BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

03-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #8295
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

If I was trying to scare off other guys, I'm walking in grabbing your butt and planting a kiss on you/her
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 01:14 PM   #8296
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Maybe I have this person confused with someone else that you had mentioned previously.
Oh yes. This guy at the bar was somebody else.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59569.50
      03-11-2021, 01:20 PM   #8297
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

When was the last time someone here was so mobbed by girls at a bar, that they had to call in female backup?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 01:23 PM   #8298
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
If I was trying to scare off other guys, I'm walking in grabbing your butt and planting a kiss on you/her
This. It was fine and flirty at first, but then it's like okay, stop the acting, they left. It was too much for me. You're suddenly not as attractive to me anymore as you're not being a gentleman. Know when to stop and try to get to know me for who I am. Saying how sexy I am over and over gets super old. It just confirms to me you’re a fuckboy. Sorry, next.

Last edited by Sara; 03-11-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 3
Tommy-G4478.50
MKSixer34173.50
M5Rick59569.50
      03-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #8299
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
When was the last time someone here was so mobbed by girls at a bar, that they had to call in female backup?
This happens to me like every day.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 01:44 PM   #8300
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
One time in Vegas, wait nevermind....what happened there stayed there
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #8301
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
This. It was fine and flirty at first, but then it's like okay, stop the acting, they left. It was too much for me. You're suddenly not as attractive to me anymore as you're not being a gentleman. Know when to stop and try to get to know me for who I am. Saying how sexy I am over and over gets super old. It just confirms to me you’re a fuckboy. Sorry, next.
Do you come with a user Manuel? My wife is much easier to operate than you
Appreciate 4
Buug95917177.00
King Rudi13154.00
      03-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #8302
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Do you come with a user Manuel? My wife is much easier to operate than you
Be a gentleman. Don’t be a fuckboy. I don’t think I’m too hard to read.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59569.50
      03-11-2021, 02:37 PM   #8303
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
this one is on you, you made a big mistake. you sent a mix message by calling him for help.
NOW he thinks you like him, you thought of him out of the all male friends you have.
SO now he on his macho man trip lol
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15682.00
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      03-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #8304
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
this one is on you, you made a big mistake. you sent a mix message by calling him for help.
NOW he thinks you like him, you thought of him out of the all male friends you have.
SO now he on his macho man trip lol
Hmmmm..., you make a fair point.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34173.50
M5Rick59569.50
      03-11-2021, 03:35 PM   #8305
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

That is EXACTLY how I got married the first time. Girl I knew from HS, at a bar with 2 other females. Surrounded by a group of large men. I walked by, she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the inner circle. "This is my boyfriend"

Then we had a few more drinks, a few dances. The next day I called her and we started dating for reals.
Appreciate 5
Buug95917177.00
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      03-11-2021, 05:47 PM   #8306
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
That is EXACTLY how I got married the first time. Girl I knew from HS, at a bar with 2 other females. Surrounded by a group of large men. I walked by, she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the inner circle. "This is my boyfriend"

Then we had a few more drinks, a few dances. The next day I called her and we started dating for reals.
You called her. I got a text that read come over, I’m cold, I need body heat

Big difference. You are gentleman.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615136.00
MKSixer34173.50
M5Rick59569.50
      03-12-2021, 02:08 AM   #8307
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Would you guys consider sleep requirements as a major difference?

girlfriend LOVES to sleep. to the point where i'm starting to get annoyed by it. I can't do the "fall asleep by midnight and sleep until 9am" thing. Me on the other hand I like to get up early (6am) and I go to bed by 2-3am. I'm starting to get annoyed because it's really curbing me in a few ways.

I wake up early to take care of personal stuff (projects, trading, etc), then I "go to work" by logging onto another laptop. She goes to class and by the time I'm done she's done too. So afterwards we spend time together, run errands, eat dinner, watch something etc, and only after she goes to bed I have some time to myself. Such as now.

I'm sincerely struggling at this point, someone please advise. I'm not tilted by this because of the time I spend with her, but more because I don't get to spend time by myself as much.

And to make matters worse, weekends I go to cars and coffee sort of events. I do it to see cool cars, hang with a few friends, and take pictures of cool cars. I'm damned if I bring her along (don't feel comfortable nerding out with the boys), damned if I don't ("oh you don't want me to come? okay... " ). Obviously I don't want to make her feel like I'm trying to avoid her (I'm not) but I need some time to hang with my friends. We've been dating for 7 months this Sunday so this isn't a one-time thing it's been happening often. I'm just really lost on how to handle this because it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall when all I want to do is have a bit more time to myself. This doesn't have a single effect on our relationship but I seem to consistently fail to deliver that point across. I'm not distancing myself from her, I'm not doing anything else. I just miss being by myself so that I can kill time online in boxers with something playing on Youtube where I don't have to "translate" to another person. I watch car/tech stuff, neither of which she's interested in so the jokes/content rarely come off as funny/interesting to her.

I realize I wrote/ranted a lot which is obviously concerning given I'm asking for advice from a bunch of people I haven't met. But I figured you guys can at least guide me in the right direction. I'm not doubting if I want to stay in this relationship I just need some guidance on how to manage this. The way I see it is if it's this taxing as bf/gf I can't even start to imagine how it'll be when we officially move in together, get engaged etc etc
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      03-12-2021, 04:00 AM   #8308
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

I'm confused. She loves to sleep, and because of this you get a solid 5h per day to yourself...but you need more time to yourself? What am I missing?

