Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

08-12-2022, 07:48 PM   #1
MegaC
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 f48

Arnold Clark Glasgow giffnock BMW - watch out - UK

Hi All,

Just would like to warn anyone ever thinking of buying a car from this dealership in Glasgow, Scotland.

I've never owned a BMW before and this has left me with a very sour taste.

I've put a very large sizeable sum of money (not the full amount for the car but a good 60%) into the bank account of Arnold Clark for a used 2018 BMW X1.
Only to check out the car on the day it was shipped down south to collect at Arnold Clark's click and collect site (lingfield), where I have found the car to be in very bad condition to what is apparently a BMW approved used car. There were many points to what I consider the car to be in bad condition, but these were the top 3:
The passenger side front door has been repaired to a very low standard. I noticed a dried paint drip/runon the edge of the door, and there's a slightly noticeable dent in the door itself.
There's a huge scratch on the driver's side rear door going all the way to the front door.
All the way down the edge of the driver's side door there is paint missing, it's been scrapped off.

They have admitted that this was not pointed out to me before and that I will be due a full refund. But only once I receive the v5 registration document. Which I am worried will take weeks and I am hugely out of pocket.
Now I have no idea why they would register the car to me when I still needed to pay off the remaining balance.

I feel like I have been taken for a fool and will be arguing with them as it's not my fault that they have not been honest. And I put my trust in them to deliver a car that is in reasonably good condition.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mani5913467.50
      09-17-2022, 04:26 AM   #2
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Why don’t you get the BMW back to the dealership that sold it to you and get your money back.there is no legislation in Scotland in regards to customer protection?
Also, this was (admitted) lie in the sale process, and you should be protected against it by the law. Give a call to a local lawer and check out your possibilities.
I will definetely refuse the car.

Do you have an acknowledged document where you signed at the delivery?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 05:55 AM   #3
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Hope you got this sorted.

You should normally get the new V5 in about 5 working days or so but I do agree that it is pretty poor of them wanting the V5 back first before initiating a refund.

Do not be put off buying a BMW AUC car - some retailers are hit and miss.

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 03:36 PM   #4
MegaC
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 f48

I never took the car off their hands as I refused it on site at the collection point, but they still held my money.

I've managed to get my money back. It took 4 weeks for the v5 to turn up. I ended getting the bulk of it back earlier. But they withheld 1k until the v5 turned up.
I am lucky I'm in a position to be able to afford to wait it out.

I won't be turning to a BMW dealership anytime soon.
Appreciate 0