BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Manual Side Mirrors - xDrive 20d

08-22-2022, 12:43 AM   #1
AWJDThumper
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Manual Side Mirrors - xDrive 20d

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I've had my 2019 X1 a couple of months now but still haven't managed to work out how to fold in the side mirrors. It does not have the button for this on the driver's set of mirror adjustment buttons and so I assume my mirrors do not have electric folding. However, although I have tried to fold them in manually, I'm reluctant to use too much force.

Do I need to push harder or is it possible I still have electrically folding mirrors?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 12:55 AM   #2
jrveron
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 m40i

2017 M-Sport SDrive here. I don't have electric folding mirrors, but I can fold them manually. I confirm you do need to apply some force to do it.

I strongly believe if you don't have the button on the driver's side, you don't have electric folding mirrors.
      08-22-2022, 04:50 AM   #3
AWJDThumper
Rep

Many thanks for confirming that - I'll pluck up the courage and go an give them a hard shove!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 09:36 AM   #4
cptANGRIST
Registered
Rep
Drives: f48 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJDThumper View Post
Many thanks for confirming that - I'll pluck up the courage and go an give them a hard shove!
try to push al tittle bit up while doing do, imagine there is a penny sized button that clicks into position while open. so you have to jump over that little thingy..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 03:44 AM   #5
AWJDThumper
Rep

It manually pushed in quite easily in the end - it was just that, since the car seems to have a button for just about everything else, I found it difficult to convince myself the side mirrors were not electric and I didn't want to risk damaging the mechanism. Like most things in the User Manual, it wasn't clear from it what was actually fitted to my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 04:09 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJDThumper View Post
It manually pushed in quite easily in the end - it was just that, since the car seems to have a button for just about everything else, I found it difficult to convince myself the side mirrors were not electric and I didn't want to risk damaging the mechanism. Like most things in the User Manual, it wasn't clear from it what was actually fitted to my car.
Do you have iDrive? If you do, there should be an owners manual built into iDrive. It is specific to your BMW's VIN and options. So when reading through the owners manual built into iDrive...it will skip over features that are not there...unlike the paperback version which is "universal" and covers everything that is possible since it is tossed into every vehicle.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-23-2022 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0