BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Is this possible?

04-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
Carloswl
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

Is this possible?

Hi guys, i wanted to know if it was possible to code something in particular my BMW. My F48 doesn't have any kind of alarm installed but i wanted to code a feature like when you get out your vehicle, and lock the car with the key fob, in case any door wasn't closed properly, make the car honk to warn me about it (that the car was able to lock -basically it happens when main car door is not closed well- or feel the door isn't closed to do the locking)... just like when you try to lock your car while the engine is on, the same honking.

What I'm trying to say is that id like to make the car honk when car door is not closed properly but when it is closed properly, i don't expect it to make a honk...

Hope you guys could help me in this matter, and if it is not possible to do that coding, what would you recommend me do?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I'm pretty sure that 1) there is an immobilizer, so there is a type of "alarm" 2) the chirp/beep won't go off if any door or trunk is open. The minute you close it, it'll beep.

Test it.. get out of your car, hit the lock button and then close the door.. it'll beep then.

Also open up your window, arm your car, wait until the clownnose security light blinks, then reach in and open the door.. the alarm should go off. There should also be a motion sensor, so don't be surprised if just flapping your arms inside the open window sets it off as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 04:52 AM   #3
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

As a point of interest, BMW did supply X1's to some places without alarms/immobilizers. Mostly where they were used as rental vehicles by tourists. Cyprus was one such place.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 10:55 AM   #4
Carloswl
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

I think my car doesn't have that feature equipped, i just did what you said and if the main driver door isn't closed at all, and if you press the lock in the keyfob, nothing happens... No beep, no honk, and during the day is so bright and noisy i can barely see or hear the locking system to know if it worked or not. 😭
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #5
xlr8it
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 20d, SLK55AMG

program your mirrors to fold when you lock the car, that's how i can tell if i locked it or not
Appreciate 0