BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Standard tyres

04-23-2018, 02:08 PM   #23
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

I went for the Pirelli P-Zeros in the end, just two of them for now though. Going to try and eke out a few more miles on the remaining pair of Bridgestones...

They put the new ones on the front, and moved the old Bridgestones to the rear axle. The good thing is at least I know now that the TPMS doesn't care if the wheels get moved from front to back or vice-versa, so I might pay more attention to rotation in the future when I replace the remaining tyres

Can't really comment on the noise levels with just the two new tyres; it's certainly no worse and might be a little quieter than before. The "official" noise levels for the Bridgestones is 71dB, and the Pirellis are 67dB.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #24
Edtheted
Edtheted
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 1.8 sDrive xLine auto

Garage List
Sadly Michelin don't make a non rf 225/50/18 Xclimate and don't anticipate making them but they have told me that they are about to launch a dedicated tyre for the f48.
This is the letters I received from my enquires to them this week:

Regarding to query about MICHELIN tyres for BMW X1.

Unfortunately at the moment we don't have tyre for your BMW.
However we are launching MICHELIN Primacy 4 which is homologated for BMW. The manufacture starts at July and it takes few months till the tyre is available. It provides more comfort for every day driving compared to MICHELIN Pilot Sport which is sportier tyre.

—————————————

Difference between MICHELIN Primacy 4 and MICHELIN Primacy 4 * is BMW marking. Special marked tyres are designed with the car make.
Homologation refers to the technical authorization of a tyre for a certain car model of car. The whole authorization process is very strictly controlled by the car manufacturers, and around 60 individual checks come into consideration. Every authorization signifies a confirmation of quality for the tyre manufacturer. In Germany, where the manufacturers are particularly demanding, Michelin are authorized for all manufacturers for almost every profile.

Because you have very special car with sDrive technology we only recommend to mount homologated tyres to compliment your cars performance and to sure your safety.
      06-13-2019, 02:23 AM   #25
Karabas
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 2.0i M-Sport

Mine came with Dunlop SPT MAXX RT MFS 92W 225/45R19 (RFT) M-sport,good cornering.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #26
Edtheted
Edtheted
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 1.8 sDrive xLine auto

Garage List
Michelin

Has anyone tried Michelin's latest Primacy* part No. 139553 just been launched July in the UK, they tell me it a dedicated tyre for the X1 passed by BMW hence the * mark?
      10-16-2020, 02:46 PM   #27
kvndng
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw x1

My 2017 came with the optional 225/45/19 set up and summer rubber but I've been looking into all season options and it looks like there are only 2 options in terms of A/S run flat

Does anyone have experience between the pirelli centurato or the continental procontact tx ssr? Which do you prefer and why,

TIA
Appreciate 0