BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) No RED ???? No Blind Spot Warning ????

12-28-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
200mph
salaried tourist, BMWCCA, HMSA, NASA
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, M5, MGs, SpecE46racecar

Unhappy No RED ???? No Blind Spot Warning ????

My daughter would like to replace her current 4dr sedan with a small SUV. Her main desire is for an elevated seating position. I agree, that will give a relatively new driver more confidence in dealing with traffic, etc.

I'd like to put her in a new X1 x2.8. Two problems:

Did I miss it in the online brochure and "build-your-own" spec list? Is blind spot warning not available on the new X1???
If not, I think that's a huge mistake… and for us, may be a deal breaker.

Her only question about the X1 was: "Does it come in RED, with tan interior?"

Apparently, No . That is a deal breaker for her… guess we'll be looking at Q3s and GLA250s.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Lack of blind spot monitor is a bit ridiculous, when you see it as standard in smaller and significantly cheaper Asian hatchbacks and tiny city cars. I'm told it's because of early production glitches and that it'll be available later on. We'll see about that!!

"Chestnut Bronze" is the closest you get to red. It's quite nice actually, specially with oyster leather seats. Search the forum for photographs. Looks better than "Melbourne Red" in my opinion. Overall, BMW's 2016 colour range is a bit bland for younger customers I guess. The opposite of Mercedes's 2016 range with funky bright green, blue, etc.

ESIT:Chestnut Bronze with mocha leather seats - http://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1185117
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
M-Nick
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I think its confirmed that blind spot warning will be available as an option beginning with April 2016 builds.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 03:26 AM   #4
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

[QUOTE=200mph;19125459]My daughter would like to replace her current 4dr sedan with a small SUV.

Her only question about the X1 was: "Does it come in RED, with tan interior?"

Talk to your Dealer
BMW does offer BMW 'individual'.
The other alternative is to pick another colour she likes and have it wrapped in a red wrap colour that she loves 'now'.
That way if she changes her mind, you can unwrap it, instead of it costing another car.

I have driven the Q3, GLA and GLC
Buy the X1 it is by far the better car. I am.
Appreciate 0