BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Active cruise control - sudden failure

06-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #1
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Active cruise control - sudden failure

Been enjoying my active cruise control for some time now. However, today I was cruising along at 100kmh, when suddenly the ACC went off. It would not engage even the 'normal' cruise control (without the distance control).

The sun wasn't shining directly in front (in fact it was mid-day), the camera lens wasn't dirty or wet.

Eventually I had to pull over to the roadside, switch off and restart the engine.

This issue happened again very briefly during the same drive, but this time I could 'restart' the CC...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
skr9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2001 Audi TT

I ordered an X2 M35 specifically because I wanted this option, and would seem BMW does not ship these to dealers with this option as a rule of thumb. Appreciate your sharing this info - and eager to hear how others feel about the system.
Interestingly, I have this in my current 2018 Nissan Murano, and the same exact thing happens; clear weather, no obstructions on the sensors, and suddenly "ACC is currently unavailable". My Nissan dealer claims there were no fault codes generated and they would not replace the radar sensor for me - despite the fact they have an actual recall on the exact same part for the Rogue. It is my understanding from reading around that Nissan sources these units from Bosch - so wonder who the supplier is for the BMW system.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #3
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
95k miles on my F30 335i and the only time I have an issue is in extremely-heavy rain. If i keep some WD-40 on the connector it will mitigate this for a few months, but eventually steady washing will clean the WD-40 away and I have to reapply.