BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) F48 X1 gets exposed in China

01-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #23
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

BMW please keep all X-Models AWD xDrive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls
Looks better than the original model. Personally, I think all X-Models should just have xDrive. BMW advertises these models as being used in a variety of environments so they should just use xDrive. Who buys a SAV/SUV for FWD or RWD?
+1

The updated interior looks way nicer; sport seats, updated dash, nicer steering wheel, better family resemblance. Way cooler rims!

We drove the X1 as a loaner it was way under powered and well felt cheep. This looks like a way needed update. Just because it is a less expensive Beemer does not mean it needs to feel cheep and under powered.

Please do not tell me this is going to be FWD? Hell no!

BMW no FWD BMW's ever!

Please keep all X-Models AWD xDrive!!!

I am highly anticipating an X4M with xDrive!

Last edited by DCG; 01-28-2015 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 03:39 PM   #24
LinkF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' MG F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
Dont forget 2ser, future z3 and if profits keep going up expect x3 and others. Welcome to Bavarian Audi
Audi has always been Bavarian. Audi HQ is in Ingolstadt.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #25
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkF1
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
Dont forget 2ser, future z3 and if profits keep going up expect x3 and others. Welcome to Bavarian Audi
Audi has always been Bavarian. Audi HQ is in Ingolstadt.
Sorry ment munich's. Really long day at work
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #26
ARMASPEED
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

look very nice, but please no FWD

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #27
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by z19930612 View Post
You don't expect X1 buyers to understand what is the driving pleasure anyway, they buy it just because it's cheap, relatively big and its a BMW
Keep your lame opinions for yourself.

I bought the X1 because:

- it has the perfect dimensions for my wife who does not love a car bigger than a sedan
- it has Xdrive and we really need it in here where we live
- it is RWD biased and provides enough fun for an AWD vehicle
- it is BMW and actually it does have a BMW feel
- fits perfect the bill in every other aspect for my family
- and we really like it!

Stop judging other people choices form your very narrow point of view. If someone owns a Ford Fiesta, it doesn't mean that he bought it because of the price.

Man, some people are just lacking respect in every aspect.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 10:13 PM   #28
z19930612
Lieutenant
China
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus
Quote:
You don't expect X1 buyers to understand what is the driving pleasure anyway, they buy it just because it's cheap, relatively big and its a BMW

I bought the X1 because:

- it has the perfect dimensions for my wife who does not love a car bigger than a sedan
- it is BMW and actually it does provide a certain level of fun driving
- and we really like it!

Stop judging other people choices form your very narrow point of view. If someone owns a Ford Fiesta, it doesn't mean that he bought it because of the price.

Blah blah
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 02:48 AM   #29
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Blah blah
So you replaced your Honda and bought a USED E92 from an used car dealer, and have the audacity to come in here to comment and call cheap other people that order their cars BRAND NEW, with more money than your used car cost initially... Right....

It is an used 335i not a Bugatti.
You made my day you ignorant kid...

Last edited by Teutonic; 01-29-2015 at 03:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 04:26 AM   #30
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Quote:

I bought the X1 because:

- it is BMW and actually it does have a BMW feel
- and we really like it!

Agree.
Before I bought my x3 I went to the paris motor show and check out the x1. Both myself and my wife prefered the x1 to the x3 we eventually got in both exterior design and interior design - imo far better than the 90's x3 interior. The only reason we went for the x3 was the x1 small boot space for our personal needs.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 04:36 AM   #31
Ryan///M
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bimmer, Benz or Bentley.

what the hell is wrong with BMW!! man it looks like the current X3!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #32
z19930612
Lieutenant
China
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Blah blah
So you replaced your Honda and bought a USED E92 from an used car dealer, and have the audacity to come in here to comment and call cheap other people that order their cars BRAND NEW, with more money than your used car cost initially... Right....

It is an used 335i not a Bugatti.
You made my day you ignorant kid...
Wow, you did some good research on my profile
And now you are just lacking respect to Honda yourself
You won't argue with me about X1 if you don't have one do you
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #33
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

it looks like 1 series lci on steroids, much like gla with a classe
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #34
IcemanNorway
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 2.0D M

Garage List
2015 X3 F25  [0.00]
Looks like BMW have styled the new X1 more to the looks of the new LCI 1 series or vise versa.

Lots of people believes the current X1 is related to the 1 series, and that the X3 is related to the 3 series and so on, which is not the case.

This confusion give the current X1 lower status, as potential customers choose the 3 series with xDrive instead, thinking this is a larger car. Which is just wrong.

The X models are more or less individually cars and the X1 on sale today is actually based on the 3 series (E91) touring. More like a 3 series allroad if you like.

I only hope BMW will sell the new X1 with the longer wheelbase as an option world wide. It would then be the perfect family car for 350 days of the year.

Last edited by IcemanNorway; 01-29-2015 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #35
bmwx3805
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 cruze diesel and 2019 430I

looks really good. have a feeling this might end up in my drive way. lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #36
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Beg your pardon!

