BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

12-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #23
bdoooh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 SSII M5 CP

Have a monthly pass to the touchless car wash. Probably run the car through there 1-2x a week, sometimes more haha. Doesn't get 100% of the dirt off but good enough for the winter. I'll do a full detail in the spring then.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #24
milpar34
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 (SO/BLK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoooh
Have a monthly pass to the touchless car wash. Probably run the car through there 1-2x a week, sometimes more haha. Doesn't get 100% of the dirt off but good enough for the winter. I'll do a full detail in the spring then.
Anyone recommend a good touchless car wash in Northern Virginia? I have a 2.5 year old and another baby coming any day so the likelihood of me finding time to wash the car myself is slim to none. But I haven't been able to find a touchless wash around me that I fell comfortable with.
2008 E60 528i - Space Grey / BLK (RETIRED)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 07:57 AM   #25
Steve B.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 Comp

I am very anal about having a clean car... weather permitting of course considering where I live. In the winter when the car is filthy, I will bring my car to the dealer for a hand wash and vacuum (usually about $40). What is great is that they hand wash the car inside a warm bay. They will usually dress the tires and clean the wheels decent.

When they give the car back, I ask if I can take a few min inside the delivery bay to give it the final touches and wipedown with spray wax. They always say yes and never force me out even if I take my time.

Yes it is more expensive, but I get to sit in a waiting room watching TV, drinking coffee, and usually talking about my car with staff. Best of all, I am not freezing my ass off.

For maintenance washes when it isn't completely soiled, I will take it to the touchless.... but when it is really bad with dirt and salt, try the dealer!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #26
MSPM4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Question with the ONR product and two bucket hand wash method. Does anyone have a black or the sapphire black ? Asking, cause I am looking at hand washing mine but worry about swirling from the hand wash and hand dry.

Black cars are hard to keep clean, but they are killer when clean ! Let me know what you guys would recommend!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #27
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPM4 View Post
Question with the ONR product and two bucket hand wash method. Does anyone have a black or the sapphire black ? Asking, cause I am looking at hand washing mine but worry about swirling from the hand wash and hand dry.

Black cars are hard to keep clean, but they are killer when clean ! Let me know what you guys would recommend!
Almost all of my ONR experience is on an aqua blue metallic p-car. I've used it to wash my azurite black F80 just once. That said, I can't say how well it works in avoiding swirls but as I precaution, I'm using 50% more ONR than the suggested 1oz per 2 gallons. I'll also spray off any heavy stuff at a coin op wash with a wand ahead of time if need be.
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #28
MSPM4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Thanks Rubber Ducky , the metallic should help a little with the swirling but I am a little nervous on the hand wash and dry process...keep the feedback coming guys !
Appreciate 0