BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Which modern sports car will offer best return on investment?

12-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #89
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Thanks Flacht3. For the $4500/mo rental in the example above, what is the typical selling price for that house? What would the annual property taxes be for that example?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #90
Z06Driver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E92, MG F32 440i

OP how old are you....serious question btw. I'd like to know before I impart some advice to you about building home equity.
BTW I am on the R8 forum too where you asked for similar advice.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 05:57 AM   #91
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Driver View Post
OP how old are you....serious question btw. I'd like to know before I impart some advice to you about building home equity.
BTW I am on the R8 forum too where you asked for similar advice.
47 going on 80
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #92
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Okay so we agree that cars are not an investment in the accounting sense. But could we agree there are worse bad investments than others? If its fun to drive and depreciates less than another make isn't that a reasonable consideration? Buying purely on emotion is great for the uber rich which IMO when you get into R8/911 money they are the only ones who can care absolutely 0 about depreciation anyway. If you were forced to buy a stock that was only going to lose value wouldn't you try to pick the stock that would lose the least??

I drive my 991 year round even in the winter so I know a thing or two about enjoying what you have instead of garage queening it to preserve value but I do take comfort in knowing its not going to depreciate to 0 anytime soon.
Appreciate 2
baege1320.50
Humdizzle6024.00
      01-01-2020, 05:23 PM   #93
scoobysaurus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Gen V Viper is end goal for me. While I'm definitely not an expert, I've been monitoring prices for a couple years now. The normal trim and spec'd ones are slowly depreciating, but overall they're holding value well. The TA 2.0, ACR, and ACR-E are all stable, or slightly appreciating. Obviously the rare (and one off) colors are much more valuable than the common colors. My personal favorite are the yorange TA's, either 1.0 or 2.0. They're hard to find, a pretty rare color, and holding value very well. I don't know if I would consider them an investment though, or any car for that matter.
+1. The gen 5 is pretty stable and even if the 'regular' SRT or GTS models depreciate they won't fall below 10-15% of their current market value before stabilizing. I've got a competition blue 2016 SRT because the Viper is truly the last of it's kind and a joy to drive. My McLaren is already stable and hasn't depreciated since I bought it. Speaking of which - look into a McLaren approved MP4-12C (2013-2014, avoid 2012). It'll be covered under warranty for a year or two after which you can extended it for about $5k/year. Mine didn't have any issues but I extend the warranty for peace of mind. FWIW I picked it up from McLaren for $100k. It's a steal for what is still one of the fastest cars on the road.
Appreciate 1
Conissah1574.50