BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Trim Options

06-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
oiboy
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: X1 i28 2018

Trim Options

I'm in the process of ordering a 2018 X1 i28 here in Canada.
I'm getting a Mineral White w/ the M Sport Line Package ZCH.

I chose Mocha for my seat color and need suggestions for the Trim
Do I really only have 3 choices or can I choose any trim? I also have the ZCC package.

Also has anyone chosen the sports seat delete? How is the comfort of those for long trips. When we test drove a car my wife who isnt very tall found them a bit uncomfortable.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

Since it's been a while since you posted your questions without any response, I thought I might offer my $.02 (US). Keep in mind that I'm in the US so the options offered in your country can be different. The BMW configuration page that I see here only offers three trims: "Fineline" wood - subtle graining w/glossy finish, Aluminum Hex w/ Pearl Accent and Aluminum Hex w/ matte blue highlight. So the question is: Are you a fan of dark, glossy wood or the semi-matte, bright finish of aluminum? I think the Aluminum Hex with the blue accent would look totally out of place in any other body color other than Estoril Blue. As far as the seat question, (1) I would first ask if the sport seat thigh supports were extended when you and your wife went for the test drive and was the angle of the seat cushion adjusted for each persons comfort? (2) Who will be the primary driver - you or your wife? I also think if you opt to delete the sport seating, you will lose the electric lumbar support adjustment that each sport seat has. One option that you didn't mention was the sliding rear seat adjustment w/remote folding. That's nice for extra passengers and the convenience of putting long or large objects in the cargo area.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 07:43 PM   #3
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin'Dirty View Post
Since it's been a while since you posted your questions without any response, I thought I might offer my $.02 (US). Keep in mind that I'm in the US so the options offered in your country can be different. The BMW configuration page that I see here only offers three trims: "Fineline" wood - subtle graining w/glossy finish, Aluminum Hex w/ Pearl Accent and Aluminum Hex w/ matte blue highlight. So the question is: Are you a fan of dark, glossy wood or the semi-matte, bright finish of aluminum? I think the Aluminum Hex with the blue accent would look totally out of place in any other body color other than Estoril Blue. As far as the seat question, (1) I would first ask if the sport seat thigh supports were extended when you and your wife went for the test drive and was the angle of the seat cushion adjusted for each persons comfort? (2) Who will be the primary driver - you or your wife? I also think if you opt to delete the sport seating, you will lose the electric lumbar support adjustment that each sport seat has. One option that you didn't mention was the sliding rear seat adjustment w/remote folding. That's nice for extra passengers and the convenience of putting long or large objects in the cargo area.
I can't imagine not getting the sport seats. The standard seats remind me of old-school bucket seats from north american cars with no lateral or thigh support.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
oiboy
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: X1 i28 2018

Thanks Guys. We decided to go with the following.
Mineral White Exterior
M Sport Package
Mocha Dakota Leather
brushed Aluminum w Chrome Trim

Kept the sport seats.

Had to do a custom build so will wait 2+ months for delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiboy View Post
Mineral White Exterior
M Sport Package
Mocha Dakota Leather

Kept the sport seats.

Nice choices. The M sport package looks particularly nice in mineral white.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 01:15 AM   #6
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiboy View Post
Mineral White Exterior
M Sport Package
Mocha Dakota Leather

Kept the sport seats.

We have exactly the same colour inside and out. It’s a very classy look for an M Sport, which I’m sure you’ll love

I did initially order the wood, but when I returned to the dealership I put the wood and mocha leather samples together and felt that the tones clashed. It would have had to be black or cream leather to make the wood work.

The trim that I really wanted was the matt oak, this goes really well with mocha but isn’t available on the M Sport
Appreciate 0