BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) BMW X2 Drivetrain Erorr

11-21-2023, 01:02 PM   #1
Willjones88
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

BMW X2 Drivetrain Erorr

This last couple of weeks I’ve had an intermittent drive train error, that has appeared and disappeared on a couple of occasions.

The car is a 2019 BMW x2 xdrive automatic, it’s covered approx 31k miles.

After the car bas been drove for approximately 50 miles on the motorway, and once the car has shifted down to 1st gear this has where the message has appeared. When the car then pulls away the car then fails to shift up through the gears and sticks in 1st gear. High revs no speed. When the car is turned off and then on again, the car goes back to normal.

Has any one else had any issues like this? I’ve booked in with BMw for a diagnosti, will they be able to see any information despite the message clearing?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 12:03 PM   #2
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

Curious what the exact message says, and whether it lights the yellow triangle or red triangle on the instrument.

But either way, if the car popped an error, it will have stored the event and the BMW service can read it. Let us know what they find!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 01:02 PM   #3
Willjones88
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Yellow triangle on the instrument, and the message on the idrive screen literally says
Drivetrain - possible to continue journey, full performance not available, have problem checked by service partner. I’ve got it booked in for a diagnostic on 8th, so will feed back what’s been said. I had to pull over on the motorway last week, to stop the car, to clear the error, so that it would continue as normal for me
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 11:19 AM   #4
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

Strange message! Does the speedometer give any odd readings while this is occurring? It sounds somehow like the car doesn't know how fast it's going, and hesitates to shift. Ambiguous wheel sensor readings can cause this, but they usually trigger other errors.

Are/were you able to shift into a higher gear manually when it sticks in first?
Appreciate 0