BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Steering wheel cover

01-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
mr2essions
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X2 M Sport

Steering wheel cover

Hi guys I've just ordered a X2 M Sport. Can you recommend a steering wheel Cover that's fits great and looks good as my Audi whee
Is killed due to my wife scratching the leather with her diamond on her wedding ring.

I'm from the UK if that's any use.

Cheers in advance,

Scott
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 09:03 PM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

There are a few people online eBay that make nice stitched leather/suede. They come with whatever thread color you want. I'd go shopping there... Bought a couple years and years ago for other cars and it was great.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Keep in mind the wheel is already pretty fat
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
mr2essions
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Keep in mind the wheel is already pretty fat
I just really don't want wife to kill it like she has on our 9 month old Audi. It feels horrible now... I wear gloves so I can't feel the scratches
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep

True the wheel is pretty big, but to me it's not really astronomical. I have a bunch of friends that put on the aftermarket rubber/bling covers (yes women) and those are HUUGE. No complaints from them. I did look on ebay for "suede steering wheel cover bmw" and it looks like there are the same ones out for about $50 USD. The importance is that they are formed with the "bumps" on the steering wheel. Go for the suede of course.. as if you put leather on it, you'll have the same scratch immediately!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 03:17 PM   #6
mr2essions
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
True the wheel is pretty big, but to me it's not really astronomical. I have a bunch of friends that put on the aftermarket rubber/bling covers (yes women) and those are HUUGE. No complaints from them. I did look on ebay for "suede steering wheel cover bmw" and it looks like there are the same ones out for about $50 USD. The importance is that they are formed with the "bumps" on the steering wheel. Go for the suede of course.. as if you put leather on it, you'll have the same scratch immediately!
I don't mind wrecking the cover ha just not the real thing
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #7
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep

Haha you sound like my wife... wrap the remote controller in plastic wrap so it stays clean..... for who.. the person that gets my TV when I throw it away? I enjoy it until I get it all dirty and then clean it. Wreck the stock steering wheel until you can't stand it and then wrap it. What's the use of wrapping it with something aftermarket to rip up, and then take it off when you sell it? Enjoy it brand new while you can!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #8
mr2essions
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Haha you sound like my wife... wrap the remote controller in plastic wrap so it stays clean..... for who.. the person that gets my TV when I throw it away? I enjoy it until I get it all dirty and then clean it. Wreck the stock steering wheel until you can't stand it and then wrap it. What's the use of wrapping it with something aftermarket to rip up, and then take it off when you sell it? Enjoy it brand new while you can!
Ha I would agree however it's on PCP so I'll be taking it back in 3 years and trading it in for a new car so if it's not back in decent condition I'll be stung and they will de value it more.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #9
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2essions View Post
Ha I would agree however it's on PCP so I'll be taking it back in 3 years and trading it in for a new car so if it's not back in decent condition I'll be stung and they will de value it more.
Well now that.. makes good sense now.
Appreciate 0