BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board My fellow Floridians

10-03-2022, 04:05 PM   #111
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

I suspect the hospital evacuated patients to other hospitals given the power and water situation in that area. Having been down this path after Katrina, these folks have a long road ahead with plenty to deal with. It's a good call by the hospital to let the employees take some time to process the situation and begin the recovery/repair process...
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410968.00
rebekahb3131.50
      10-06-2022, 03:25 PM   #112
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Not having had cable or internet at home since the storm I dont really know what it being reported but one of the employs that works for our company at a different location is a volunteer EMT. He has been helping out whenever he can. He came across a story so chilling its ice cold:

A man and woman were trying to flee the storm apparently late in the process. They became separated and could not reach each other. The husband looked for his wife for 3 days everywhere he could and their agreed upon safe meeting locations.
Fearing the worst that she got swept up in the storm surge or perished in the mayhem, he committed suicide.
His wife was found the following day alive and well and looking for her husband.

Soo terrible
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 03:53 PM   #113
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
things dry yet? Everyone's power back? Gators and snakes safely secured??? Mullets ok?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #114
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Not having had cable or internet at home since the storm I dont really know what it being reported but one of the employs that works for our company at a different location is a volunteer EMT. He has been helping out whenever he can. He came across a story so chilling its ice cold:

A man and woman were trying to flee the storm apparently late in the process. They became separated and could not reach each other. The husband looked for his wife for 3 days everywhere he could and their agreed upon safe meeting locations.
Fearing the worst that she got swept up in the storm surge or perished in the mayhem, he committed suicide.
His wife was found the following day alive and well and looking for her husband.

Soo terrible
Under the pressure, people make rash, terrible decisions. There were many suicides after Katrina. My boys pediatrician hunt himself a week after the storm…
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 10:11 AM   #115
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Under the pressure, people make rash, terrible decisions. There were many suicides after Katrina. My boys pediatrician hunt himself a week after the storm…
I seem to remember hearing about that. I'm sure it can be quite over whelming
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2022, 11:56 PM   #116
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
I live in Fort Myers, but have been working in Massachusetts since the storm hit. Luckily all my family back in Fort Myers were ok. Even some family that stayed on Sanibel made it out without any injury.

Back at my dads apartment where my 5 series currently is, it flooded. No damage to the apartment thankfully. The car ended up with some damage to the rear from flying debris, and had some water on the floor of the back seat. So far all is good and it dried out and drives fine. Waiting for insurance to go through it and determine what all needs repair besides some paint damage. Hoping the water didn't reach anything critical. I will go through it myself once I get back in town again too.

This photo was as the flood water was rising. The car was moved to higher ground right after the photo was taken. The water rose insanely fast and I could hear the fear in my dads voice when he noticed the water rising in the streets and when he ran out to move his car and my car over the curb and onto higher ground.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0