E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Insanely unreliable 328xi...to sell or keep?

10-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #67
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG View Post
...this is maybe the reason why you have so many problems, you got yourself the wrong model. If you want a track car you want an M. Only the M's are designed to withstand the stress and G forces on the track.
My family has been leasing/ owning various BMW over the years We have currently 3 BMW's: 328, 335 and a 535. None of these or previous models had any of the problems you have depicted. Our BMW's have been invariably trouble free. I traded in my relatively new e90 330i for a full options E90 335 in 2007 that I leased due to turbo reliability concerns. I tortured that car for two years on the very bad roads here in MA ...at one point I remember being caught in a snow storm for 10 h, engine running....at the end the car had zero issues, no HPFP issues... nada. It was virtually bullet proof. When the leased has expired in 2009 I was so impressed I bought my current E92 335...same story, zero issues. Actually I had to replace the parcel shelf plastic grill. That's it.
For any guy like you that complains there are 50 or more BMW owners that you don't know about with reliable cars.
I really wish people would read before randomly responding, it's not about my car. I don't even have a 328. In fact, even the post you quoted doesn't make sense given your response - I explicitly stated I have zero problems with my car which I track heavily.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 12:16 AM   #68
bernard54321
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328I E90

Garage List
2006 Bmw 330i  [0.00]
2009 328I E90  [0.00]
Sorry just wanted to chime in, i know everybody has a personal experience of their own, but my 328 is perfectly reliable, 2009 328 90k on the dash, oem waterpump, thermostat, battery, vcg, ofh, opg lol all original...

Now im a tech, so i know the common problems on these cars, i just knock on wood that mine is still good...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #69
RMG
RMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I really wish people would read before randomly responding, it's not about my car. I don't even have a 328. In fact, even the post you quoted doesn't make sense given your response - I explicitly stated I have zero problems with my car which I track heavily.
...I really wish you would read before posting. Yes, your're indeed going in circles blaming BMW here then saying something contradictory in the next sentence but w/o being clear enough:
Quote:
I just don't think there is really an excuse for a BMW to have this many issues. Obviously, the majority of 328xi's don't as I see tens of them every day.

Based on what you have been saying the impression you left was pretty obvious .... why would someone who has "zero problems" with his (presumably) BMW would say ... this?
Quote:
Seems like poor engineering to me.
Quote:
It is not "normal" for a car to lose fuel, power steering, and water pumps.
...your BMW doesn't use any of the above components btw? You drive a 5, 6, 7 series or an M???...in this case you're on a wrong forum/ section.... Statements like the following are normally reserved for someone who speaks from experience:
Quote:
But shitty gaskets and pumps on a $50k car? Please.

Last edited by RMG; 10-19-2014 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0