That's a bit of a bummer about the weekend stuff. Seems you can't win there. However, I'm betting that if every other weekend you specifically made plans to do something with her, it'd cut you some slack for the weekends where you go and hang out with your friends.
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2021, 05:57 AM   #8309
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Me on the other hand I like to get up early (6am) and I go to bed by 2-3am.
You're only sleeping three hours per night?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 06:40 AM   #8310
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Sounds like you don't want to be in the relationship Pickle. None of what I read struck me as abnormal for a girlfriend. If you want to continue the relationship then compromises are needed on both ends. If no parties are willing to compromise then either you break up or someone ends up miserable. That choice would be up to the both of you.

Side note if you went into the relationship giving her majority of your attention, i.e not spending time with your friends frequently, and are now trying to change things because you need space she might not understand.

Have you tried having the same conversation that you're trying to have with us with her?
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
bucketfoot1063.50
MKSixer34173.50
      03-12-2021, 07:24 AM   #8311
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Would you guys consider sleep requirements as a major difference?

girlfriend LOVES to sleep. to the point where i'm starting to get annoyed by it. I can't do the "fall asleep by midnight and sleep until 9am" thing. Me on the other hand I like to get up early (6am) and I go to bed by 2-3am. I'm starting to get annoyed because it's really curbing me in a few ways.

I wake up early to take care of personal stuff (projects, trading, etc), then I "go to work" by logging onto another laptop. She goes to class and by the time I'm done she's done too. So afterwards we spend time together, run errands, eat dinner, watch something etc, and only after she goes to bed I have some time to myself. Such as now.

I'm sincerely struggling at this point, someone please advise. I'm not tilted by this because of the time I spend with her, but more because I don't get to spend time by myself as much.

And to make matters worse, weekends I go to cars and coffee sort of events. I do it to see cool cars, hang with a few friends, and take pictures of cool cars. I'm damned if I bring her along (don't feel comfortable nerding out with the boys), damned if I don't ("oh you don't want me to come? okay... " ). Obviously I don't want to make her feel like I'm trying to avoid her (I'm not) but I need some time to hang with my friends. We've been dating for 7 months this Sunday so this isn't a one-time thing it's been happening often. I'm just really lost on how to handle this because it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall when all I want to do is have a bit more time to myself. This doesn't have a single effect on our relationship but I seem to consistently fail to deliver that point across. I'm not distancing myself from her, I'm not doing anything else. I just miss being by myself so that I can kill time online in boxers with something playing on Youtube where I don't have to "translate" to another person. I watch car/tech stuff, neither of which she's interested in so the jokes/content rarely come off as funny/interesting to her.

I realize I wrote/ranted a lot which is obviously concerning given I'm asking for advice from a bunch of people I haven't met. But I figured you guys can at least guide me in the right direction. I'm not doubting if I want to stay in this relationship I just need some guidance on how to manage this. The way I see it is if it's this taxing as bf/gf I can't even start to imagine how it'll be when we officially move in together, get engaged etc etc
I have experience in this exact situation. Both ex-wives were crazy sleepers. The second was so bad that she would sleep on the weekends til lunch or later. It got to where I couldn't get things done because she would flip if you interrupted her sleep. Then once she was awake she expected to have my entire attention devoted to her. I actually ended up using my time that she was asleep to get quiet work done or go see friends or work outside that didn't involve loud tools, implements and whatnot.

Relationships come down to communication, respect, compromise and empathy. Communicate with her about what your needs are and what you would like in the terms of expectations. Let her know that you want time with the boys to go do shit without her, but explain it in a way that she doesn't take offense to it. If you want more details or want to discuss further, get in touch with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post

Have you tried having the same conversation that you're trying to have with us with her?
This.....all of it.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      03-12-2021, 08:04 AM   #8312
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

It's weird, when single you want to couple up but after a few years you'd kill for some time alone. Kids magnify that 10 fold.

I'd kill for a week on my own, i never get and peace, ever.

Last edited by Alfisti; 03-12-2021 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
      03-12-2021, 08:12 AM   #8313
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It's weird, when single you want to could up but after a few years you'd kill for some time alone. Kids magnify that 10 fold.

This is why I'm not desperately looking for a relationship - I think I've gotten to the point where I like my ME time too much and I think compromise would be hard.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
      03-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #8314
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

Funny you mention this. I have been with my wife 16yrs, married 14. She can't get off work w/o 30 days notice. If its slow for me, I can take off in a whim. I had some Vacation days to burn up so I took Thur/Fri. Woke up, washed the ride and parked it back in the garage to keep it clean and ended up sitting on the couch all day with the dog instead of going to the beach or out for a nice sunny drive or getting any of the 100 things done I needed to.
I'm so retarded....I complain about needing time off, then 100% waste it
Appreciate 2
Buug95917177.00
      03-12-2021, 11:13 AM   #8315
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

That's not waste if it's one or two days, that is recharging the batteries.
Appreciate 3
      03-12-2021, 11:23 AM   #8316
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
I'm so retarded....I complain about needing time off, then 100% waste it
This is the best way to use your time off, waste it doing nothing and recharge/relax.

How do you guys do it with kids? Taking care of myself is hard enough, I couldn't imagine being responsible for another human and dating at the same time.
Appreciate 0