BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Connected drive wont connect ?

10-18-2020, 10:37 PM   #1
Nokbmw24
Rep
Drives: X1

Connected drive wont connect ?

Hey guy's , I have a 2019 X1 and the past month Connected Drive , in car , not the mobile app is not connecting , blue tooth and Nav are fine but like the weather app just doesn't come up , if I go into the drive menu all the apps are greyed out but when I click on one they all connect and work till I turn off again , I took it back to the dealer for advice and they checked a few things , then a salesman came over and said he'd seen an email saying they were upgrading the servers but I cant see how that would take a month , my software is up to date so looking for any insight pls.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Trying to help here! Your post does not give sufficient information to help you with your problem. How long have you had the car, have you ever logged into it, and so on and so forth? Let us get back to basics:

Have you created a connected drive account online in your country and then logged into your car?

Here is the best on-line information available to help you:
https://discover.bmw.co.uk/technolog...s/connectivity

How do I activate my BMW ConnectedDrive services?
BMW ConnectedDrive offers an array of services and apps that connect you closely to the world around you. When you take delivery of your new BMW, your ConnectedDrive system will come pre-set with the BMW Emergency Call and TeleServices features automatically activated for you. However, to maximise the connectivity of your BMW, you will need to register your car onto a personal ConnectedDrive account. This will provide access to the full range of services and apps in your BMW, and also allow you to purchase additional features from the ConnectedDrive store. Creating an account is quick, easy and secure. Simply select the ConnectedDrive tile from the main menu. Step-by-step instructions will then guide you through the process. Firstly, select the Activate your ConnectedDrive services now message and you will have the option to download the BMW Connected App. If you don’t already have a ConnectedDrive account, you can register via the simple process on the app or via the ConnectedDrive link on the bmw.co.uk website. If you are already a BMW driver and use the app, you will just need to login and add a new vehicle. Your vehicle chassis number will now be displayed on the menu screen to assist you with your registration. Once you have registered your vehicle on the app, a unique pin number will be sent to the car. To view this, go to the ConnectedDrive menu and select ‘Messages’. Enter this pin into the app or ConnectedDrive portal to complete the process. Once your BMW has been added to your account, refresh the ConnectedDrive system for all services to fully activate. Again select ConnectedDrive from the main menu, and then press the option button on the iDrive controller. Here, you can select to refresh services. Once confirmed, the services you have registered for will automatically begin. If you encounter any problems then please contact your BMW retail centre, who will be happy to support you and offer advice in setting up and using your ConnectedDrive services.

Also:
https://www.bmw.co.uk/content/dam/bm...7674282925.pdf
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium

Last edited by Peter_R; 10-19-2020 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
Nokbmw24
Rep

Hi , thanks for the reply , I bought the car new 7 months ago and it's worked perfectly until recently , as soon as I start the car the weather app usually shows up after a few seconds , Im not talking about the phone app , this is just the idrive screen app's , the dealer checked while I was there and my car is registered and connectable but apps are only connecting occasionally , I thought it might be a problem with the weather servers but search and news etc wont come online either , I'll talk to BMW service today and see if they can reinstall the app software, perhaps that will fix it :/ .
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 08:44 PM   #4
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokbmw24 View Post
Hi , thanks for the reply , I bought the car new 7 months ago and it's worked perfectly until recently , as soon as I start the car the weather app usually shows up after a few seconds , Im not talking about the phone app , this is just the idrive screen app's , the dealer checked while I was there and my car is registered and connectable but apps are only connecting occasionally , I thought it might be a problem with the weather servers but search and news etc wont come online either , I'll talk to BMW service today and see if they can reinstall the app software, perhaps that will fix it :/ .
As I'm also in Australia, I should report that it's working fine on my 2016 X1 25i. But it is rather slow — mine runs on the 3G network and I'm not sure if that has changed with more recent builds.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:10 AM   #5
Nokbmw24
Rep

Thanks for that , I've booked in with BMW on Thursday , they said they might reinstall the app software and see if that works it out , I'll post back
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 12:29 AM   #6
Nokbmw24
Rep

Update , they kept it for the day , said all the software was "out of wack" , reinstalled everything with updated software and seems to be fixed
Appreciate 1
ttimbo280.00