BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) sDrive 18i opinions? Worth it? 1.5 three cilinder engine opinions?

07-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #23
1ittletofu
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

I usually drive alone with my golf equipment in the back; if that is of any significance.

Although the car has also had 5 adults in with some heavy luggages and it managed fine on the motorway where the speed limit is 140kph.

Hopefully that helps!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 08:16 AM   #24
tomperson
Uruguay
Rep
Drives: C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ittletofu View Post
Although the car has also had 5 adults in with some heavy luggages and it managed fine on the motorway where the speed limit is 140kph.
Hopefully that helps!
It does help! Thanks. I'm eager for the test drive...looks like i'm going to have a quick test drive (half an hour) the upcoming weekend. If my impressions are good, i will ask the dealer for an extended test drive...like, taking the car home for a whole weekend...Will provide my thoughts after that...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #25
tomperson
Uruguay
Rep
Drives: C4

Guys...for any other users interested in more information on the X1 sdrive 18i (F48) I found really comprehensive test that was published by ADAC (the German Automobile Club) - it's 14 pages long.

I'm not a German speaker, so i used google translate to be able to understand its content.

Highlights regarding engine performance (which is probably why anybody would be reading this thread anyway):
  • The 1.5-liter turbo-benzine makes its case in the nearly 1.5-ton X1 remarkably well. The 136 hp engineered unit develops its performance evenly, is strikingly quiet and ensures a perfect driving performance. The desire for more performance rarely occurs.
  • Only subtle vibrations can be heard.
  • The simulated overtaking process of 60 to 100 km/h the X1 finished in good 5.8 seconds (measured in the second gear). In fourth gear, 10.2 s, in the fifth 12.6 and the sixth 15.6 s.
  • At 130 km/h the engine turns at 2800rpm.
Links below:

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/test...px?IDTest=5451

https://www.adac.de/_ext/itr/tests/A..._Advantage.pdf
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 02:14 PM   #26
Buzz
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: sDrive 1.8i -BMW X1

Talking 1.8i petrol

I drive the 3 cylinder 1.8i and I find it very satisfactory. Road noise is quiet due to not having rft tyres, it is very agile around town and it is okay on motorways as well.
It may not be quick enough for younger petrol heads but hey to me been there got the T shirt.
Appreciate 0