X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 2017 headlights

01-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
quaman26
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 Xdrive

2017 headlights

I have the LED with cornering lights on my 2017 X1. Is it normal that only the outside projectors turn on for both low and high beam ? The inner projector only has the angel eyes but nothing in the middle? Is there any option to add something there? I have seen videos where there are lights in those inner projectors although that may be a conversion from halogen to led. Any inputs would be great as I am worried that it only is like that after I messed around with coding. Didn’t check the lights before coding so I am unsure. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
Beemerbuster
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2.5D

I have checked with my dealer and it appears the fitting of bulbs to the inner pair of projectors is a country specific issue. In the uk they are not required, debatable that might be.

My car is fitted with the extended light package which I had assumed meant the inner projectors did function.

Be interested to hear from forum members who in what country have the inner headlights that function?

My current car is the first with LED headlights and to be honest I cannot see what all the fuss is about in "must have the LED" option.
Ok the dip beam is good, nice and flat across the road but the high beam is in my oppinion very dissapointing and not as good as a high quality set off halogens. I think halogens give a longer and deeper range of forward penetration - which maybe be related to the light temperature?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

I agree in the LED have better Dip Beam but the Adaptive Zenons in my e84 were a lot better on main beam. That set up also included headlight washers and Auto Dip facility,both missing from my f48. The cornering lights were a lot better on the e84 than the pathetic little lights on the f48, they light up about 2m in front and side of the car only. On entering a particular motorway the slip road is a 270deg turn ,the e48 would light up the corner prior to driving around it ,no such luck with the LED set up,it just lights a bit of hard shoulder.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #4
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaman26 View Post
I have the LED with cornering lights on my 2017 X1. Is it normal that only the outside projectors turn on for both low and high beam ? The inner projector only has the angel eyes but nothing in the middle? Any inputs would be great as I am worried that it only is like that after I messed around with coding. Didn’t check the lights before coding so I am unsure. Thanks.
Same story here on the east coast with my '17 X1. Ain't nothing to code because there's no bulb, socket, or wiring there. Best we can do is to change the rest of the incandescent bulbs over to LED and code out the warm/cold bulb check with your favorite software or app.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #5
quaman26
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 Xdrive

Thanks for all the advice. Guess I'll start exploring the other bulbs...
Appreciate 0