BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Bmw x2 led headlight coding

08-09-2023, 10:43 AM   #1
anilahmed280716
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Exclamation Bmw x2 led headlight coding

Hi there , need help with my BMW X2.

I bought an X2 in auction damaged. Headlight was damaged so had to buy a new one. I bought second hand headlight and bought new modules as old modules were either damaged or missing. I have put the new headlight together and connected it. I took it to a coder to get it coded. The results were that the angel eyes/drls work, the indicator within the headlight works however when it comes to the full beams and dipped beams, the light comes on but goes off after like maybe 3-5 seconds. The angel eyes/drls are always on and are working. It is only the main beam that goes off. Is this a coding issue? Please help!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 10:48 AM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

If it is anything like the older cars, then the modules do need to be reprogrammed. Sorry I can't say for sure if this is the issue or not, just that it's a very good possibility.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 09:02 AM   #3
anilahmed280716
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
If it is anything like the older cars, then the modules do need to be reprogrammed. Sorry I can't say for sure if this is the issue or not, just that it's a very good possibility.
Thanks for reply, I will retry the coding. Its just an annoying issue. It cant be the bulb as it turns on for 5 seconds then cuts off. Hope its coding as i dont want to take apart the bumper again. Accessing these lights modules are a pain in the ass!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 11:00 AM   #4
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

If the beams turn on and then off after a few seconds, that's because the voltage monitoring system picked up voltages and amperages out of target. It's a short circuit protection mechanism. And if you keep operating it like this, the maximum instance count allowed is 50 times, after it picked up the 51st time during this circuitry check with the same fault, it'll disable the beams completely until you use ISTA to get that counter to reset. Check to see if the headlight you purchased is the same year/fit. Between years they sometimes may go through a facelift and swap some wires around or edit the circuitry a little bit, etc. to cause a voltage inconsistency.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 03:28 AM   #5
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilahmed280716 View Post
Hi there , need help with my BMW X2.

I bought an X2 in auction damaged. Headlight was damaged so had to buy a new one. I bought second hand headlight and bought new modules as old modules were either damaged or missing. I have put the new headlight together and connected it. I took it to a coder to get it coded. The results were that the angel eyes/drls work, the indicator within the headlight works however when it comes to the full beams and dipped beams, the light comes on but goes off after like maybe 3-5 seconds. The angel eyes/drls are always on and are working. It is only the main beam that goes off. Is this a coding issue? Please help!
Probably coding issue, we can help remotely.
Appreciate 0