BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions Not feeling the "Bimmerpost" front page.

03-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Thumbs down Not feeling the "Bimmerpost" front page.

Looks like it was just changed. Not a fan, looks sloppy compared to before. Not trying to step on the toes of whoever changed it, but just seeing if others liked the old style better.

The old style was perfect, IMO. Looked more professional.

Edit: I didn't mean to post this here. My bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 01:54 AM   #2
inf3st
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 black 320i

Wot!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

+1... to much white. and google adds ftl...
      03-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
+1... to much white. and google adds ftl...
yeah, please change it back bimmerpost.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Google ads and white where there before, the only difference is the news item picture is bigger now..
      03-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post
Google ads and white where there before, the only difference is the news item picture is bigger now..
Right, but the previous format with the news item picture centered, and the scrolling message underneath the picture seemed to look a lot better, imho. The blurb underneath the picture, the way the picture and the blurb scrolled to the next item, etc. just seemd a lot better than just seeing a random picture now, and having to scroll down to see the appropriate caption that corresponds with the picture. It is not that big of a deal, just trying to provide some feedback.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
Mark
Administrator
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Right, but the previous format with the news item picture centered, and the scrolling message underneath the picture seemed to look a lot better, imho. The blurb underneath the picture, the way the picture and the blurb scrolled to the next item, etc. just seemd a lot better than just seeing a random picture now, and having to scroll down to see the appropriate caption that corresponds with the picture. It is not that big of a deal, just trying to provide some feedback.
What resolution are you running on that you can't see the title without scrolling down??
      03-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
What resolution are you running on that you can't see the title without scrolling down??
I can see the title. Don't worry. I'm really not trying to make a big deal about this. I was just voicing my opinion that I liked the old format better. In fact, I thought it was the best homepage that the site has ever had in terms of looks/functionality. The new format is growing on me now.

Tell me if this is true of the new format: I think this is an improvement that was recently made. I notice that now there is just 1 large picture in the new format, vs. initially in the new format where there seemed to be side-by-side frames of the same picture.

Regardless, thank you for responding to my feedback. I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 06:30 AM   #9
Mark
Administrator
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I can see the title. Don't worry. I'm really not trying to make a big deal about this. I was just voicing my opinion that I liked the old format better. In fact, I thought it was the best homepage that the site has ever had in terms of looks/functionality. The new format is growing on me now.

Tell me if this is true of the new format: I think this is an improvement that was recently made. I notice that now there is just 1 large picture in the new format, vs. initially in the new format where there seemed to be side-by-side frames of the same picture.

Regardless, thank you for responding to my feedback. I appreciate it.
You know what I think happened, I think you had a cache of the old hompage on your computer with parts of the new homepage on your computer thats probably why it looked strange. If you do a complete page refresh (F5 on internet explorer) then you should see it how its suposed to be. As for the criticisisms, I welcome them, they can only help to improve the place, thats why I'm trying to figure out whats going on, the title of the news article should appear without having to scroll down for sure
      03-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #10
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You know what I think happened, I think you had a cache of the old hompage on your computer with parts of the new homepage on your computer thats probably why it looked strange. If you do a complete page refresh (F5 on internet explorer) then you should see it how its suposed to be. As for the criticisisms, I welcome them, they can only help to improve the place, thats why I'm trying to figure out whats going on, the title of the news article should appear without having to scroll down for sure
The front page looks amazing now.
Appreciate 0