BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Watches Picked up a new watch this week.

07-12-2016, 10:25 AM   #1
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Picked up a new watch this week.

Was browsing around European Watch Company's website this week (an excellent store for anyone looking for a high end watch) when I came across this gem.
It is a Zenith El Primero 36,000 VpH (42mm version).

Long story short I negotiated a great deal on this watch and traded in my Tudor Black Shield (see below) as I have barely worn it since I bought it last July.

Overall I've purchased 3 watches from European Watch Company in the last year (Tudor Black Shield, Rolex 50th Anniversary Sub, and Zenith El Primero 36,000 VpH) and I highly recommend them. Tony (the person I always deal with) knows more about watches then anyone I have ever met and is more than just a salesman. You can tell he is a true watch enthusiast and truly wants to find you the perfect watch to fit your lifestyle/budget.

Anyway, just thought I would share my new watch and my experience at EWC.

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 1
Carb0n M103.50
      07-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

that new el primero is very cool.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Zenith's movement probably the best in the world in its class
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
that new el primero is very cool.
I agree. A lot of people don't like the fact that the sub dials overlap but I think it looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Zenith's movement probably the best in the world in its class
I've heard that the only chronograph movement that tops the movement in the El Primero is the movement in the Breguet XXII which beats at 72,000VpH. Although I've been told that this movement still needs some work because it hasnt been super reliable but outside of the XXII the El Primero probably does have the best chrono movement.

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Very nice looking watch, I love the dials. Do you mind saying how much you got on trade in for the Tudor?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #6
porshah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, R8, Huracan - All topdown

Garage List
Great watch! Congrats. Enjoy it in good health.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
Very nice looking watch, I love the dials. Do you mind saying how much you got on trade in for the Tudor?
I bought it last year from EWC for $2800 I believe but at the time it was still in warranty and I think the warranty is almost up now. Anyway, I got $2300 on trade in for it.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #8
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
I bought it last year from EWC for $2800 I believe but at the time it was still in warranty and I think the warranty is almost up now. Anyway, I got $2300 on trade in for it.
Daaang! That's a good price. I just went to their website and looked at some of their inventory, is this something that you do online? Or do you physically go in store and do the trade? Are there other websites like this that are reputable?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #9
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
Daaang! That's a good price. I just went to their website and looked at some of their inventory, is this something that you do online? Or do you physically go in store and do the trade? Are there other websites like this that are reputable?
So I actually live about 4 blocks from their store so I go in there a pretty good amount just to talk to Tony and see some of the new watches they got in but I know that you can do everything online/over the phone also although it would just take longer for the deal to get done because you would have to ship them the watch you want to sell/trade first so they can give you a price. besides Jomashop idk of any other sites but i'm sure their are some.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 01:33 PM   #10
Bkborn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW BMW M3

Nice watch. Zenith watches are always a great buy. Too bad I traded mines in for a Rolex but, I'm still a Zenith Fan.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #11
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkborn View Post
Nice watch. Zenith watches are always a great buy. Too bad I traded mines in for a Rolex but, I'm still a Zenith Fan.
Yeah they are probably the best high end watch to buy second hand in terms of price which is great for consumers but terrible for the Company

Appreciate 0