BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Introducing the Updated 2020 BMW X1 LCI

10-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #133
pandauk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I find it surprisingly good. Only times it sometimes gets it wrong is when on/off slip roads, or when it hasn't seen a sign and assumes the limit. But coupling that with Waze means you can always cross-reference if in doubt.

I barely look at my instrument panel anymore. It's fantastic
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 02:05 PM   #134
bmwexperience
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2020

Very nice looking crossover. Think im buying it
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 03:39 AM   #135
RMP1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 S Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
I notice from the BMW UK Configurator that, for the 'new' 2019 X1, the sliding rear bench seat has become a Ģ350 option, certainly on versions up to and including the xLine, but I didn't look at the M Sport config. So that, to me, is an unfortunate price hike if/when I decide to update my car. As a golfer (of sorts - mostly out of sorts!) the sliding bench is invaluable when trying to get golf bag, electric trolley and personal kit into the luggage compartment. It's one of those seemingly minor things that just makes you think at decision time for a new car.

How do you find getting everything in with the sliding bench? I'm currently on an Audi A4 looking to go back to BMW and the X1 is my preferred choice but as an avid golfer the boot size is my first priority (sad I know). Going to nip down tot he showroom this weekend to have a look for myself but was hoping for someone with real life experience to advise! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 04:24 PM   #136
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP1 View Post
How do you find getting everything in with the sliding bench? I'm currently on an Audi A4 looking to go back to BMW and the X1 is my preferred choice but as an avid golfer the boot size is my first priority (sad I know). Going to nip down tot he showroom this weekend to have a look for myself but was hoping for someone with real life experience to advise! Thanks
Hi there.
I have a Motocaddy M1 Pro trolley, which folds down very well. I find, with the sliding rear seat that I only need to move the rear, drivers side (UK) seat forward one notch. I can get my golf bag in first, slightly diagonally, then I put in my driver and umbrella, which I do have to take out of the bag. Next is the trolley, which has the front wheel resting on the bag, and there's room for a hold-all in which I keep a shoes/change of clothes etc. I did have a couple of A4 Avants in the past and the X1 is at least comparable luggage wise because the A4 luggage area was shallower, although a decent length. So hope that helps. I may be able to post a photo, if it helps. Happy golfing - my local course is quite heavy going after recent rains and too many leaves coming down, despite valiant efforts of the green keeping staff. There are two of us with recent X1s and another member has ordered one as a swap for his 2 Series Active Tourer.

Last edited by oakey46; 10-31-2019 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:57 PM   #137
jackosports
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toyota Matrix

New exterior, loving it
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 04:13 AM   #138
RMP1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 S Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
Hi there.
I have a Motocaddy M1 Pro trolley, which folds down very well. I find, with the sliding rear seat that I only need to move the rear, drivers side (UK) seat forward one notch. I can get my golf bag in first, slightly diagonally, then I put in my driver and umbrella, which I do have to take out of the bag. Next is the trolley, which has the front wheel resting on the bag, and there's room for a hold-all in which I keep a shoes/change of clothes etc. I did have a couple of A4 Avants in the past and the X1 is at least comparable luggage wise because the A4 luggage area was shallower, although a decent length. So hope that helps. I may be able to post a photo, if it helps. Happy golfing - my local course is quite heavy going after recent rains and too many leaves com down, despite valiant efforts of the green keeping staff. There are two of us with recent X1s and another member has ordered one as a swap for his 2 Series Active Tourer.

Thanks for the info, very useful. Can you get the bag in diagonally with the driver in if you slide it all the way forward?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 07:54 PM   #139
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Same, small, cramped, without legs support, non luxury seats...

Screw that BMW. The previous generation was way better in terms of interior and seats. (Not to mention the sedan like seating position...)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 03:24 AM   #140
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post

Screw that BMW. The previous generation was way better in terms of interior and seats. (Not to mention the sedan like seating position...)
It's definitely not small and cramped. Especially compared to the previous generation, its more spacious in any way.
And if you are buying an SUV for a sedan-like seating position, than there is something wrong with you as a customer, not the car itself.
Appreciate 2
iceman7117.00
Peter_R255.50
      12-02-2019, 07:28 AM   #141
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

Quote:

