BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Volume decreases when setting off

05-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #1
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Volume decreases when setting off

Anyone else notice the volume on the stereo decreases by about a third when setting off from stationery in traffic - if it's turned up to full before hand?

Very annoying if you like loud tunes - and the adjustment for "speed volume" doesn't have much effect either whether its all + or -

Might be a software issue if it's only mine
      05-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #2
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F48 X1 (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcomma
Anyone else notice the volume on the stereo decreases by about a third when setting off from stationery in traffic - if it's turned up to full before hand?

Very annoying if you like loud tunes - and the adjustment for "speed volume" doesn't have much effect either whether its all + or -

Might be a software issue if it's only mine
I used to have F30, if you turn off the system while in high volume then when turn on it is set to lower volume and i guess it is protection act for the speakers as they might get damaged in case they start up high volume ...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanizh View Post
I used to have F30, if you turn off the system while in high volume then when turn on it is set to lower volume and i guess it is protection act for the speakers as they might get damaged in case they start up high volume ...
No the system doesn't go off - I mean when you brake to a halt, then start moving again!

Speed sensitive (or possibly idle stop/start sensitive)
      05-11-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F48 X1 (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcomma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanizh View Post
No the system doesn't go off - I mean when you brake to a halt, then start moving again!

Speed sensitive (or possibly idle stop/start sensitive)
It is a setup of volume related to vehicle speed, look for it in the setup menu and turn it off if you don't like it or reduce the relation ratio ..
Appreciate 0