BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BMW E-sys coding for the f48 x1

04-16-2019, 04:04 AM   #617
Slim125
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
There are a number of changes but perhaps the most important one is the fact that option 5DF (for F48) works through the SAS module/Ecu and has additional pressure sensor fitted in braking system. If you are trying to retrofit 5DF into F48 then you will need additional Ecu , wiring loom modification and at least one other part in braking system as well as new steering wheel switch.
I found NCD/CAFD tool does not well well for F48, the suggested parameter changes in many cases were wrong and out of date when I checked for change from 6UN to 6UP. Look at thread from PurePulse64 he posted more information on 5Df and also said tool was not totally helpful.
I have everything installed. It remains only to encode.
The fact is that I have F56, officially 5DF is not stated for it, but they say it can be encoded as F48. But I don’t know how to do it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:21 AM   #618
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim125 View Post
I have everything installed. It remains only to encode.
The fact is that I have F56, officially 5DF is not stated for it, but they say it can be encoded as F48. But I don’t know how to do it.
When you say 5DF is not officially stated, what do you mean?
For the F48 ACC is only available (may vary by market but certainly was the position for Europe & US) as part of driving assistant plus 5ATA package but if you look at VIN factory FA build it shows S5ATA and 5DF separately. If you had cruise control with braking function (option S544A) it needs to be removed and replaced with 5DF. This is called VO coding and has to be done with E-Sys. Whilst it should be possible to make all individual Ecu code changes using Bimmercode (fdl coding), I have not seen a list assembled for F48 and the tools to help you identify such changes is imo unreliable for F56/f48.

My best advise is go to Bimmerfest coding forum and ask for assistance, namely a recommendation on who to use to do the VO coding for you. Other option is search the internet for BMW coding services.
The coding can be done remotely, there are people with the expertise. In addition to changing your car FA through VO coding, you may also find that some of the parts fitted (SAS module for example) might need updating (CAFD updating for your car Istep - software version).

Finally when you say you have all the parts fitted to make ACC work, My list of necessary parts would include
-new steering wheel switch
-wiring loom patch for SAS module
-SAS module (acc works through this module)
- new DSC Unit (or additional pressure sensor fitted into existing DSC - the SAS module and HU need brake pressure readings to control braking function as it is routed completely differently to option S544a. The DSC for option 5DF is modified).
There is a reason why BMW have not protected 5DF with an fsc code, the reason is that it requires a lot of replacement/additional parts.

Good luck, Hope it works for you, let us know.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-16-2019 at 05:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 01:25 PM   #619
Slim125
Rep

Quote:
When you say 5DF is not officially stated, what do you mean?
For the F48 ACC is only available
I am talking about the MINI F56. Therefore, I am interested in knowing which parameters are changing for 5DF FDL to F48.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 02:50 AM   #620
Mrc527
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Hi guys,

I'm new in car coding. I tried to add Extended Apple Support in HeadUnit because I read on the web that it would enable me to change selected iPhone app from the iDrive (for instance, switching from connected drive to Spotify and vice-versa).

This of course didn't work and now I don't have any "Connected Services" anymore. lol

So, basically all the other coding (like keeping in memory the drive status and so on) worked perfectly. But now I would like to get back my BMW Apps and Connected Services as they were before (it was present when they delivered my car).

Any suggestion what I might have changed? I tried restoring HeadUnit backup but still, no luck.

Might be, this setting is coming from another ECU, I don't remember having changed anything related to online services or BMW Apps in any other ECU BTW...

Last information: I'm using bimmercode on an iPhone with a WiFi ODB2 connector.

Thanks for your help and compliments for the great forum.

Bye!

M
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 08:10 AM   #621
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc527 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm new in car coding. I tried to add Extended Apple Support in HeadUnit because I read on the web that it would enable me to change selected iPhone app from the iDrive (for instance, switching from connected drive to Spotify and vice-versa).

This of course didn't work and now I don't have any "Connected Services" anymore. lol

So, basically all the other coding (like keeping in memory the drive status and so on) worked perfectly. But now I would like to get back my BMW Apps and Connected Services as they were before (it was present when they delivered my car).

Any suggestion what I might have changed? I tried restoring HeadUnit backup but still, no luck.

Might be, this setting is coming from another ECU, I don't remember having changed anything related to online services or BMW Apps in any other ECU BTW...

Last information: I'm using bimmercode on an iPhone with a WiFi ODB2 connector.

Thanks for your help and compliments for the great forum.

Bye!

M
Hi
Did you keep a record of the exact changes you made?

