F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > 320d GT Daytime Running Lights
GetBMWParts

10-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #23
robwoods
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d Gran Tourer Auto

Go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
It would appear from reading other threads that there are a multitude of options/features that can be coded using an appropriate cale and software.

I am not a geek so won't go down the road of buying cable and software.

Which is why I am appealing to those out there who are in the know to point me in the direction of someone who possesses the knowledge hardware & software to re program my car
Stop it now, nobody knows and you are rude. Maybe you'd be better on another forum? I don't give a turtles testicle regarding your opinion on our opinion, and I would wager no-one else does either.

Your assertion that you MUST have the DRL's turned off seems baseless and if it's illegal then you can't have them turned off. So leave them on. Unless maybe you don't fancy having registration plates or insurance either? Perhaps you are above the law?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #24
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwoods View Post
Stop it now, nobody knows and you are rude. Maybe you'd be better on another forum? I don't give a turtles testicle regarding your opinion on our opinion, and I would wager no-one else does either.

Your assertion that you MUST have the DRL's turned off seems baseless and if it's illegal then you can't have them turned off. So leave them on. Unless maybe you don't fancy having registration plates or insurance either? Perhaps you are above the law?
A perfect response
      12-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #25
Zebban
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F34 320d PPK

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwoods View Post

WORD!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #26
KneeDragr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Planning 2015 ED :)

He might actually have a good reason like he wakes up his newborn when he leaves in the morning with the lights or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #27
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDragr View Post
He might actually have a good reason like he wakes up his newborn when he leaves in the morning with the lights or something like that.
Only if he has the stupid looking halogens. The halos in the Xenons ain't waking nobody up.

Seriously though, if you NEED to have the DRLs turned off, you're doing something not right (cheating on your wife, doing stakeouts, etc). If being seen is such an issue, then you need to take a look at your life.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #28
Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Why wouldn't you want them on?

I gotta admit at first I disliked the idea of mandatory DRL's as I first thought it would detract from motorcyclists whom have had lights on in the day for years... But it's a safety thing. I see so many people with lights off on dull light without a clue that they are near invisible at a glance.

Genuinely interested as to why someone is adamant they don't want them...?
Appreciate 0