Compared to most of the cars we have in the little old Uk, the X1 is almost cavernous.
      12-02-2019, 03:52 PM   #142
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
It's definitely not small and cramped. Especially compared to the previous generation, its more spacious in any way.
And if you are buying an SUV for a sedan-like seating position, than there is something wrong with you as a customer, not the car itself.
I have both in my garage. My personal E84 X1 and my work F48 X1. The E84 rules over the new one in so many aspects, including seats and materials. It was a 3 Series in disguise. Just look at that sunroof cloth over sun reflective screen before, the material they use on that headliner versus the past, the lack of under C-Pillar (door entry) cushion, length of seat bottom and so on... The seats in the E84 are larger and offer a good leg support on long trips; not the case on the F48. I know them very very well. Did I mention that the E84 had over 20 more HP ?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 04:56 PM   #143
adi555
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
I have both in my garage. My personal E84 X1 and my work F48 X1. The E84 rules over the new one in so many aspects, including seats and materials. It was a 3 Series in disguise. Just look at that sunroof cloth over sun reflective screen before, the material they use on that headliner versus the past, the lack of under C-Pillar (door entry) cushion, length of seat bottom and so on... The seats in the E84 are larger and offer a good leg support on long trips; not the case on the F48. I know them very very well. Did I mention that the E84 had over 20 more HP ?
Since you have both, would it be possible for you to do a side by side photo comparison on the pointers above? It would help us understand better
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 04:32 AM   #144
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

Quote:
It was a 3 Series in disguise.
I agree, but then again if I wanted a 3-series, I would buy a 3-series, not an X1.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 07:15 AM   #145
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

Just ordered one in Sunset Orange, darkened windows, black alloys, black grill, black chrome tail pipes and shadow line trim where ever possible :-)
      04-26-2020, 10:46 AM   #146
charliii
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25d

Hello everybody. I have just arrived at the Forum, nice to meet you all.
I am driving a F48 LCI since october 2019 and I am very happy with it. Itīs a xdrive 25d with more than 31000 kms at the moment.
It seems like a GTI to me...
Appreciate 1
iceman7117.00
      04-29-2020, 01:50 PM   #147
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfedele22 View Post
Anddddddddd still no Blind Spot Monitoring. You're telling me they couldn't add two little radars and a computer module into this? You can buy a DIY kit on Amazon...
Canadian and European versions had this already back in 2018.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 03:18 AM   #148
babayimben
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48, Mazda MX-5 ND

Well, still no keyless entry, some techologies make life easier but generally BMW uses them pretty damn late
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 06:28 PM   #149
paulcu
Rep

Quite an improvement

Quite an improvement on an already attractive product
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 11:47 AM   #150
OmanX1
Oman
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2018

Amazing 😍
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 08:25 AM   #151
ROBOCHOP
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I'm on to my 3rd X1, I started with the E84 and now have my 2nd F48. I would agree as a slightly larger individual that the standard seats in the E84 were better as the cushions in the F48 are slightly too short, so your legs aren't always getting enough support, the other complaint would be the increase in road noise, and I've had both the Pirelli and Bridgestone tyres with one being only slightly quieter than the other.

Other than that I have zero complaints, especially since moving from a 18i to a 20d. What is much better in the F48 version, is the rear leg room and an almost flat floor, although I guess that was at the expense of rear wheel drive in the S-Drive variants. I also like the inclusion of the cargo nets and roof mounts as it's a nice way to separate the cabin when I have the dog in the back.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 06:30 AM   #152
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOCHOP View Post
I'm on to my 3rd X1, I started with the E84 and now have my 2nd F48. I would agree as a slightly larger individual that the standard seats in the E84 were better as the cushions in the F48 are slightly too short, so your legs aren't always getting enough support, the other complaint would be the increase in road noise, and I've had both the Pirelli and Bridgestone tyres with one being only slightly quieter than the other.

Other than that I have zero complaints, especially since moving from a 18i to a 20d. What is much better in the F48 version, is the rear leg room and an almost flat floor, although I guess that was at the expense of rear wheel drive in the S-Drive variants. I also like the inclusion of the cargo nets and roof mounts as it's a nice way to separate the cabin when I have the dog in the back.
The idea behind that F series was space. However, seats are smaller and perception plays a role too. The floor is indeed different as also the sitting position is different.
The E84 can have nets as well.
The E84 stays with me as I love it very much and it has already a sentimental value for me. Plus looks like new anyway and is barely used for its age.
Enjoy your car!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #153
ROBOCHOP
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
The idea behind that F series was space. However, seats are smaller and perception plays a role too. The floor is indeed different as also the sitting position is different.
The E84 can have nets as well.
The E84 stays with me as I love it very much and it has already a sentimental value for me. Plus looks like new anyway and is barely used for its age.
Enjoy your car!
Thanks, you too
Appreciate 0