I have included a link which may help with future bimmercode adventures.
https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1587508

Last edited by MJE60; 04-20-2019 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #622
Mrc527
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Hi
Did you keep a record of the exact changes you made?

I have included a link which may help with future bimmercode adventures.
https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1587508
That's a good question.
Problem is: When the BMW Apps disappeared I did a few trials and errors and there I lost track of my changes.

Point is: looks like even restoring the very first HU backup I have is not solving the issue.
Question, then, is: Do someone know the entries I should check to ensure BMW Apps / Connected Drive services are enabled?
Most probably I have a faulty backup or there is another entry in a different ECU than HU I have changed and I forgot.

You know: in the beginning you're scared and you keep track of everything: all goes well. Then you feel confident and you start doing actual mistakes.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 11:33 AM   #623
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

As I’ve indicated recently, my knowledge of coding is zero, so this is essentially an off the cuff response and may not work for you.
I use an iPhone 7 with my Connected Drive and looking at the App and going into the ‘More’ tab and on to the FAQ page, there’s a response to ‘How can I fix the connection between my phone and my vehicle if it stops working.’
Perhaps going back to basics might be worth a try, so long as you appreciate there may be some risk involved. MJE60 might have thoughts on that approach.
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      04-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #624
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
That's a good question.
Problem is: When the BMW Apps disappeared I did a few trials and errors and there I lost track of my changes.

Point is: looks like even restoring the very first HU backup I have is not solving the issue.
Question, then, is: Do someone know the entries I should check to ensure BMW Apps / Connected Drive services are enabled?
Most probably I have a faulty backup or there is another entry in a different ECU than HU I have changed and I forgot.

You know: in the beginning you're scared and you keep track of everything: all goes well. Then you feel confident and you start doing actual mistakes.
Are teleservices still working? (Can you make an emergency call, do not worry it is a BMW switchboard, if you connect tell them you thought it was not working). Also have you tried doing an update in the software menu (iDrive)?

Last edited by MJE60; 04-25-2019 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #625
Mrc527
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's a good question.

Are teleservices still working? (Can you make an emergency call, do not worry it is a BMW switchboard, if you connect tell them you thought it was not working). Also have you tried doing an update in the software menu?
Quote:
Quote:
That's a good question.

Are teleservices still working? (Can you make an emergency call, do not worry it is a BMW switchboard, if you connect tell them you thought it was not working). Also have you tried doing an update in the software menu?
Ok, I figured out that there is an "update" entry in the connected drive option menu which does the trick!

Basically sometimes when flashing HU_NBT you lose those services. Just go there and click "update". In a few seconds, all the usual apps and services are back!

Thanks guys for your support, hope this could help someone else which is in the same situation.

Byeeee
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 02:48 AM   #626
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Glad trying Update worked.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #627
Slim125
Rep

Tell me what blocks you need to code for 5DF?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 01:13 AM   #628
Demonaz
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 F48 18i sDrive Automatic

Hi Community!

In the past I just looked over the shoulder of a friend who coded my E91 LCI

After my wife owned a brand new F48 I looked into the "new coding" with e-sys and I mean it's pretty simple compared to NCS. Therefore I decided to do it on my own.

As informations about F48 coding are very rare in the web I really want to say thank you for this thread - it helped a lot!
Especially the posts and knowledge of Almaretto.

But as allways I have still some questions:
1. I read somewhere else that I have to deactivate MSC and VCM update in E-Sys options, to avoid some "flags" which BMW could read and warranty would disappear. Is that true?

2. Every KOMBI-coding will cause an error - is that true?

3. With E-sys 3.33.1 I have no EDIABAS or INPA to read/delete the FS - any ideas where to get it? Download links I found are all invalid.

4. Is there a way to code US-sidemarkers (dimmed turn lights) for adaptive LED lights? I found some options But the provided values didn't tell me which should work.

Thank you guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 05:17 AM   #629
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

=
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonaz View Post
Hi Community!

After my wife owned a brand new F48 I looked into the "new coding" with e-sys and I mean it's pretty simple compared to NCS. Therefore I decided to do it on my own.

As informations about F48 coding are very rare in the web I really want to say thank you for this thread - it helped a lot!

1. I read somewhere else that I have to deactivate MSC and VCM update in E-Sys options, to avoid some "flags" which BMW could read and warranty would disappear. Is that true?

3. With E-sys 3.33.1 I have no EDIABAS or INPA to read/delete the FS - any ideas where to get it? Download links I found are all invalid.

4. Is there a way to code US-sidemarkers (dimmed turn lights) for adaptive LED lights? I found some options But the provided values didn't tell me which should work.

