BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

03-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #8207
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
My name has certainly earned me few friends throughout life.

All jokes aside I wouldn’t know if she had signed up for those sites and could easily be for all I know. I have ZERO social media or online presence outside this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #8208
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Which way did you swipe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Left of course.
We're sorry. That's incorrect. The correct answer is up and down 5 times, left and right 5 times, in circles 5 times....repeat.

The judges would have also accepted really hard and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Hmmm....maybe you were aptly named after all.

Those two are going to go crank some Johnnie Taylor and begin stalking you.
My name has certainly earned me few friends throughout life.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2021, 03:12 PM   #8209
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

All jokes aside I wouldn’t know if she had signed up for those sites and could easily be for all I know. I have ZERO social media or online presence outside this forum.
My real name is Jody. Anyone in the military is very familiar with my name.

Ignorance is bliss. Social media, even if being used in an appropriate way, can still cause the biggest of issues with couples. Honestly, it's best for both parties not have a social media presence or to have a good firm understanding of how each uses their social media. Being in a relationship with someone who isn't a piece of shite helps too.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick58881.00
vreihen1614886.50
      03-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #8210
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Ignorance is bliss. Social media, even if being used in an appropriate way, can still cause the biggest of issues with couples. Honestly, it's best for both parties not have a social media presence or to have a good firm understanding of how each uses their social media. Being in a relationship with someone who isn't a piece of shite helps too.
Completely agreed. I got propositioned more times than I care to count so it was welcomed absence from her perspective I’m sure. I have requested many times she ditch social media but she won’t. Addicted like many others. We do NOT invade each other’s space hence my previous joke, but, she has allowed me access as have I to her in past situations. She doesn’t have my passwords, I don’t hers and we don’t rifle through each other’s things. We’ve built the necessary trust. I believe she is doing the right things. If not, her loss as she would be the lesser by being unfaithful but again, don’t believe that’s the case.
Appreciate 2
      03-01-2021, 07:10 PM   #8211
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Quote:
You stay home and drive the soldier's car?
Cars, is THAT what they call it on the other coast?
      03-01-2021, 08:00 PM   #8212
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Ended it today with the fitness model...

So we have been a bit of an item since August. Started off pretty good (As it always does.) and was great for the first 90 days. There were a few cracks that began to appear just before Thanksgiving which we glossed over because, well...holidays. The chief problem was the incessant whinging about being the only person negative things happen to and the sanctimonious attitude, at times.

To give a quick example...she is a huge supporter of abused and battered women. and on an early trip we saw my client who was taken by her story and said he'd help to fund it and asked me to join and match him with a mid-4 figure sum. I gritted my teeth and said, "ok", but I can't stand people spending my money by capricious decisions but I let it go. Fast forward 6 or 7 weeks and the charity is set up, accounts seeded and all other I's dotted and T's crossed. I remind him about his obligation and he said, "what are the tax implications" to which I responded, "you didn't care about that crap when you were spending my money so cut the check asshole". He put it off for a while and I shared with my then gf the situation and she goes into a tirade worthy of a bi-polar episode. After she calms a bit I explained to her that he is just a tightwad but he will come through. Fast forward a few weeks and he gives me the check. She was here to celebrate VD (And we had a pretty happy one), and I gave her the check from my buddy. She didn't even say thanks and please tell Capricious Asshat thanks for supporting me, as well. I didn't say anything and just went back to my spreadsheet. Dinner is nice, the evening goes well but I'm still a bit out of joint about the check and her lack of graciousness. On the way out of the house for work that morning, I tell her..."I will tell Capricious Asshat you said,'Thanks', to which she responded, 'OK". That happened a the week after VD.

Fast forward to last week and she calls me very upset. Please keep in mind that while she is 40, she is a fitness model and back in school. There were some creeps attacking her pictures and pages to which I respond, "You spend quite a bit of time on social media, why don't you just dial it back a bit, block those who are bothering you and chill?" I may as well have suggested cutting off her head. The whining about the people attacking her page went on until Sunday night and then turned to "Why haven't you updated your status on FB?" Keep in mind I don't use FB that often. I may have 15 posts since 2008 or 2009. I think it's a cesspool. I explained that I live a quietly private life and don't believe in those types of displays as I think they're undignified. That went on for about an hour last night and she said that if I couldn't update my relationship status and post about her we were done.

And so we are.

P.S. The other thing I could no longer stomach is the outright sanctimonious attitude and wishing ill on people she disagreed with. Like hoping they die or they experience extreme misery. That is completely antithetical to my life philosophy. I'm surprised we lasted this long. Oh...I didn't break the rule of breaking up between Thanksgiving and VD.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 03-01-2021 at 08:09 PM..
Appreciate 4
      03-01-2021, 08:09 PM   #8213
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
So we have been a bit of an item since August. Started off pretty good (As it always does.) and was great for the first 90 days. There were a few cracks that began to appear just before Thanksgiving which we glossed over because, well...holidays. The chief problem was the incessant whinging about being the only person negative things happen to and the sanctimonious attitude, at times.

