03-08-2020, 09:26 AM   #89
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworgri View Post
Another update, I removed it again and tried pressing both while driving. Nothing works.

So final conclusions are:

Either Tinymilad is a liar or it just works on his/her car.
Does seem a little uncharitable.
      04-23-2020, 03:40 AM   #90
Funkier
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 316i + F54 Cooper

Hello,

I drive an F54 and I also opened the circuit to see the same buttons for autohold. But it did not do anything when I pressed them in combinations as well.

Does anybody know what is the difference with EPBi mit AutoP, ohne AutoP and EMF? These are the types of handbrakes that you can set in FDL coding. Can someone with Auto Hold function enabled check their DSC2 for Handbremsen parameters?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 09:49 PM   #91
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
I have bought several bmw switches with auto hold buttons and will try and work out what correct layout/mechanism would be for the F48 switch. Interestingly, I opened my parking brake switch and it had the rubber actuator buttons inside, I will post some pics.
MJE60 - If you don't mind, may I ask what are the other switches that you bought?

Also, beside the button, did you compare the pin layout and/or the circuit board from those you bought?

I am tempted to buy some used switches too to compare. As example, I found this model: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...1-31-6-822-518

It seems to have the same pin and circuit board from the pictures. We'll have to see what's really inside. Based on the pictures shared in the thread, it seems there is 1 pin missing and the LED on the board.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 03:47 AM   #92
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnguyen View Post
- If you don't mind, may I ask what are the other switches that you bought?

Also, beside the button, did you compare the pin layout and/or the circuit board from those you bought?

I am tempted to buy some used switches too to compare. As example, I found this model: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...1-31-6-822-518

It seems to have the same pin and circuit board from the pictures. We'll have to see what's really inside. Based on the pictures shared in the thread, it seems there is 1 pin missing and the LED on the board.
I bought a spare F48 switch to dissemble and modify. The closest match for size but not pin layout I found is BMW X5 X6 E70-E72 HANDBRAKE PARKING BRAKE AUTO HOLD SWITCH BUTTON. Circuit boards are very similar but not identical.I found no switches from other models with identical pin layout.

The project failed for me because my car post July 2017 (Entrynav 2 vehicles) does not have the dash auto hold symbol and my switch is missing pins and a loom wire compared to X5. I got as far as working out options would be either to modify the F48 switch (using x5 switch for parts and guide) or use the X5 switch but modify/bridge the connector as pin layouts are different.

If you have a pre July 2017 vehicle or one with auto hold dash symbol then it should/might be possible, the F48 switch mod may need an led slotted and soldered into place on the small board (location obvious) and a linking mechanism created (x5 switch no use for this but good for comparison, pin/s iif needed and led). I worked out a spring loaded contact/terminal-probe would be best bet and would also need a short length of square/oblong profile acrylic rod to act as optic fibre so that led can be seen.
Mod would be to then create switch top with contact and acrylic rod bonded into place using 2-part putty. Basically you are creating a means to press the internal switches present on the board, the led is cosmetic but also may complete part of a circuit. If just using the X5 switch then it is not a straight swap, pin layouts are different and a small amount of adjustment/cosmetic work would be required to install. As an example the screws arms are different but it is nearest in profile.

IMO anyone attempting this mod would be advised to first remove and disassemble their switch so that internal micro switch pads are accessible (there are 2 side by side but either works) then connect and test by pressing contact pads, if auto hold function is available then the symbol will illuminate on the car dash between speedometer and Rev counter. All this at your risk, I make no assurances.

If anyone wants my spare F48 switch and the X5 switch they can have both for U.K. GBP 23 (this was cost to me for one of the switches) plus postage at cost to your location, PM me if interested.

Last edited by MJE60; 12-05-2020 at 04:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #93
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the reply.
I have an X2 2019 and there is the "Auto H" symbol on my dash.

It's my first BMW, I am not missing this feature. Just find it could be an interesting little project.
I don't mind to work on the switch, but I am a bit afraid about the coding part. My only experience so far is with BimmerCode in expert mode for the rear fog lights.

I might be interested to get your switches. I'll PM you later.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 06:29 PM   #94
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep

MJE60 - I got the error message that you have exceeded the stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until you clear some space.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 07:22 AM   #95
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnguyen View Post
MJE60 - I got the error message that you have exceeded the stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until you clear some space.
Thank you, I have sorted.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 01:28 PM   #96
COUWK
The BMW Life
Canada
Rep
Drives: f10 535d xDrive (e36,e46,f48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinymilad View Post
I opened the electronic parking break switch and the switch to turn on the auto hold is there on the circuit board behind the e-brake, it even has the led light. It activates auto hold without the need for any coding, But no actual actuator button is there. The enclosure does not have a place for a button for activation of auto hold. I drilled a hole so I can activate the auto hold switch with a thin metal rod, but that is not the cleanest way to do this, buying switches on eBay to see if any of them can be retrofitted. I'll post photos tomorrow

Hi,
Any coding req'd?
I imagine the DSC has to be coded to enable this feature.
Can you get a cafd file from your DSC?
Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #97
COUWK
The BMW Life
Canada
Rep

Not sure if you made any progress with this.

On my f48, the DSC module has the following options:
EPBi ohne Auto-P
Auto-P only
EMF
EPB
EPBi und Auto-P
Handbremse

Under 3009 DSC_FAS_CODIERDATEN, 3C -> Funktionen -> C_Variante_Feststellbremse -> Ausgelesen ->

It's set to EPBi ohne Auto-P (ohne is "without" in german)
I'm curious to try EPBi und Auto-P (und is "and" )

What i'm not sure about is if there are other coding that need to be changed in conjunction with...!

So I'm hesitant to do this, as it does affect the braking of the car. (read safety between the lines)
I'm sure that's why Bimmercode does not read the ecu, let alone allow expert mode...
I've noticed a few modules remove the expert mode function, must be the newer version of the app.

Anybody have any more to add to this?
Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkier View Post
Hello,

I drive an F54 and I also opened the circuit to see the same buttons for autohold. But it did not do anything when I pressed them in combinations as well.

Does anybody know what is the difference with EPBi mit AutoP, ohne AutoP and EMF? These are the types of handbrakes that you can set in FDL coding. Can someone with Auto Hold function enabled check their DSC2 for Handbremsen parameters?

Last edited by COUWK; 09-18-2021 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 08:53 AM   #98
COUWK
The BMW Life
Canada
Rep

Auto-Hold

I did want to add this as well.

In Kombi -> 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration, 3A -> Funktionen -> KL_PREDRIVE_F63_AUTO_H - > Ausgelesen

it's set to nicht_aktiv
I've set mine to aktiv

I think it's for the AUTO HOLD light in the dash.
Again not tested yet, as the DSC has to be coded.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 12:38 AM   #99
Mariarti
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Hello! Has anyone succeeded?
Appreciate 0