BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) xDrive 25e Options

03-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #1
Auslander
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d, Porsche Boxster

xDrive 25e Options

I've mostly been posting in the 3-series forum as our company car list was stripped back to just the 3 plug-in (aside from expensive Lexus hybrids and diesels) recently. However, the X1 PHEV has just appeared.

I'm looking at a Storm Bay M-Sport and have some allowance left for options.

Currently thinking of Driver Assist Plus, Tech Pack 1, lumbar support, sun protect glass, Harman Kardon and bike rack preparation (I do triathlons, badly, in my spare time...).

I currently have Pro Nav in my 5-series, but use Waze and Google Maps more frequently, so I figure CarPlay means it's not worth upgrading to a pack with Nav Plus.

However, I do worry that Nav Plus (Tech Pack 2?) is more important than Driver Assist Plus.

What have others done with their spec? - and is the standard navigation now a decent option, especially if you usually use Waze?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 12:10 AM   #2
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

I have the nav plus and as far as I can see the only difference is the bigger screen and the HUD which I love. Even though it is the big screen you don’t get the iDrive controller with the touch pad on top to help you navigate. I did NOT choose the Driver Assist Plus. I hate driving with adaptive cruise control but I love driving with cruise control. So for me the Nav Plus is the better option over Driver Assistant Plus.

Isn’t the car big enough to keep all you equipment inside the car when you go do triathlons? That way you could get other interesting stuff.
      03-12-2020, 01:15 AM   #3
lonegun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

I'd skip adaptive cruise for the X1 as this particular model rely on only one camera so there are reports of it being not very reliable because of it. Not to mention it deletes heated steering wheel (Not 100% sure about this for the newer models).

As for the roof bars, I'd skip the BMW OEM one as it's ugly as hell. I'd recommend the black thule aeroblade. Looks super nice and it's nice to get into the thule rack systems as they have some of the best racks for bikes, canoes, etc.

For navi, I used the BMW navi in the beginning as it has nice integrated headsup display projection which was very useful. But as the newer Carplay got better, I haven't touch the BMW one for the past year or so. Waze's traffic data is just so good that it's hard to switch away.

Hope this helps =)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 01:48 AM   #4
Auslander
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddersen View Post

Isn’t the car big enough to keep all you equipment inside the car when you go do triathlons? That way you could get other interesting stuff.
Bike rack prep. is a very cheap option - so you can't really swap it for anything interesting. I already have a few racks, so would only need the BMW swan-neck if I order my car ready prepped.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 01:50 AM   #5
Auslander
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegun View Post
I'd skip adaptive cruise for the X1 as this particular model rely on only one camera so there are reports of it being not very reliable because of it. Not to mention it deletes heated steering wheel (Not 100% sure about this for the newer models).

As for the roof bars, I'd skip the BMW OEM one as it's ugly as hell. I'd recommend the black thule aeroblade. Looks super nice and it's nice to get into the thule rack systems as they have some of the best racks for bikes, canoes, etc.

For navi, I used the BMW navi in the beginning as it has nice integrated headsup display projection which was very useful. But as the newer Carplay got better, I haven't touch the BMW one for the past year or so. Waze's traffic data is just so good that it's hard to switch away.

Hope this helps =)
I wasn't looking at roof bars - the bike rack prep. is just a mount for a swan neck and a socket for the lighting. It's only £160, so well worth having.

Not having a touch wheel is a bit disappointing, it's one of the things I really like about the old Pro Nav system in my 5.

Just looking at our car list, for some reason, Tech Pack 2 isn't listed for the MSport although it is for the X Line.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 02:11 AM   #6
lonegun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslander View Post
I wasn't looking at roof bars - the bike rack prep. is just a mount for a swan neck and a socket for the lighting. It's only £160, so well worth having.

Not having a touch wheel is a bit disappointing, it's one of the things I really like about the old Pro Nav system in my 5.

Just looking at our car list, for some reason, Tech Pack 2 isn't listed for the MSport although it is for the X Line.
Ahh ic, my bad. That's definitely more aero dynamic and easier to access. My 2018 X1 has a touch wheel and the screen is touchable too. I think the tech pack 2 is not available for msport for the reason I mentioned earlier as Msport wheel is not capable of housing both heating elements and assisted cruise control. I think it's possible to delete the heating element for assisted cruise control though.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 02:44 PM   #7
tigor
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 LCI

I have the Mac plus with bigger screen and HUD. Game changer option for me. Didn't want to bother with the adaptive cruise control. I'd had it previously but didn't see much point and thought it rather gimmicky. It's actually a Storm Bay M Sport I have too.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #8
Auslander
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I've been looking at this over the past few days. I'm now in a strict 'social distancing' regime, so will have to order without a test drive!

Anyway, I've cleared up the Tech Pack 2 thing - Leaseplan show it as a model variant, ie. 'X1 25e MSport Tech Pack 2', so I'm fairly settled on MSport+ with Tech Pack 2 and bike rack prep. Only missing lumbar adjust, but I used to get on with the sports seats in my F21 without lumbar, so I reckon that'll be OK.

Can't get metallic paint, though - unless I downgrade to the MSport and add HK audio separately - but they look under-wheeled compared with the Plus. So Alpine white it is, then.

Should be ordering this week and with delivery predicted as late June / early July, I should be released from my 'social distancing' in time for delivery.
Appreciate 0