Thank you guys!
Hi
Your questions require fairly lengthy answers so I will take one at a time.
1. Update of VCM & MSM- disable in settings. Short answer is yes. The reason is that E-sys is BMW oem software and you really do not want a detailed audit trail of your coding being sent back to Munich computers for analysis. The long answer is that there are occasions where you do want to update the VCM (vehicle configuration) however you should only do so manually and if you understand what and why you are doing it. As an example I changed my car configuration from S6UN to S6UP and updated the Build configuration in VCM, the reason is that I wanted my retrofit to be permanent and recognised by BMW dealer software whenever the car is updated. However, I made sure I used genuine BMW parts that were correct for my car build date. In other words the car was correct to factory specification, this way, the dealer software will not throw up error codes. In summary, only update the VCM if your retrofit/coding changes and parts are correct for the car model and correct for build date.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-25-2019 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 09:31 AM   #630
Demonaz
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Community!

Thank you guys!
Hi
Your questions require fairly lengthy answers so I will take one at a time.
1. Update of VCM & MSM- disable in settings. Short answer is yes. The reason is that E-sys is BMW oem software and you really do not want a detailed audit trail of your coding being sent back to Munich computers for analysis. The long answer is that there are occasions where you do want to update the VCM (vehicle configuration) however you should only do so manually and if you understand what and why you are doing it. As an example I changed my car configuration from S6UN to S6UP and updated the Build configuration in VCM, the reason is that I wanted my retrofit to be permanent and recognised by BMW dealer software whenever the car is updated. However, I made sure I used genuine BMW parts that were correct for my car build date. In other words the car was correct to factory specification, this way, the dealer software will not throw up error codes. In summary, only update the VCM if your retrofit/coding changes are correct for the car model and correct for build date.
Thanks a lot for the explanation. I just coded some software stuff (window closing, time delay for comfort closing, M start animation and logo.. the basic codings and no retrofits)
So what I am supposed to do now? Is it too late?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #631
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the explanation. I just coded some software stuff (window closing, time delay for comfort closing, M start animation and logo.. the basic codings and no retrofits)
So what I am supposed to do now? Is it too late?
Hi
None of the changes you made should have any impact on warranty but I would still disable VCM & MSM update after TAL execution in the E-sys settings.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-25-2019 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 10:13 AM   #632
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the explanation. I just coded some software stuff .....
With regard to E-sys 3.33.1 I am not sure why you are using this version or what version of Launcher you are using with it but only source of reliable download links I would trust are from Shawn Sheridan, I suggest you PM him and ask.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-25-2019 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 10:39 AM   #633
Demonaz
Registered
Rep

Quote:
With regard to E-sys 3.33.1 I am not sure why you are using this version or what version of Launcher you are using with it but only source of reliable download links I would trust are from Shawn Sheridan, I suggest you PM him and ask.
I got the link from FTM after donation verification. and I am using Launcher Pro.
I will PM Shawnsheridan thanks!
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      04-25-2019, 10:53 AM   #634
victorngcm
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Quote:
I got the link from FTM after donation verification. and I am using Launcher Pro.
I will PM Shawnsheridan thanks!
lucky guy...i got no respond from token master for about 4 months...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #635
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorngcm View Post
lucky guy...i got no respond from token master for about 4 months...
It's been almost a year and I still haven't received a response.. At this point I don't believe I'll get one but at least I donated to a cause that I believed in.

I get his reasoning behind making that decision but I feel it could have/could be handled a bit better; especially for those of us who are following his directions and attempting to legitimately use it versus trying to profit off of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 10:11 PM   #636
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePulse64 View Post
It's been almost a year and I still haven't received a response.. At this point I don't believe I'll get one but at least I donated to a cause that I believed in.

I get his reasoning behind making that decision but I feel it could have/could be handled a bit better; especially for those of us who are following his directions and attempting to legitimately use it versus trying to profit off of it.
TM was away for awhile (5 months). He is back now and released new Launcher. It will takes some time to catch up with emails.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 02:01 AM   #637
redcars
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228xi

Climate Control Temp Increment Coding

Is it possible to code the climate control temperature setting to increment by 1 degree instead of 2 degrees, e.g. 62, 64, 66, etc.?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 07:57 PM   #638
Takabo
Private
Japan
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xDrive Touring MSport

E-Sys Launcher PRO 2.8.2

Hello everyone.

Did you read this blog?

https://tokenmaster.blogspot.com/201...r-pro-282.html

I coded with BIMMERCODE, but also installed E-Sys Launcher PRO 2.8.2.

Thank you.
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00