BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) X1 with 21's

04-16-2023, 04:21 PM   #1
thatblackx1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

X1 with 21's

Am I thinking too outside the box with trying to fit 21's on my F48? I work at Discount Tire and a customer had dropped off his tesla wheels which are a 21x8.5 with a 245/35/21 and I rolled them up next to my car and they don't look half bad sizing wise and pairing it with a set of lowering springs, I'm not too worried about ride quality coming from slammed 00's subarus on coilovers.

Otherwise I was just thinking of doing 20x8.5 Front and 20x10 Rears
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 01:09 PM   #2
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Word of advise. Do not lower this car on springs or coil-overs. You will regret it and will have issues with bearings and ride quality. Personally I wouldn't go with anything above 19" because with low profile tires you will have a harsher and noisier ride. Also if you drive it in winter like I do and switch to the 18" wheels with winter tires you will also have issues with the AWD system and the drop. I bought 19" Niche wheels with 245/45's all around and very happy with the ride quality. If you do go with 20's and low profile tires you will be driving on mostly metal. I'm 67 years old and live in Montreal where we have the worst roads. If you travel and hit a pot hole and you're lowered, you will have all sorts of problems. I have owned close to 20 different vehicles since the late 70's and I'm a car guy and own a 2012 Infiniti G37xS coupe (red) and have coils, spacers and a staggered setup and my 2005 Nissan Maxima SE was lowered with Eibach springs and I had to install aftermarket top bearing plates because of this. The Infiniti doesn't have this setup. My G is modified too.
Appreciate 0