BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Possible shift up to an X3?

06-11-2020, 07:34 AM   #1
Beemerbuster
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2.5D

Possible shift up to an X3?

Currently considering moving up to an X3 to replace my X1 2.5D M Sport and wondered before considering any trade in deal whether there was any interest out there as a possible private sale?

The car was first registered March 2016 and I purchased it from Oceam BMW in Plymouth in May 2018. It has a full BMW service history the last service and Mot being in March this year. The remainder of the 5 year service plan is in force and expires March 2021. I have recently renewed the BMW warranty plan - fully comprehensive with no excess which I am happy to transfer with the car if the £ figures look ok?

The original owner must have been a sales persons dream, as if it was available as an option it was added to the car. I will list these below but my local dealer is posting me the build specs so I don't miss anything. The spec will be updated if I find I have missed anything.

Here is the spec - my apology if certain items are repeated but I have included each of the packs fitted etc.

X1 2.5D Auto - currently 24500 miles

Mineral White with Black Leather Interior

Exterior Trim - High Gloss Shadow line

Adaptive Suspension

Sunroof with electric blind

Factory fit detachable tow bar with 13 pin electrics

Adaptive LED Headlights

Style 572M 19” Wheels with Run Flat Tyres

Sun Protection Glass

Automatic Tailgate

Park Distance Control Front & Rear

Reverse Assist Camera with Zoom function to tow bar

Electric fully adjustable and folding mirrors with antidazzle

Head light wash

Interior – Black, High Gloss with Pearl Chrome Finisher.

Sports seats with driver memory function and electric adjustment for all functions including lumbar adjustment.

Sport Automatic transmission

Variable Sport Steering

Sliding Rear Bench Seat

Professional Sat Nav

ISO fix seats

Heated Multi-function M Sport Steering wheel with sport shift paddles

Active Cruise Control with Stop Go

Single Disk CD plyer and DAB radio

Harmon Kardon Sound system

Extended interior lights package with ambient lighting

Auto Headlights

Rain sensor with automatic headlight activation

Comfort Package

Technology Package – Reverse Camera, Comfort Access & Harmon Kardon Loudspeaker system

Navigation Plus Package – Head Up Display and Remote Services

Driving Assistant – Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision warning

Concierge Services

MOT till March 21

Fuel consumption is unbelievable for the available performance of the car. Typical long run figure of 55 mpg plus and currently showing 46mpg with local short runs.

Having checked the Approved BMW used cars website if this car went through that network it would be the only one nationally that had the sun roof and tow bar combo.

I will get some pics added or if you email I can send direct to you.

Prices vary but cars of a similar age but spec'd to a lower level are showing at dealers at £21k plus.
I am looking around the £18.5k mark with the BMW warranty included.

Would love a forum member to take this car on and appreciate its virtues.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 07:43 AM   #2
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Have you driven an X3?
Are you set on it?
Petrol or diesel?
What options on it?
New or used? Plenty on the forecourt locally, with people ordering petrol X1 vehicles (waiting list now September).
Are you compromising on the price to get a deal on the X3 from your dealer down in Plymouth
Look at my signature and perhaps you will see why I have asked the questions.
I sold my F25 X3 xDrive 30d MSport when I got a good price for it because many people are moving away from diesel in the UK. Not my words. Dealers will advise you this is happening with private buyers.
Currently driving my wife's little 2019 Polo petrol until my petrol X1 is built.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium

Last edited by Peter_R; 06-11-2020 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
Beemerbuster
Private
Rep

Decision to go for X3,is still open ended - yet to drive the used car I have identified as a possible change.
It's a 2.0D Xline model but not from Ocean in Plymouth.
Similar spec to the X1 but sadly not all the goodies - finding a X3 with ties would possibly take forever and adding to a new order would be a financial no no.
I really love the X1 so it's got to be good for me to change but there are a few factors the x3 offers like increased tow bar nose weight over the X1 that would benefit me.

Sorry Not sure what you meant about your signature and you will know what I mean?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 08:00 AM   #4
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep

My signature reflects me moving away from diesel. I have owned many cars since 1963 in RAF in Germany. Since that date, I have owned many diesel Golfs except for a few Golf GTI's.
2007 BMW 325d M Sport remapped (E91) sold
2012 BMW 320d Sport (F31)sold
2013 BMW X3 xDrive 30d M Sport Pre LCI F25 sold
2017 Audi Q5 S Line 2.0 TFSI sold
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (on order)

By the way, the 2.0d X3 will seem slow after your present car. Try before you buy is my advice. That is why I went to 30d at that time and it was an ex-management vehicle. If you set on an X3 go for 3 litre if still made. Sorry have not checked the status of x3 being built.

Last edited by Peter_R; 06-11-2020 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 08:12 AM   #5
Beemerbuster
Private
Rep

Hi Peter again - I need a vehicle that has the ability to tow a caravan and that means a good torque figure. This continues to point to diesel as it has for many years. Further benefit is the far better mpg offered that comes as a result of having higher torque at lower engine rpm.

My X1 car is advertised as having a top speed of 146mph and 0 to 62mph in approx 6.5 secs. I have never gone out to prove this but I know there are many so called hot cars on the road today it could easily show a pair of chrome exhaust pipes to.

As far as I am concerned the petrol, diesel, hybrids, pure electric issue has been overplayed and rules set by politicians who really don't know their arse from their elbow.
The decisions made regarding the change from diesel is basically a con - be interesting to see how many HGV,s are going to be non diesel

I don't currently see the Arabs jumping up and down to protest their financial futures in jeopardy because of the scrapping of diesel - it ain't going to happen. The work of Bosch and the VAG group will turn things around regarding diesel technology and petrol will then be the dirty word.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 10:40 AM   #6
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerbuster View Post
Hi Peter again - I need a vehicle that has the ability to tow a caravan and that means a good torque figure. This continues to point to diesel as it has for many years. Further benefit is the far better mpg offered that comes as a result of having higher torque at lower engine rpm.

My X1 car is advertised as having a top speed of 146mph and 0 to 62mph in approx 6.5 secs. I have never gone out to prove this but I know there are many so called hot cars on the road today it could easily show a pair of chrome exhaust pipes to.

As far as I am concerned the petrol, diesel, hybrids, pure electric issue has been overplayed and rules set by politicians who really don't know their arse from their elbow.
The decisions made regarding the change from diesel is basically a con - be interesting to see how many HGV,s are going to be nondiesel

I don't currently see the Arabs jumping up and down to protest their financial futures in jeopardy because of the scrapping of diesel - it ain't going to happen. The work of Bosch and the VAG group will turn things around regarding diesel technology and petrol will then be the dirty word.
Forget all the stuff about top speed and 0-60 times, it is all down to the boy racer stats. If that is what floats your boat and you are happy to chase it, then fine. However, if you need diesel for towing then go for it.
By the way, petrol is never going to be a dirty word. Every time there are improvements made to diesel engines then the technology is transferred across to petrol engines.

https://www.buyacar.co.uk/cars/euro-...fficial%20test.

Here is the reason for YOU to purchase diesel!
https://www.buyacar.co.uk/cars/diese...sel-cars-in-uk

https://www.buyacar.co.uk/cars/euro-...compliant-ulez

You should consider a 3 litre straight 6 for towing, I used to average 38 mpg. Not too bad for such a heavy car.
https://www.buyacar.co.uk/cars/euro-...liant-ulez#bmw

Last edited by Peter_R; 06-11-2020 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0