BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

11-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #4731
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Met a girl tonight who was really nice, in a high earning profession, and reasonably cute.

Yet I'm being my douche self again. Commitment averse and wanting to play the field to find somebody hotter.
this still gets me from time to time, this one girl it still hurts that i thought she was too much of a good girl and left

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
Things have calmed down. She explained that she let her feelings get the best of her. She said she loves me a lot and that she doesn't want me to die.

Keep in mind, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary to increase my chances of dying/getting killed.

Are all girls crazy?
"leaving your girl because she's crazy is moving houses because of gravity"
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #4732
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Things have calmed down. She explained that she let her feelings get the best of her. She said she loves me a lot and that she doesn't want me to die.

Keep in mind, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary to increase my chances of dying/getting killed.

Are all girls crazy?
all girls are crazy lol

one thing about women is that they can easily remember things that happen in past like it was yesterday...they live that moment again and takes some time for them to settle down again with their emotions
Appreciate 4
      11-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #4733
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

The price we pay....
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #4734
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

"leaving your girl because she's crazy is moving houses because of gravity"
That's not true 100% of the time. Some of them are so crazy that you'd be stupid to stay. Such as my last gf.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-12-2019, 02:15 PM   #4735
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
all girls are crazy lol

one thing about women is that they can easily remember things that happen in past like it was yesterday...they live that moment again and takes some time for them to settle down again with their emotions
right?
one of my exes on a date said she remembered what i wore the first time we met
we met as my friend's older sister lol it wasn't even like a date or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
That's not true 100% of the time. Some of them are so crazy that you'd be stupid to stay. Such as my last gf.
the crazy and hot ones are so easy to tell but it's like heroin i swear to god
you know you shouldn't, you know you won't, but you end up doing it anyway and anything else just doesn't feel right

"going to a nice movie date after a nice dinner is a porsche thing. alfa romeo guys love waking up in the morning not knowing if she'll make you breakfast or if that skillet ends up very close to your balls"
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-12-2019, 02:33 PM   #4736
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:

Are all girls crazy?
Do you even need to ask? LOL.

You have to remember one thing, women are irrational. Period.
      11-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #4737
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
I know she's a widow, but this situation hurt me. I went from enjoying her company to wondering if we should break up.

I'm going to continue trying to fix things, but I'm not opposed to ending things if it gets too crazy. I went through a lot with my ex and I don't want to hang around for years to see if things improve.
I've been dealing with this, too. Its definitely hard to understand where they're coming from sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 03:28 PM   #4738
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
I know she's a widow, but this situation hurt me. I went from enjoying her company to wondering if we should break up.

I'm going to continue trying to fix things, but I'm not opposed to ending things if it gets too crazy. I went through a lot with my ex and I don't want to hang around for years to see if things improve.

How long ago again was it when this happened to her? If it's fairly recent (last couple years)....it will still affect her. But it will get better over time.

If you think she's worth it, you just live in the moment and try to avoid situations that may prompt her to think along those lines.

She's been through a traumatic experience. But if she doesn't get better with those types of episodes, you shouldn't have to deal with it.

I would give it a little more time and see how soon she reacts that way again...that is if she does. You can gauge then if it's something she will get past....or if she's going to be a drama queen about it everytime.
      11-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #4739
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Are all girls crazy?
All women are bi. It's your job to guess if it's sexual or polar.
Appreciate 5
kscarrol8775.50
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      11-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #4740
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
No doubt, but I'm still tired of my time being wasted
Roger that. And you feel like a chump for getting your hopes up. Hang in there, pal.
      11-12-2019, 08:36 PM   #4741
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I sense you're married?
Nah, co-habiting. It feels like about 65% married. We've both been married before and neither of us has a strong need to try it again in our mid-50s.
      11-12-2019, 08:41 PM   #4742
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Are all girls crazy?
Let's just say that a man will probably never fully appreciate the sublime and mysterious workings of the female soul. At least, that's what I'd say if my girlfriend were within earshot.
      11-13-2019, 01:13 AM   #4743
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1am update after my date:
not my worst date, but definitely up there. it's both a blessing and a curse that i'm good at acting interesting, but i just didn't feel that connection from either side.

definitely a chill girl, but we're polar opposites. she's a netflix and blankets kinda girl and i'm a "i gotta be active 24/7 otherwise i'll hate myself" kinda person... too chill, if anything.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      11-13-2019, 05:52 AM   #4744
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
not my worst date, but definitely up there. it's both a blessing and a curse that i'm good at acting interesting, but i just didn't feel that connection from either side.

definitely a chill girl, but we're polar opposites. she's a netflix and blankets kinda girl and i'm a "i gotta be active 24/7 otherwise i'll hate myself" kinda person... too chill, if anything.

