BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BMW F48 seat rails

04-10-2024, 08:28 AM   #1
rzorsan
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

BMW F48 seat rails

Good afternoon:

I have replaced my normal cloth seats with leather sport seats in my car, an F48. The fact is that the passenger seat has one of the rails crushed, it must have taken a good hit during transport and it was crushed. It can be anchored well, but it is difficult to move the seat forward or backward.

Since I have the old seats, I would like to know if there is a possibility of removing the rails from the old seat and putting them on the new one. I have been searching for information on the internet and I can't find anything about replacing the rails only (if it is possible and it is not part of the frame), there are many threads that talk about replacing leather parts and mechanisms, but I can't find anything related to replacing the the rails.
If it is possible, is it complicated? I mean if you have to dismantle the seat's own mechanisms that involve springs and things like that.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 10:03 AM   #2
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

I don't know about the BMW but on my Volvo I had to drill four of the mounting points to separate the rails from the seat frame. Have you examined your seat rails? It sounds like you have it available.
Appreciate 1
mrpingu180.50
      04-11-2024, 12:37 AM   #3
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Looks like it’s part of the whole lower Seat carier. And the lower Seat carrier has different part number between sport and non-sport. I cannot comment on the exact physical dimensions so you have to examine that.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=52_4076
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 02:06 AM   #4
rzorsan
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
I don't know about the BMW but on my Volvo I had to drill four of the mounting points to separate the rails from the seat frame. Have you examined your seat rails? It sounds like you have it available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Looks like it’s part of the whole lower Seat carier. And the lower Seat carrier has different part number between sport and non-sport. I cannot comment on the exact physical dimensions so you have to examine that.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=52_4076
Thank you very much for the answers.
Appreciate 0