BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Coding Cheat Sheet

01-18-2019, 05:33 AM   #1
bmwfansam
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 X1, sline

Coding Cheat Sheet

Hi Everyone,
I am looking to make some tweaks to my 2018 X1 F48. Would anyone of you be willing to share a cheat sheet for 2018 X1 F48 to carry out some changes like - Angel Eyes, Ambient Lighiting, Auto START/Stop Memory, Auto Start/Stop in Eco Mode, Comfort Opening, Default Driving Mode, Driving Mode Memory, Fog Lights on with High Beam, Door Handle Lights On when in Reverse, Rear View Camera Zoom, Full Text Message, Animation on start, Front & Back DRL, Ringtone, Sports Display, Date, Digital Speed, Seat Belt Reminder, Close tailgate with remote etc

Appreciate all your help !!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #2
pandauk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Read through the whole bimmercode / esys threads. I did it before my coding and it was an invaluable resource. There are links to cheat sheets there too.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 11:27 PM   #3
bmwfansam
India
Rep

Thanks pandauk.
Would you still have it handy? I found one for F15 X5, not for F48 X1.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #4
pandauk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I didn't save it unfortunately, just made a note and did it and forgot about it. The bimmercode/esys threads in this subforum should have them attached - look the the F56 cheatsheet (it's a mini but pretty much the same coding).
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #5
bmwfansam
India
Rep

Thanks pandauk, appreciate it !!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:21 PM   #6
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfansam View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am looking to make some tweaks to my 2018 X1 F48. Would anyone of you be willing to share a cheat sheet for 2018 X1 F48 to carry out some changes like - Angel Eyes, Ambient Lighiting, Auto START/Stop Memory, Auto Start/Stop in Eco Mode, Comfort Opening, Default Driving Mode, Driving Mode Memory, Fog Lights on with High Beam, Door Handle Lights On when in Reverse, Rear View Camera Zoom, Full Text Message, Animation on start, Front & Back DRL, Ringtone, Sports Display, Date, Digital Speed, Seat Belt Reminder, Close tailgate with remote etc

Hi
You have a long list, I have changed stop start to remember last setting so will check exact location and let you know. With tailgate close, are you sure the key fob does not work (press and hold) to close. Sport display should be available from idrive menu but may not be enabled for your location but would check first. Comfort access, again have you checked key fob, again press and hold open for windows and press and hold close for windows and mirror, thought this was enabled for most markets. Sorry do not wish to appear rude but I had my car for nearly a year before realising you had to press and hold key fob for tailgate close and door comfort modes. I should have persevered with the manual. Best wishes
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #7
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfansam View Post
Hi Everyone,

Hi
I checked some of these for you using bimmercode on my f48 with NBT (this is idrive software version for approx late 2016 to date I think) . Some of the changes you wish to make have already be put in the basic coding section (so expert mode not required) .
In the BDC_01 ecu (body domain controller which I think is an integration of older front and rear modules which show in many YouTube videos). You should be able to make coding changes in basic menu for
- Comfort opening (a number of options are set up)
- Default driving mode - e.g sport comfort or eco - this is default mode when you start you X1
- AUTO stop start function- you can turn off but also allows memory setting - that is it will remember last setting when you stop and restart vehicle - this is better option than switching off imho.
If you want to change your display to show tyre temperatures as well as tyre pressures then go into HU_NBT_EVO 3001 EXBOX in expert mode and under RDC_DRUCK_TEMP you can select druck (pressure) and temp from default druk only.
My favourite change is in the PMA_PDC ECU
under heading PDC DISTANCE SWITCH-OFF you can change distance you have to drive before the annoying parking sensor display disappears . I changed mine from default 50m (about 55 yards) to 10m.
Making coding changes in basic mode using bimmercode is easy. Be careful in expert mode.
Have fun

Last edited by MJE60; 03-02-2019 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 1