BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Anyone here caught the Coronavirus?

View Poll Results: Did you catch the Wuhan flu?
Yes, unfortunately 3 2.34%
Nope 125 97.66%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

03-19-2020, 09:36 PM   #111
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
No this was at the pediatrician. They seem to really be focused on coughing. They won't let you into the building if you have a cough, but you are fine to come in with other symptoms.
Several coworkers have reported similar experience that when they call they ask three questions

Are you coughing
Do you have a fever
Do you have chest pains

If you say yes to any of the above they refuse to see you.
Appreciate 2
minn196908.50
dsad11116.50

03-19-2020, 10:02 PM   #112
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

So the governor just ordered everyone to stay home. Could be a month or two. This is getting too much. Jebus...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:37 PM   #113
rebekahb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
I have two kids that just got fevers, headaches, and have sore throats. Went to the doctor and they said just typical virus since no cough. Really hope they are right.
Hoping all is ok! I was just texting with a friend who has a child that is about to turn 2. He had over 100 fever, runny nose, & cough. They called the COVID hotline & were directed to the ER. Only one parent was allowed to go in the triage area. They did a flu & strep in which both were negative. They also did a chest x-ray which looked great. They did do a COVID text & expect the results back in 5 days. The nurse said she thinks the test will be negative and all of the kids they have tested so far have come back negative. Definitely an emotional whirlwind for my friends.
Appreciate 2
minn196908.50
dsad11116.50

03-19-2020, 10:49 PM   #114
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:
I have two kids that just got fevers, headaches, and have sore throats. Went to the doctor and they said just typical virus since no cough. Really hope they are right.
Hoping all is ok! I was just texting with a friend who has a child that is about to turn 2. He had over 100 fever, runny nose, & cough. They called the COVID hotline & were directed to the ER. Only one parent was allowed to go in the triage area. They did a flu & strep in which both were negative. They also did a chest x-ray which looked great. They did do a COVID text & expect the results back in 5 days. The nurse said she thinks the test will be negative and all of the kids they have tested so far have come back negative. Definitely an emotional whirlwind for my friends.
Do you minding sharing where?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 11:13 PM   #115
DocL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

We had a 6yr old child test positive for the Covid19 where I live. Luckily my wife and I started to isolate out kids once they gave the order to cancel class last week. They have only seen my parents twice, but now we are going to avoid them seeing my parents for a month. It really sucks, but my father has been going to the hospital twice this week for cardiac issues and I'm afraid he's going to be exposed. Did I say this really sucks?
minn196908.50
dsad11116.50

03-20-2020, 05:54 AM   #116
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

We just had one person arrested for faking that they had the virus. He wanted the two weeks off from work. Forged a note from a hospital which in turn cause the entire company to close for 5 days and do decontamination.

From the article...

The sheriff said he would be staying at the “Hotel California” instead, a nickname for the Spartanburg County Detention facility, which is located on California Avenue.
Dagamus_NM1204.00
N54Yankee2622.00

03-20-2020, 07:10 AM   #117
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
We just had one person arrested for faking that they had the virus. He wanted the two weeks off from work. Forged a note from a hospital which in turn cause the entire company to close for 5 days and do decontamination.

From the article...

The sheriff said he would be staying at the “Hotel California” instead, a nickname for the Spartanburg County Detention facility, which is located on California Avenue.
Darwin is rolling in his grave. Our technological advances are cheating him of his legacy. WTF?!?!!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt7057.00

03-20-2020, 07:31 AM   #118
Dlpfcb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Was it your boss?
Appreciate 2
minn196908.50
Now_Rudi7552.50

03-20-2020, 08:18 AM   #119
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
My neighbor is an ER doctor and I was asking her about why kids don't get it. She said that their lungs are still not fully developed and they don't have receptors for the virus to attach to. I thought that was interesting. Another reason I want to go back to being a kid!
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 08:34 AM   #120
rebekahb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Covington, Louisiana
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #121
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Covington, Louisiana
Thanks
Appreciate 1
Murf9932012.00

04-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #122
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Let's say 2% of the population will get it, it has a 98% recovery rate.

Why shut down our economy?
Appreciate 1
Todd0131153.00

04-26-2020, 05:39 PM   #123
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Let's say 2% of the population will get it, it has a 98% recovery rate.

Why shut down our economy?
Because the government hates you and wants to destroy your life.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #124
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
Because the government hates you and wants to destroy your life.
I'm worried about the left!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Murf9932012.00

04-30-2020, 10:26 PM   #125
Teutonic
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I wonder if BMW got it...?
All the corona rings in our headlights are gone....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 07:18 AM   #126
turboawd
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I wonder if BMW got it...?
All the corona rings in our headlights are gone....
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #127
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Appears I finally join the unlucky club. Waiting to secure a testing appointment for tomorrow or friday and then I guess I have to wait over the weekend for the results. I'm hoping it just a bad sinus infection or allergy but if not so be it hopefully my body will fight it off and I'll recover in short time.
Appreciate 2
      05-06-2020, 05:37 PM   #128
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I might have had it. Read my story and see what yall think:

