BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) iDrive completely dead

08-15-2023, 03:14 AM   #1
alexbl08
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

iDrive completely dead

My partner picked up her X1 Thursday last week. Driving it yesterday the idrive went completely blank and none responsive.

I have a 3 series and about once a year the iDrive will go blank but then reboot and be fine, on my partners car nothing seems to make it start working again.

we have tried a few things
- holding the on/off button for 30 seconds
- holding the on/off button and CD eject for 30 seconds
- leaving the car for a few hours
- leaving it overnight

Nothing seems to get it to reboot. There looks like there is power to the radio on/off button, and also when you press that button the screen defo slightly changes shades of black so I think the screen still has power too.

Waiting to hear back from the dealer about the next steps (unfortunately in the 'what's not covered' section of the warranty it say 'entertainment/Sat Nav systems'.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get it to work while we wait to hear from the dealer?

Last edited by alexbl08; 08-15-2023 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
RavenX111.50
      09-22-2023, 07:09 PM   #2
RavenX1
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbl08 View Post
My partner picked up her X1 Thursday last week. Driving it yesterday the idrive went completely blank and none responsive.

I have a 3 series and about once a year the iDrive will go blank but then reboot and be fine, on my partners car nothing seems to make it start working again.

we have tried a few things
- holding the on/off button for 30 seconds
- holding the on/off button and CD eject for 30 seconds
- leaving the car for a few hours
- leaving it overnight

Nothing seems to get it to reboot. There looks like there is power to the radio on/off button, and also when you press that button the screen defo slightly changes shades of black so I think the screen still has power too.

Waiting to hear back from the dealer about the next steps (unfortunately in the 'what's not covered' section of the warranty it say 'entertainment/Sat Nav systems'.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get it to work while we wait to hear from the dealer?
Were you able to get this issue resolved? Did you try taking it to a BMW dealership? Hope it was fixed!
Appreciate 0