BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 2020 Mini JCW GP

12-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #23
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Fine by me.

Gotta find a way to get a return on the BMW i program and a way to charge $50k.
A fully loaded 2 series m240 is already over 50k. Even my 328d msport touring was 61k back in 2016. 50k ain't going to buy you much these days.
Buys a Golf R, some nice wheels, a stronger clutch, an APR tune and a nice bumper sticker to send a message to a Mini as you pass it.
This. Like I said in an earlier post, the Golf R really puts a hamper on what the GP3 can do in terms of sales. I'm sure the GP3 is a ton of fun to drive but is it almost $10,000 better than a Golf R? (I think the R starts around 40k CAD?)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 05:24 PM   #24
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Quote:
Fine by me.

Gotta find a way to get a return on the BMW i program and a way to charge $50k.
A fully loaded 2 series m240 is already over 50k. Even my 328d msport touring was 61k back in 2016. 50k ain't going to buy you much these days.
Buys a Golf R, some nice wheels, a stronger clutch, an APR tune and a nice bumper sticker to send a message to a Mini as you pass it.
This. Like I said in an earlier post, the Golf R really puts a hamper on what the GP3 can do in terms of sales. I'm sure the GP3 is a ton of fun to drive but is it almost $10,000 better than a Golf R? (I think the R starts around 40k CAD?)
The lack of a back seat just kills it for me. That and the obvious lack of rear doors. If rumors of the Mk8 Golf R having 375-400 hp with less weight than the Mk7 prove true, then this has even less appeal.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #25
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
The lack of a back seat just kills it for me. That and the obvious lack of rear doors. If rumors of the Mk8 Golf R having 375-400 hp with less weight than the Mk7 prove true, then this has even less appeal.
@M4_GTS is right, you can't buy much for $50k, but unfortunately for the MINI GP3 or any MINI for that matter, there is the Golf and all it's variants that just does everything well and undercuts the MINI.

But none of that matters, the GP's always sell out and to MINI enthusiasts so all of this is a moot point.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      12-27-2019, 08:15 PM   #26
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
@M4_GTS is right, you can't buy much for $50k, but unfortunately for the MINI GP3 or any MINI for that matter, there is the Golf and all it's variants that just does everything well and undercuts the MINI.

But none of that matters, the GP's always sell out and to MINI enthusiasts so all of this is a moot point.

Same whay BMW thought with the CS...lol

I really love the first generation GP but this thing with all the details as the fake rear strut bar is just a joke, but I'm sure it rides amazing!
Appreciate 0