BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Add engine sound to your Tesla?

09-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #45
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Buy a used car or keep what you have. I.e don't buy an EV.
Correct but not feasible at least for daily drivers. German cars crap out after 4 yrs and Alfas crap out when you look at a squirrel. We can buy the last ICE cars on the market and drive them a few years after these "bans" come into play, but everything gets old eventually and becomes a headache to maintain. Cars, ICE or EV, all have a shelf life.
I get that it's def tough if you're someone that wants all the latest tech in a car and is used to the 3-4 yr lease turnaround, you're going to go EV, esp in the luxury segment, no matter what.

But even when all cars were ICE, how many enthusiast options were there? It was always a slim minority, and yes it'll become even more slim but I still think there we'll end up in a place with a few really solid enthusiast ICE only options available with a crapload of SUVs, Minivans, Sedans, super cars, HyperCars and entry level vehicles that are EVs.

2030 in my opinion is also way too soon for the majority of people to go full EV.
Appreciate 0