To give a quick example...she is a huge supporter of abused and battered women. and on an early trip we saw my client who was taken by her story and said he'd help to fund it and asked me to join and match him with a mid-4 figure sum. I gritted my teeth and said, "ok", but I can't stand people spending my money by capricious decisions but I let it go. Fast forward 6 or 7 weeks and the charity is set up, accounts seeded and all other I's dotted and T's crossed. I remind him about his obligation and he said, "what are the tax implications" to which I responded, "you didn't care about that crap when you were spending my money so cut the check asshole". He put it off for a while and I shared with my then gf the situation and she goes into a tirade worthy of a bi-polar episode. After she calms a bit I explained to her that he is just a tightwad but he will come through. Fast forward a few weeks and he gives me the check. She was here to celebrate VD (And we had a pretty happy one), and I gave her the check from my buddy. She didn't even say thanks and please tell Capricious Asshat thanks for supporting me, as well. I didn't say anything and just went back to my spreadsheet. Dinner is nice, the evening goes well but I'm still a bit out of joint about the check and her lack of graciousness. On the way out of the house for work that morning, I tell her..."I will tell Capricious Asshat you said,'Thanks', to which she responded, 'OK". That happened a the week after VD.

Fast forward to last week and she calls me very upset. Please keep in mind that while she is 40, she is a fitness model and back in school. There were some creeps attacking her pictures and pages to which I respond, "You spend quite a bit of time on social media, why don't you just dial it back a bit, block those who are bothering you and chill?" I may as well have suggested cutting off her head. The whining about the people attacking her page went on until Sunday night and then turned to "Why haven't you updated your status on FB?" Keep in mind I don't use FB that often. I may have 15 posts since 2008 or 2009. I think it's a cesspool. I explained that I live a quietly private life and don't believe in those types of displays as I think they're undignified. That went on for about an hour last night and she said that if I couldn't update my relationship status and post about here we were done.

And so we are.

P.S. The other thing I could no longer stomach is the outright sanctimonious attitude and wishing ill on people she disagreed with. Like hoping they die or they experience extreme misery. That is completely antithetical to my life philosophy. I'm surprised we lasted this long. Oh...I didn't break the rule of breaking up between Thanksgiving and New Years.
Sorry to hear that. Truly am. This post also helped me connect some dots and I now have a better understanding of what's gone on.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      03-01-2021, 08:13 PM   #8214
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Truly am. This post also helped me connect some dots and I now have a better understanding of what's gone on.
I appreciate that. Thank you.

Please elucidate on the dots which were connected, if you don't mind.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 08:20 PM   #8215
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I appreciate that. Thank you.

Please elucidate on the dots which were connected, if you don't mind.
I was a little surprised at your reaction to my comments on tiger woods. It struck me as a little disproportional and it made me curious as to why. I suspect now that some part of the reaction was amplified by the fact that you were just coming out of a relationship where you saw similarities in the type of comments and it bothered you, and here you saw something that you viewed as similar so it likely bothered you more than it would have in isolation. That's my theory anyways.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      03-01-2021, 09:09 PM   #8216
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

@MKSixer she seems a bit juvenile for her age. Your story about updating Facebook reminds me a tad of King Rudi issue with his girl. From how you write and what you say on here, you seem well articulated and honestly someone who whines about you not updating their status seems a little elementary. Sorry to hear about it ending😞
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907384.50
      03-01-2021, 09:13 PM   #8217
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Fast forward to last week and she calls me very upset. Please keep in mind that while she is 40, she is a fitness model and back in school. There were some creeps attacking her pictures and pages to which I respond, "You spend quite a bit of time on social media, why don't you just dial it back a bit, block those who are bothering you and chill?" I may as well have suggested cutting off her head. The whining about the people attacking her page went on until Sunday night and then turned to "Why haven't you updated your status on FB?" Keep in mind I don't use FB that often. I may have 15 posts since 2008 or 2009. I think it's a cesspool. I explained that I live a quietly private life and don't believe in those types of displays as I think they're undignified. That went on for about an hour last night and she said that if I couldn't update my relationship status and post about her we were done.

And so we are.

