitivity. I applaud you if you did indeed mention it.

Quote:
Once again, it DOES NOT promote muscle wasting. My plan is to make vegetables (namely salads) the crux of ones daily diet, keeping their hunger in check and supplying vital nutrients.

I never said eat ONLY salad. You seem to only see black & white (not to mention you only read about 20% of what I've written and then make half-assed assumptions based on that).

What I said is START every meal with a small salad, then add on whatever else you were planning (assuming it's part of a healthy diet. I have to add that disclaimer because jerks like you will immediately come back with "so I can eat burgers and ribs here?").

So a lunch might look something like:

- Small salad
- Turkey sandwich on whole wheat, no mayo

Dinner might look like:

- Small salad
- Grilled salmon with steamed vegetables

Now please explain to me how THAT is muscle wasting.
Where is the physiology that I asked for? Explain to me the physiology of how your weight loss meal plan you posted promotes muscle preservation and fat loss.

A salad and water based diet with only two protein sources a day will not preserve muscle mass. You would lose weight, but it would be at the expense of body composition which negatively affects chances of long term success.

Quote:
So you read an article in Cosmo and that makes you an expert, yet I, who have verified everything I say with experience, am misguided? LOL.
Right, I got it from Cosmo. The questionnaire is very extensive and identifies autonomic nervous system dominance and oxidative rate -- two key factors that govern metabolism.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #36
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bobby,

I don't doubt that you know your stuff. You might have something with the oxidative rate and whatever, but what I don't agree with you on is that a serving or more of protein per meal is somehow not enough. How do you come to that conclusion and how many servings would you recommend?
Where's the physiology?

That's the thing. Your meal plan doesn't have protein at each meal. It has in protein two out of six meals. Here is your meal plan. Protein sources are bolded.

"Morning: Glass of water and a fruit smoothie (non-dairy, except yogurt if you really want some creaminess).
Mid-morning snack: Glass of water and a small salad.
Lunch: Glass of water, small salad, turkey on whole wheat sandwich with mustard.
Mid-afternoon snack: Glass of water and a small salad.
Dinner: Glass of water, small salad, grilled salmon with steamed vegetables.
After-dinner snack: Glass of water, mixed berries."

I wouldn't look at servings of protein. I would pay attention to total daily protein intake which I would put between 1.25-1.75g per pound of bodyweight dependent upon how serious the individual was about getting lean. This would be in conjunction with a calorie deficit and resistance training that would facilitate muscle preservation.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #37
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep

Quote:
Bobby,

What you're completely ignoring and what is crucial to the diet I outlined is the "cheat" day. This is the day when you intake all of what you say is missing.

The most effective weight loss is done with fasting/gorging cycles. If you get on a steady-state diet your body will adapt and your gains (or rather losses in this case) will plateau. The key is eating in cycles.

These cycles can either be daily, with strictly regulated calorie intake during the day followed by a gorging (and when I say gorging, I don't mean eating crap, I mean eating wholesome foods but in whatever measure you deem sufficient) meal at night, or these cycles can be longer, such as several days of restricted calorie intake followed by a day of gorging.

I've found this to be the most effective way to lose weight (and by "weight" I mean fat).
the concept behind cheat days deals with carbs, and to some degree, fats. even on PMSF (protein sparing modified fast) diets, your low calories days consist of nothing but leaner sources of protein. when you diet for weight loss, protein requirements increase. 1.5g/lb of protein is the standard recommendation by anyone with half a clue.

face it dude. you dont have the slightest clue what youre talking about, and im pretty sure youre making this shit up as you go along.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #38
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep

Quote:
Suck a fat dick. I wasn't talking to you. When you grow some balls and start acting like a man instead of a spineless prick, then maybe I'll give what you say some credence. Till then, you're just another cocksucking tard taking out his frustration at being a social reject out on others. Get some friends, buddy.
bwahahahahaha
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #39
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep

Quote:
Hardy-har. You're hilarious. Must be great sitting in your mom's basement laughing at your own jokes. Get bullied much?
no, actually im in my dads basement. your such a tool.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 02:54 AM   #40
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep

Quote:
You calling anyone a tool is rich. You're on the nuts of some failed 90's actor. Either you're a ****** with a John Stamos obsession or you're a socially inept inbred who's lame enough to have a separate troll account. Either way, you're a pure loser. Seriously, get lost, kid. I'm through talking to you.
Im Dave Coulier. Why would i be obsessed with John Stamos?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #41
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bobby,

What you're completely ignoring and what is crucial to the diet I outlined is the "cheat" day. This is the day when you intake all of what you say is missing.

The most effective weight loss is done with fasting/gorging cycles. If you get on a steady-state diet your body will adapt and your gains (or rather losses in this case) will plateau. The key is eating in cycles.

These cycles can either be daily, with strictly regulated calorie intake during the day followed by a gorging (and when I say gorging, I don't mean eating crap, I mean eating wholesome foods but in whatever measure you deem sufficient) meal at night, or these cycles can be longer, such as several days of restricted calorie intake followed by a day of gorging.

I've found this to be the most effective way to lose weight (and by "weight" I mean fat).
I guess I am not going to get that physiology question answered that I've asked three times I believe.

We are not talking adaptation to weight training here. If a person is in a calorie deficit, they will lose weight. The type of weight loss that occurs will be determined by where the calories are coming from. The body may rebel is if it not getting enough nutrients via diet due to too extreme a calorie deficit (malnourished).

I would avoid using the word "gorge" with people looking to lose weight. Having real world experience with individuals who desire weight loss, providing a cheat day (which you must have mentioned in another thread) is not ideal as one cheat day will turn into three cheat days during some weeks. In addition, why would I have a day of gorging when I am trying to lose weight? Gorging is a word that implies a calorie surplus. That would be a step in the wrong direction.

Your strategy of using a cheat/gorge day would be one that I would employ with a hard gainer who trying to put on mass (weight gain) not a one looking for weight loss.
Appreciate 1
chassis6373.50
Closed Thread