BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Dealer Allocation

11-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #1
Space Unicorn
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chuck Taylor's

Garage List
Dealer Allocation

Anyone know of dealers with an X2 M35i allocation? I dropped the $2,500 on the deposit, and feel kinda like I'm getting dicked around. Put the deposit down on Wednesday and the only thing I've gotten is "We still don't have an allocation, but we're looking." I don't really give a shit what dealer delivers the car, and I'm happy to travel to pick it up. Basically I just want my dealership to cut the shit and get me a friggin car already!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

It would probably help to mention where you are....
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 11:26 AM   #3
Space Unicorn
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
It would probably help to mention where you are....
GENIUS!! LOL, I should have thought about that! I am currently located in Colorado Springs, but I don't mind a nice road trip... or a flight here or there. While I'm in Colorado, I'm willing to travel anywhere in the continental US. Thanks again rice_rocket88. Never would have thought to include my location.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

My experience with allocation is to be a little bit patient. The dealer may have M35i's in the future builds, but they can't necessarily change them to your spec without calling the factory. There's quite a bit of horsetrading possible with other dealers, too.

In my case I think it took a week or two to resolve. But I got a very favorable build slot, and the car was delivered promptly. This was fall 2019 though. It's fun to watch it move forward, and then track the ship!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
Space Unicorn
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
My experience with allocation is to be a little bit patient. The dealer may have M35i's in the future builds, but they can't necessarily change them to your spec without calling the factory. There's quite a bit of horsetrading possible with other dealers, too.

In my case I think it took a week or two to resolve. But I got a very favorable build slot, and the car was delivered promptly. This was fall 2019 though. It's fun to watch it move forward, and then track the ship!
Guess I just find it frustrating to part ways with my hard earned $$$ and walk away with nothing. Worse yet, spend a week+ with nothing, no build slot, no update, no "we've done _____ and are trying to ______." $2,500 and not a thing.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #6
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Did you even get a build sheet printout with an order production number and order status? Even if the dealer doesn't have a confirmed production slot, they should still be entering your order in an attempt to get BMW to give them a production slot, and the order status will reflect as such. Additionally they will barter with other dealerships for "unused" F39 allocations in exchange for another allocation that dealer may want. Until the order goes into status 150 - Production started, the entire order spec can be changed in the online order system as many times as they want.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 09:31 PM   #7
Space Unicorn
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Did get a build sheet... not sure that it actually shows anything, least not that I know how to read? I'll attach what I got. Welcome any insights to which I may not be aware!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0