BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) F48 comfort access issue

03-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
Peter3city
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E31 840i; BMW F48 X1 2.8i;

F48 comfort access issue

Good Day all,

Im new here but not new to BMW

My 1st car was 1979 e21 320, then a few e30s, e36s, I have e31 840i for 8 years and recently bought f48 2.8i.

My x1 was imported from USA with some minor issues

The comfort access or tail gate smart opening doesnt work - managed to read the code -
8040AB KL30F-Front Relay: Internal Fuse Defective Permanent
80410B Aerial, Driver's Side: Line Disconnection Permanent
D90D11 Evaluation Electronics, Contact-Free Tailgate Permanent Opening: Missing LIN Component

I have checked and the rear bumper mounted sensor is still there - I have checked all the fuses at the internal module and all are ok.
Question: what else could be causing these errors?

Last edited by Peter3city; 03-10-2019 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: mistake- further findings
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
Proper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 M-Sport

Does the warranty transfer from a different country ? If so this should be covered under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter3city View Post
Good Day all,

Im new here but not new to BMW

My 1st car was 1979 e21 320, then a few e30s, e36s, I have e31 840i for 8 years and recently bought f48 2.8i.

My x1 was imported from USA with some minor issues

The comfort access or tail gate smart opening doesnt work - managed to read the code -
8040AB KL30F-Front Relay: Internal Fuse Defective Permanent
80410B Aerial, Driver's Side: Line Disconnection Permanent
D90D11 Evaluation Electronics, Contact-Free Tailgate Permanent Opening: Missing LIN Component

I have checked and the rear bumper mounted sensor is still there - I have checked all the fuses at the internal module and all are ok.
Question: what else could be causing these errors?
Hi
Assuming you don’t want to take it in to dealer, then.. use BMW ISTA tool (available online in pdf format) which is service/repair workshop manual. Find location of auto tailgate module. Looking at two of the faults, I would be tempted to check wiring connections into the auto tailgate module (believe fitted behind right side boot/trunk trim. It is possible wiring into the module got disturbed or damaged if you have a meter you can do a continuity test between contactless sensor and the module. I believe one of the aerial modules is located in same place so could be poor maintenance or past damage repair in this area? If no luck in boot/trunk. I would be tempted to check wiring and connectors into the back of the HU. If they were disturbed, removed in the past then they could have have subsequently worked loose. Make sure negative terminal of battery removed first, then check all cables into back of fuse box are well seated. I agree with proper1, If still under warranty, take it into the dealer. Good luck
Appreciate 0