BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Bad Delivery Experience What was missed?

08-11-2022, 08:50 PM   #1
rix5m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5MC

Angry Bad Delivery Experience What was missed?

TLDR: What should of been done at the dealer on a new vehicle before a customer gets it??!!!

Ordered a 2022 X5MC through a lease broker in early July, it was a build so it got assigned to a dealership 6 hours from me that had a build slot avail.

Car arrives at the dealership 2 Saturdays ago. Due to notary issues it took a week to get me the paperwork to sign.

Finally got the ok on this past Monday that they received the paperwork and $$$$ and the car was released for pickup.

I paid for a transport company to pick up the vehicle from the dealership and delivered to me in an enclosed trailer. Transport company was super quick and picked up the vehicle that same day and delivered it the next morning to me.

I meet the transport person he takes the car out of the enclosed trailer and I immediately notice the car had not been detailed (inside or out). There was residue from the travel wrap on the car and I even noticed a small scratch on the front bumper (possibly from someone removing the travel wrap at the dealership).

I brought this up to the salesperson (who was on vacation at the time) and he blamed the transport company for not filling out a form before they picked it up so they couldn't get it ready. (They had the car for an entire week)

The sales person offered me $50 to get the residue on the car cleaned up, when the car needed a full detailing. (I'm not going to name/shame the dealer although I may if they don't actually reach out to me to try to resolve the issue)

They hadn't even unwrapped the seats or put floor mats in or installed the license plate holder/put plates on the car.

My question here is. What should of been done by the dealer before I got the car? I would of expected at least a full detail or wash/vacuum of the car. Is there anything else that would of been done? A basic inspection etc? I even had to go through and setup what type of tires were on the car for the TPMS calibration.

I did leave a shitty review for the dealer due to the issues getting the paperwork and for the car not being detailed. (still have not heard back from the dealer/sales person to make things right)

Any suggestions? Should I take it to a local dealer to have them do a proper once over on the vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 08:58 PM   #2
chefwong
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

I'm the opposite. I want no dealer prep. Sales advisor is told this before. No wash, leave all film on, etc

The less they touch, the less wash/drying/handeling marring occurs.
New Car prep of any *detail* is done by a professional auto detailer. Not the dealership.

You have a 4 year warranty...if something is amiss. If u wanted the hands on approach with certain details, better should have done a local deal
Appreciate 5
M4Tejas728.00
XMetal1096.50
S1nner118.00
      08-11-2022, 09:01 PM   #3
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I'm with chefwong here. Although my local dealership is actually quite meticulous, I'd want my new vehicle delivered like it came off the truck with zero dealer prep.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:07 PM   #4
rix5m
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
I'm the opposite. I want no dealer prep. Sales advisor is told this before. No wash, leave all film on, etc

The less they touch, the less wash/drying/handeling marring occurs.
New Car prep of any *detail* is done by a professional auto detailer. Not the dealership.

You have a 4 year warranty...if something is amiss. If u wanted the hands on approach with certain details, better should have done a local deal
If leaving on the film was an option I would of done that instead of how it came.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:08 PM   #5
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

can you describe more about the scratch on the bumper? it is very bad or can it be polished out ?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:46 PM   #6
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rix5m View Post
Not a great pic
I confirm this.
Appreciate 3
P111541.50
BeEmVe257.50
      08-11-2022, 10:00 PM   #7
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I guess if it was me, I would have gone to the dealership and drove the X5 home. That way you could inspect it and get anything fixed if needed before you took possession.
Appreciate 2
      08-11-2022, 10:01 PM   #8
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
I'm with chefwong here. Although my local dealership is actually quite meticulous, I'd want my new vehicle delivered like it came off the truck with zero dealer prep.
With the spring spacers still installed?
      08-12-2022, 06:55 AM   #9
rix5m
Private First Class
Rep

After a deeper look this morning I think the bumper marks are just left over residue from the protective film. I need to run out and get some supplies to do a quick clean on it today since it is filthy.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:13 AM   #10
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
That's what you get for using a broker. It doesn't look like you had any relationship with the actual dealership who owned the car so your beef should go to the guy who took your money to get you the lowest price possible. If you look for the lowest price possible, you usually get what you pay for.

Generally the protective film adhesive residue is easily removed with a mild wax acting as the solvent. Doesn't need anything harsh or abrasive. I know this because I meticulously go over every car I deliver to every customer.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:19 AM   #11
rix5m
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
That's what you get for using a broker. It doesn't look like you had any relationship with the actual dealership who owned the car so your beef should go to the guy who took your money to get you the lowest price possible. If you look for the lowest price possible, you usually get what you pay for.

Generally the protective film adhesive residue is easily removed with a mild wax acting as the solvent. Doesn't need anything harsh or abrasive. I know this because I meticulously go over every car I deliver to every customer.
Funny enough I used a broker that was mentioned on these forums and was highly suggested. It's not like they saved me thousands of dollars off of sticker. I ended up paying sticker (and not 5-10k markup my local dealer wanted to charge me)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:48 AM   #12
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Had a friend get his G80 with them still installed, that was after the pdi and detail from the dealer.

Always room for fuck ups
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:55 AM   #13
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Get that done afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 08:01 AM   #14
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post

This is harsh but I kind of agree. Folks get so hung up on saving money that they overlook other value-adds. In the car business, it's all about establishing relationships, otherwise eventually you will be screwed over with little recourse. Price vs. value.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 10:43 AM   #15
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rix5m View Post
After a deeper look this morning I think the bumper marks are just left over residue from the protective film. I need to run out and get some supplies to do a quick clean on it today since it is filthy.

Clean very gently.

Don't rub down with pressure.

Let the product do the work.

Use new high quality microfiber towels, they aren't always easy to source locally.
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3287.00