BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Tilt Sensor/Interior Motion Sensor Problem

03-23-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
analemma
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230i Coupe, Glacier Silver

Tilt Sensor/Interior Motion Sensor Problem

I've got a 2018 X1 that does >not< respond to the second-lock-button-press to defeat these alarm features. As a result, any time I take our local ferry (which is often) I either have to leave the car unlocked or be "that guy" who gets notified via the PA system that his car alarm is sounding.
My dealer says that this should be happening, but they want to upload new software to the vehicle before attempting any trouble-shooting for this issue. This is apparently a three-hour process, which is not in the cards until our health emergency subsides.
Since we aren't going anywhere, I can mess around with coding if there is a chance this might work. I've got Bimmercode at the moment.

Any suggestions to help this along? Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 03:42 AM   #2
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Have you done any coding changes to the time delay for folding the mirrors in when holding down the lock button? If you reduce this delay to zero, or a very low number, it stops the "second press to disable interior sensors" from working correctly. I had this issue a while back when doing some coding, and I had to revert the delay back from zero, to a second or two. I need to be able to disable the interior sensor for when the dog is in the car and we lock up when popping in to a shop etc.
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      03-26-2020, 08:25 PM   #3
analemma
Private
Canada
Rep

Great! Yes, I did exactly that. I've done it to my 230i as well but it works fine.
I'll go out and give this fix a shot tomorrow.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
Have you done any coding changes to the time delay for folding the mirrors in when holding down the lock button? If you reduce this delay to zero, or a very low number, it stops the "second press to disable interior sensors" from working correctly. I had this issue a while back when doing some coding, and I had to revert the delay back from zero, to a second or two. I need to be able to disable the interior sensor for when the dog is in the car and we lock up when popping in to a shop etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
analemma
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by analemma View Post
Great! Yes, I did exactly that. I've done it to my 230i as well but it works fine.
I'll go out and give this fix a shot tomorrow.
Thanks
I went through the coding process with Bimmercode today, and managed to fix the alarm problem. I now get the proper acknowledgement blink from the clown nose. I still have to test it on the ferry.
Bimmercode only offers the option of "automatically fold mirrors on locking" or words to that effect. There doesn't appear to be an option to vary the delay between the lock and the mirror fold.
This is not a big problem as I can still fold mirrors manually, but it would be nice. Any pointers?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 03:02 AM   #5
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Bimmercode; I used the eSys app on my laptop to tweak the delay timings on my X1. Are there any "advanced" options to actually change the delay value anywhere? Or is it just a on/off option to fold the mirrors? I reduced the delay to half the default. From the notes I made a few years ago...

BDC - 3056 - KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN = 0F -> 08 (auto-fold mirrors in when locking, with small delay on pushing the fob button)

I have to hold the lock button for about 1 second to get the mirrors to fold in (and start closing any open windows). A quick press of the lock button just locks the doors (without folding the mirrors), and a second quick press still disables the interior alarm movement sensors, and that's about the best balance I could get in terms of timings and still having the interior sensor disable feature working. Hope you can get something sorted in Bimmercode!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #6
analemma
Private
Canada
Rep

Thanks. I'll try advanced mode in Bimmercode first. My want list is pretty short and simple, and I'm not sure I want to invest the mental effort in using eSys. Knowing the label you've pointed me at should help. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Bimmercode; I used the eSys app on my laptop to tweak the delay timings on my X1. Are there any "advanced" options to actually change the delay value anywhere? Or is it just a on/off option to fold the mirrors? I reduced the delay to half the default. From the notes I made a few years ago...

BDC - 3056 - KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN = 0F -> 08 (auto-fold mirrors in when locking, with small delay on pushing the fob button)

I have to hold the lock button for about 1 second to get the mirrors to fold in (and start closing any open windows). A quick press of the lock button just locks the doors (without folding the mirrors), and a second quick press still disables the interior alarm movement sensors, and that's about the best balance I could get in terms of timings and still having the interior sensor disable feature working. Hope you can get something sorted in Bimmercode!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 04:19 PM   #7
UnopposedCheeseBurger
Private
Rep
Drives: _

Hey there - curious what became of this? I'm in a similar situation where i'm trying to disable the interior motion sensor so that I could bring my dog. I've been trying with Bimmercode, but can't get the clown nose to stay lit a little longer after I lock it a second time within 10 seconds.
Appreciate 0