BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) F48 X1 Xline - what one to chose?

11-30-2020, 01:35 PM   #23
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by callum_62 View Post
Put my deposit down on the 18i Xline

In the end id rather sacrifice some performance for some bells and whistles

We are a 1 child family and most of the driving is local so we dont need some high powered machine

Coming from a 1.5 Diesel kadar im sure the 18i will be fine

Funnily enough the fact it had sports seats had more of a sway given there fairly cheap add on cost

Ive read alot of grumbles about the standard seats
Good to hear. I hope you enjoy it.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #24
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by callum_62 View Post
Thanks for this - great to hear from an actual owner

the 18i model ive found does tick near enough all our boxes - just slightly concerned as to why the Dual clutch auto is only offered on that car

Also wondered if that will affect resale 5 or so years down the track

Nice to hear that, performance wise at least that you are more than happy with your sdrive 18i

I do much prefer the xline trim over the M Sport versions which probably puts me in the minority!
If not already done then make sure you test drive the car you intend to buy. I have a 2017 x-line with std seats which I find comfortable. At a dealer service I was lent a 2.0 M-sport with sport seats which for me were not comfortable (they are narrower and harder) although people with longer legs may find the sports seats better for them.

I cannot comment on the 3 cylinder engines and will leave to those who own them but wish you all the best in your purchase.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #25
callum_62
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
If not already done then make sure you test drive the car you intend to buy. I have a 2017 x-line with std seats which I find comfortable. At a dealer service I was lent a 2.0 M-sport with sport seats which for me were not comfortable (they are narrower and harder) although people with longer legs may find the sports seats better for them.

I cannot comment on the 3 cylinder engines and will leave to those who own them but wish you all the best in your purchase.
We have test driven an M Sport version that had sports seats. First thing my wife said was "these seats are amazing@
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 12:42 PM   #26
BobbyGrant
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xdrive xline 2.0 d

My X1 has the standard seats. I had read that many folk preferred the sports seat but I havent had any issues with mine. In fact my wife commented after a long 7 hour drive that they were the comfiest she had ever sat in.

I am 5'7" and inside leg of 29" - I don't know if sports seats would suit my short legs!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 12:54 PM   #27
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyGrant View Post
My X1 has the standard seats. I had read that many folk preferred the sports seat but I havent had any issues with mine. In fact my wife commented after a long 7 hour drive that they were the comfiest she had ever sat in.

I am 5'7" and inside leg of 29" - I don't know if sports seats would suit my short legs!
Once you sit in a vehicle with sports seats (I have had them on all BMW cars since 2007) you will realize how firmly they grip you and give you all-round support and confidence when cornering. My wife is 5 feet 4 inches tall and does not have a problem. We specifically ordered the lumbar support and full electric front sport seats. The nice thing is that we set the seat up as we would normally do each time for each person and then we press one of the two save settings to save the configuration. This is tied to each separate key, so whoever opens the door as the driver, the seat motors to the correct driving position. As do the wing mirrors amongst other things.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0