How is the new one better when you can no longer get the turbo 6 in It? That was going to be our next family car right after we get out of the current one... Bummer.

May be the right time to sample a Macan.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 02:45 AM   #37
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
How is the new one better when you can no longer get the turbo 6 in It?
It's better in some ways. For example the F48 X1 is lighter than E84 X1 due to better powertrain packaging. It also has roughly equivalent interior space even though it's smaller in some dimensions, for the same reason.

For my family the size of the F48 X1 is perfect, since parking in tiny Seattle downtown parking spaces is challenging with my 6er. We need something that can haul a family + stuff around and still find parking and navigate narrow roads too.

BTW, rumor mills have been saying there's a forthcoming lightweight 300 hp version of the new B-series engine. The B-series is the kind BMW is using for the F48 and 2er Active Tourer (and Minis etc). If true -- and if BMW puts it into the X1 -- that will likely be a wonderfully fast X1 when combined with xDrive and the new X1's lighter weight. It's all guesstimates, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 300 hp F48 xDrive do 0-60mph in close to 5.0 or 5.5 seconds.

Quote:
May be the right time to sample a Macan.
The Macan is pretty sweet, but the price is way above an X1 last I checked. More like a loaded X3 by the time you get some options into the Macan. Different market segment IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #38
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySteelRobot View Post
It's better in some ways. For example the F48 X1 is lighter than E84 X1 due to better powertrain packaging. It also has roughly equivalent interior space even though it's smaller in some dimensions, for the same reason.

For my family the size of the F48 X1 is perfect, since parking in tiny Seattle downtown parking spaces is challenging with my 6er. We need something that can haul a family + stuff around and still find parking and navigate narrow roads too.

BTW, rumor mills have been saying there's a forthcoming lightweight 300 hp version of the new B-series engine. The B-series is the kind BMW is using for the F48 and 2er Active Tourer (and Minis etc). If true -- and if BMW puts it into the X1 -- that will likely be a wonderfully fast X1 when combined with xDrive and the new X1's lighter weight. It's all guesstimates, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 300 hp F48 xDrive do 0-60mph in close to 5.0 or 5.5 seconds.
Packaging and space are valid reasons, but I am not sure they will make such a significant difference as to make up for the handling and speed differences. I had a Countryman before the X1 and sure enough, it was set up for quick turn in response to make it feel more agile. But when you pushed a little, it understeered and the rear end had a strange behavior not in tune with the front. Like it was dragging the rear around, which of course it is since the AWD handling bias is front based.

The X1 by comparison has much better handling even though it's set up with a bit more compliance. The steering has better feel and consistency since its a hydraulic set up, even though in the Mini it felt quicker or sportier.

To me, the Mini platform seemed more gimmicky and the E84 more thoroughly engineered if that makes sense, with more of the fundamentals right.

I am afraid the new platform will be more like the Mini, it has to since they will share many components moving forward. And the lack of a 6 cylinder power plant will not be made up by an over boosted 4. (And yes, now I feel regret at not having gotten the X1 35i with an M sport pack).

Anyway I'm sure it will seem enough like a BMW to fool those new to the brand. I am very curious if it will feel the same to those with a real passion for the brand.

Quote:
The Macan is pretty sweet, but the price is way above an X1 last I checked. More like a loaded X3 by the time you get some options into the Macan. Different market segment IMHO.
There is not a lot of overlap compared to the 4 cyl models, you are right. But an M Sport E84 with decent options gets to $50k, where a Macan S a little lighter on options is $55k. I just built the two to double check.

So since I was hoping for a turbo 6 and M Sport next go around, I'd be a fool not to check out the Macan for just $5k more.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #39
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I'm not sure how you're comparing a loaded X1 to the base price of the Macan. We have an X1 35i and are currently looking at a Macan. The Macan starts $16k higher and doesn't include a few things (like a sunroof) that are standard on the 35i. P options are more expensive too. Like for like it's more like a $25k difference when comparing similar equipment.

As stated, they're a different level of car and priced like it.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 12:23 AM   #40
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
I had a Countryman before the X1 and sure enough, it was set up for quick turn in response to make it feel more agile. But when you pushed a little, it understeered and the rear end had a strange behavior not in tune with the front. Like it was dragging the rear around, which of course it is since the AWD handling bias is front based.
The 2er Active Tourer -- and almost certainly the F48 as well since it's the same drivetrain -- can send up to 100 percent of the torque to the rear wheels as xDrive sees fit. Since BMW is a more upscale brand than the Mini, and since BMW is quite proud of its xDrive torque routing, I'm hoping that the X1 with xDrive will satisfy the discerning drivers out there. Hard to say for sure until we get to drive one in person though.

The newly designed single pinion electric steering assist in the X1 should go a long way toward regaining some of the steering feel lost in previous electric steering BMWs, knock on wood.