This was a few weeks ago, like early March.
Wife is chinese and she does interpretation, courts, law firms, etc. She had a little cold with a sore throat. Week later, on a Saturday i did my usual morning workout and clean downstairs. Later that night i was feeling froggy and worked on my car's suspension..took longer than i thought as usual and stopped around 7:30 pm. (about 2.5 hours lol). Sunday, i was feeling tired, bit groggy and then had some muscle pain. Then Monday had bad sore throat and still tired so i took it easy at home. Sore throat persisted, tiredness/pain was gone. A few days later, like Saturday i had some serious conjunctivitis (red eye). I mean my eyes were RED!. So sore throat continued here and there but otherwise i was fine. Never had any real cough or any fever that i know of. I worked out through most of it except the baddest days Sunday/Monday. Most of my symptoms seem to suggest i had it but i didnt have the most common ones, fever and cough.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 05:48 PM   #129
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
I might have had it. Read my story and see what yall think:

This was a few weeks ago, like early March.
Wife is chinese and she does interpretation, courts, law firms, etc. She had a little cold with a sore throat. Week later, on a Saturday i did my usual morning workout and clean downstairs. Later that night i was feeling froggy and worked on my car's suspension..took longer than i thought as usual and stopped around 7:30 pm. (about 2.5 hours lol). Sunday, i was feeling tired, bit groggy and then had some muscle pain. Then Monday had bad sore throat and still tired so i took it easy at home. Sore throat persisted, tiredness/pain was gone. A few days later, like Saturday i had some serious conjunctivitis (red eye). I mean my eyes were RED!. So sore throat continued here and there but otherwise i was fine. Never had any real cough or any fever that i know of. I worked out through most of it except the baddest days Sunday/Monday. Most of my symptoms seem to suggest i had it but i didnt have the most common ones, fever and cough.
I got fogginess, tireness, congestion feeling in the chest, and my breath is similar to how you would get before anxiety or panic attack. Don't have fever, my cough is not persistent just more like a random cough every now and then and sometimes dry sometimes with flem, not much or a sore throat. Which is why the doctor not sure and just playing it safe but I would consider it likely due to how many people I've been around who have test postive.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 09:40 PM   #130
quick6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I got fogginess, tireness, congestion feeling in the chest, and my breath is similar to how you would get before anxiety or panic attack. Don't have fever, my cough is not persistent just more like a random cough every now and then and sometimes dry sometimes with flem, not much or a sore throat. Which is why the doctor not sure and just playing it safe but I would consider it likely due to how many people I've been around who have test postive.
Norm: I am not a doctor, but in reading your symptoms as described; they would lead me to believe that you do not have COVID-19. The lack of a persistent high fever, (like 102-103) degrees and your general strength suggests something else. My sister in law had it and was very weak-so much so a shower after 2 weeks was exhausting.
Those that have it feel they might die.
Perhaps you have a sinus infection due to the higher pollen counts? I'd suggest a Z-pak and take a good hot shower every night before bedtime-that is key to wash off all the pollen.
quick6
Appreciate 2
      05-06-2020, 09:46 PM   #131
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
Norm: I am not a doctor, but in reading your symptoms as described; they would lead me to believe that you do not have COVID-19. The lack of a persistent high fever, (like 102-103) degrees and your general strength suggests something else. My sister in law had it and was very weak-so much so a shower after 2 weeks was exhausting.
Those that have it feel they might die.
Perhaps you have a sinus infection due to the higher pollen counts? I'd suggest a Z-pak and take a good hot shower every night before bedtime-that is key to wash off all the pollen.
quick6
Yea my doctor thinks it may be that as well and issue zpack but do to contact she also requesting testing as a precaution
Appreciate 1
Nuckle864.50

05-07-2020, 12:26 AM   #132
dreamingat30fps
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 C7, 2017 F350

We got super sick in early Dec. Fever, chills the works. I was pretty much in bed with a fever for a full 7 days. After that I was still messed up (weak, no appetite etc) for probably another week and for another week after that my head just felt off, like I was dizzy all the time or something. Honestly never been that sick that I can remember.

At around day 6 I think I had enough and went to one of those walk in clinic because it was the weekend and my doctor was closed. I hate this place, I think the doctors there don't know wtf they are doing and/or they just don't give a shit, but didn't have a much of a choice. They gave me a flu test and left me in the room for what seemed like forever. So I went and looked at the thing. I remember looking up how to read a flu test on my phone and seeing the different patterns it could show.

I remember that thing showing a negative pattern or something that did not match either flu a or b. Anyways they just said I had the flu and gave me some pills which I read were useless unless you took them early on. I figured it was pointless that far into it and once my fever started to subside I decided to not take it. I still wonder if maybe that shit was around back then.

Regardless after that experience I'm not taking any chances. Even if it doesn't kill me I sure as hell don't want to go through that again (or maybe worse). I didn't have any cough or breathing issues, but my gf did and she always ends up with bronchitis or pneumonia whenever she gets sick so I'm sure she's at even higher risk.
Appreciate 1