P.S. The other thing I could no longer stomach is the outright sanctimonious attitude and wishing ill on people she disagreed with. Like hoping they die or they experience extreme misery. That is completely antithetical to my life philosophy. I'm surprised we lasted this long. Oh...I didn't break the rule of breaking up between Thanksgiving and VD.
Sorry MK.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      03-01-2021, 09:18 PM   #8218
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I was a little surprised at your reaction to my comments on tiger woods. It struck me as a little disproportional and it made me curious as to why. I suspect now that some part of the reaction was amplified by the fact that you were just coming out of a relationship where you saw similarities in the type of comments and it bothered you, and here you saw something that you viewed as similar so it likely bothered you more than it would have in isolation. That's my theory anyways.
I appreciate your comments. Please understand that I believe deliberately wishing harm on anyone but convicted child molesters, rapists and mass murderers is beyond the pale.

Wishing harm on others is dead wrong and indefensible especially when one doesn't know the facts. Though you may think it disproportionate my theory on this has ever been thus.

Life is hard enough without people hoping that harm befalls you.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 6
Dang3r12503.00
Joekerr7926.00
King Rudi13152.00
      03-01-2021, 09:20 PM   #8219
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
@MKSixer she seems a bit juvenile for her age. Your story about updating Facebook reminds me a tad of King Rudi issue with his girl. From how you write and what you say on here, you seem well articulated and honestly someone who whines about you not updating their status seems a little elementary. Sorry to hear about it ending😞
Thank you. I move forward in life and the ending was amicable.

Quote:
Sorry MK.
Thank you, sir.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 09:24 PM   #8220
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

I appreciate your comments. Please understand that I believe deliberately wishing harm on anyone but convicted child molesters, rapists and mass murderers is beyond the pale.

Wishing harm on others is dead wrong and indefensible especially when one doesn't know the facts. Though you may think it disproportionate my theory on this has ever been thus.

Cheers-mk
You know, people who are like this typically are driven by emotions. I would imagine it's often a factor of deeply rooted issues that trigger them and they don't even realize.

Our pastor said these few things last weekend and this post made me think about what he said. Inability to manage our emotions gets us in trouble. Extremes are dangerous. Try to live in the middle. Don't be driven to where everything is how you feel. Our feelings are often unreliable.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
cmyx6go15564.50
King Rudi13152.00
FizzyElf133.00
      03-01-2021, 09:34 PM   #8221
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Quote:
You know, people who are like this typically are driven by emotions. I would imagine it's often a factor of deeply rooted issues that trigger them and they don't even realize.

Our pastor said these few things last weekend and this post made me think about what he said. Inability to manage our emotions gets us in trouble. Extremes are dangerous. Try to live in the middle. Don't be driven to where everything is how you feel. Our feelings are often unreliable.
and to be honest, internet and social media feeds that emotion, exacerbates a simple issue, in most cases. We are no longer in a community, its online, and we need the likes and confirmation.

This is my last forum, and I've seen what admin does here. May be down to my guns and land soon lol

sorry to hear MK.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
cmyx6go15564.50
      03-02-2021, 06:38 AM   #8222
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Sorry to hear this, MK.
King Rudi13152.00
      03-02-2021, 06:41 AM   #8223
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

Perfectly stated.

I was taught by my parents, "If you don't control your emotions you will be subject to the control of others for the rest of your life."
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15564.50
King Rudi13152.00
FizzyElf133.00
      03-02-2021, 06:45 AM   #8224
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
and to be honest, internet and social media feeds that emotion, exacerbates a simple issue, in most cases. We are no longer in a community, its online, and we need the likes and confirmation.

This is my last forum, and I've seen what admin does here. May be down to my guns and land soon lol

sorry to hear MK.
This is what did the most harm. I am a very private person. Everyone knows me where I live so I tend to not make a stir on the internet. The only thing I do that may raise an eyebrow or two is the "spirited driving" with the car club. Other than that, quiet...private...low key.

Thanks for the commiserations.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15564.50
King Rudi13152.00
      03-02-2021, 06:47 AM   #8225
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Sorry to hear this, MK.
Thank-you, milady!!

I spoke to pennsiveguy Sunday evening to let him know it was probably coming and I feel completely relieved that it is done.

This is how I know it was the right thing to do.

Last edited by MKSixer; 03-02-2021 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2021, 07:32 AM   #8226
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Cheers-mk
That's fair - I just have a slightly wider category of people than you. But in each case it is people who have done something illegal that has (or history has provided evidence that they will) cause harm to innocents.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 07:46 AM   #8227
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
That's fair - I just have a slightly wider category of people than you. But in each case it is people who have done something illegal that has (or history has provided evidence that they will) cause harm to innocents.
Fair enough. I believe that the ones I mentioned are brain or spiritual defects that cannot be repaired but through God.

Nearly everything else is bad decisions which need to be heavily sanctioned and rehabilitated.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 08:39 AM   #8228
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Sorry to hear MKSixer
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50