Lol....but in 15+ years...those roles could reverse.

Probably not though. My wife has always been a "stay-in" type with a small circle of friends. Me....well you know how I am. 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep at night and then I'm climbing the walls to try and find something to do.

But it works out in the long run. We both compromise....plus I think every couple needs time away from each other for themselves. I get mine usually while she is sleeping. On the weekends...I'm usually up no later than 3:00am and she sleeps in until 10:00am or so. So I have plenty of time to do my own thing.
MKSixer34171.50
      11-13-2019, 06:02 AM   #4745
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Need clarification on if you're looking for a relationship or just trying to get laid lol. Seems like you go on a solid bit of dates, but it never really works out. And from what you say this is mostly because of your interests. So with said, what's the point in all these dates. What are you looking for hombre? I know you're younger like me, hence the question.
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2019, 06:05 AM   #4746
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

maybe she active under the blanket lol
Appreciate 2
      11-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #4747
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

Are all girls crazy?
That's awesome man! Glad to hear she came around. To answer your question in short.....yes; just like us, even the best of them have their off days. The thing to always keep in the back of your mind is that men are ruled by facts; women are ruled by emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
All women are bi. It's your job to guess if it's sexual or polar.
That's fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post

Probably not though. My wife has always been a "stay-in" type with a small circle of friends. Me....well you know how I am. 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep at night and then I'm climbing the walls to try and find something to do.

But it works out in the long run. We both compromise....plus I think every couple needs time away from each other for themselves. I get mine usually while she is sleeping. On the weekends...I'm usually up no later than 3:00am and she sleeps in until 10:00am or so. So I have plenty of time to do my own thing.
This! The girlfriend and I are polar opposites on certain things, but then when we are together, it seems the roles reverse. It's the craziest thing. If I'm alone, I'm 100 mph; being productive, efficient and making shit happen. When she is alone or with her kids, she is running 100 mph being mom or prepping to come see me. When we are together, we are either working together to get ready for the gym, go out to eat, go to a movie, etc. then it's downtime. The odd thing about our downtime is that it consists of me waiting on her hand and foot, while she relaxes or vice-versa. The point of all this is that being polar opposites works sometimes. It's good to have that ying to the yang.

Last edited by King Rudi; 11-13-2019 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
      11-13-2019, 07:57 AM   #4748
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
That's awesome man! Glad to hear she came around. To answer your question in short.....yes; just like us, even the best of them have their off days. The thing to always keep in the back of your mind is that men are ruled by facts; women are ruled by emotion.

That's fantastic!

This! The girlfriend and I are polar opposites on certain things, but then when we are together, it seems the roles reverse. It's the craziest thing. If I'm alone, I'm 100 mph; being productive, efficient and making shit happen. When she is alone or with her kids, she is running 100 mph being mom or prepping to come see me. When we are together, we are either working together to get ready for the gym, go out to eat, go to a movie, etc. then it's downtime. The odd thing about our downtime is that it consists of me waiting on her hand and foot, while she relaxes or vice-versa. The point of all this is that being polar opposites works sometimes. It's good to have that ying to the yang.
Opposites attract! No couple should have even close to all the same interests. Why would ya wanna date yourself?
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      11-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #4749
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Opposites attract! No couple should have even close to all the same interests. Why would ya wanna date yourself?
I don't know. If I was a woman, I'd date me. I'd date me hard. Unfortunately, most women don't know what I know about me.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, their lack of knowing what I know about me, probably keeps me out of a lot of trouble and my sanity intact.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #4750
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Thank you sir.

It threw me off because she's usually pretty relaxed about things.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #4751
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don't know. If I was a woman, I'd date me. I'd date me hard. Unfortunately, most women don't know what I know about me.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, their lack of knowing what I know about me, probably keeps me out of a lot of trouble and my sanity intact.
Look man, you know that's not what I meant.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-13-2019, 09:32 PM   #4752
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post

15 years is a lot when i didn't even feel a connection the night we met lol, just didn't feel the need to even ask for a second date

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Need clarification on if you're looking for a relationship or just trying to get laid lol. Seems like you go on a solid bit of dates, but it never really works out. And from what you say this is mostly because of your interests. So with said, what's the point in all these dates. What are you looking for hombre? I know you're younger like me, hence the question.
honestly, I don't know. Maybe that's why "it never really works out" but honest to god i never thought of that, ive been on the "i'll go on dates to see what's what but if something good comes along the way i'll take it" train

I'll have to reflect and get back to you on this man

I also have been considering the potential aspect of me looking for someone when I myself not really am in that position. Think of like a 300lb obese guy chasing after gym bunnies. That does mean I have to dig deep and I don't really even know where to start with that lol

I really don't know, you asked a pretty good question
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00