BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Jeremy Clarkson and ex Top Gear team to produce and host new show on Amazon Prime

03-12-2015, 09:10 AM   #45
BavarianMWfan
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: -

Slavery was decades ago. What happened, happened and there is no hiding that everyone is a little racist inside.

BBC needs to calm down and bring Jeremy back because Top Gear is not Top Gear without him. Besides this isn't the worst thing he has done.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #46
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashenfox
What many don't know is that he recently sold his entire stake in the show. He's had enough and he doesn't give a shit. The BBC know that, and they also know that now he doesn't have a stake, he doesn't care what happens, he's only going to be a bigger pain in the ass from now on.

Personally, I do think its a case of going over the top (on behalf of the bbc), you can't make tons of money off of someone being a certain way, then suspend them when being that way gets them into trouble, its just stupid, plus thefact that everything Clarkson says is for effect, there are very few genuine racists left in the middle-upper classes in the UK, he loves to push his luck and butt up against authority, and don't we all?

There's more to this than meets the eye, and don't forget that the BBC will have to refund millions now to other networks who have paid for the now cancelled shows. It's a mess and there is a deeper reason for it than is being shown.
Yup I'm surprised BBC isn't actually blasting him or their stations to run these new casts. Funny how it's other publications making these assumptions on Clarkson's behalf
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #47
335m
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post
What many don't know is that he recently sold his entire stake in the show. He's had enough and he doesn't give a shit. The BBC know that, and they also know that now he doesn't have a stake, he doesn't care what happens, he's only going to be a bigger pain in the ass from now on.

Personally, I do think its a case of going over the top (on behalf of the bbc), you can't make tons of money off of someone being a certain way, then suspend them when being that way gets them into trouble, its just stupid, plus thefact that everything Clarkson says is for effect, there are very few genuine racists left in the middle-upper classes in the UK, he loves to push his luck and butt up against authority, and don't we all?

There's more to this than meets the eye, and don't forget that the BBC will have to refund millions now to other networks who have paid for the now cancelled shows. It's a mess and there is a deeper reason for it than is being shown.
Can you give us a source on this? I am curious.

Also, people keep acting like he was suspended for being himself, he allegedly threw a punch at the producer... I don't care who you are, a producer isn't going to allow something like that.
      03-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #48
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Top Gear is a soap opera, not really a car show anymore. Just lost their lead actor.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #49
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17
Top Gear is a soap opera, not really a car show anymore. Just lost their lead actor.
Obviously lol enthusiasts get bored of listening to fact. We watch it for the sheer entertainment and view of new places and roads we may never might be able to try for ourselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:59 PM   #50
335m
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I would consider it more of a comedy than a soap opera, some of the shit they pull is so ridiculous.
      03-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #51
spencers
Captain
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: Sthrizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Lighten up, Francis
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #52
Jonniefive
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d estate

The uk is fast becoming a left wing libtard shithole where freedom of speech is no longer available iff your white , threaten to behead , riot , rape or groom , that's fine but moan about immigration or anything we don't like , your racist .. Jeremy is one of us , just a normal bloke , sod the pc bullshit , I'm tired of this country its a shithole now , and before anyone says it no I can't leave because zionist have flooded europe and every other country to , I may go isreal the only country not flooding with immigrants ...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 03:07 PM   #53
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335m View Post
Can you give us a source on this? I am curious.

Also, people keep acting like he was suspended for being himself, he allegedly threw a punch at the producer... I don't care who you are, a producer isn't going to allow something like that.
Early 2013 he sold his shares, that's public record, the rest is my intuition. I could be totally wrong, I Was just throwing thoughts out really. There's definitely several other layers to this story, it doesn't make sense, Clarkson is too nonchalant.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #54
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonniefive View Post
The uk is fast becoming a left wing libtard shithole where freedom of speech is no longer available iff your white , threaten to behead , riot , rape or groom , that's fine but moan about immigration or anything we don't like , your racist .. Jeremy is one of us , just a normal bloke , sod the pc bullshit , I'm tired of this country its a shithole now , and before anyone says it no I can't leave because zionist have flooded europe and every other country to , I may go isreal the only country not flooding with immigrants ...
Couldn't agree more, why do you think I'm in Greece, still, despite the economic crisis, at least I can fart in public without being arrested.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #55
Jonniefive
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Couldn't agree more, why do you think I'm in Greece, still, despite the economic crisis, at least I can fart in public without being arrested.
lol lefties just got in power over there didn't they .. I'm off to Australia I think , I think I'm gona go off grid can't be doing with this zionist run lefttard world anymore
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:02 PM   #56
shushikiary
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/j...wanted-5314713

If he really did punch the producer... well... that explains the whole thing. A lot more going on than first met the eye, just like everyone thought.
BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF stepped 5" FMIC, VRSF CP, VRSF DP's, SPEC stage 3+ and SMFW, PRW stage 3 LPFP, MHD custom E85 tune, solid motor mounts, RB PCV valve, SS brake lines, Prospeed RS683 brake fluid, Strongflex poly bushings, VTT inlets, M3 rear control arms, ECS trailing arms, turbo smart DV's, CP-E PI, VTT HS CP, UUC short shifter, custom solid transfer-case mount, RBTurbo vacuum side OCC, PRW upgraded ignition coils.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #57
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Clarkson is getting old maybe more cranky with age? I doubt anything serious happened, but somehow I think they will come to an agreement as BBC will lose a lot of money otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #58
Manxman1950
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M roadster

Garage List
Quote:
I am a big fan of TG and Clarkson and hate the encroachment of the PC mentality that stifles free expression, but I'm afraid your rant only provides ammunition for the anti TG brigade. I am a native Brit and I agree there are some issues to be worked out with the EU re immigration, but the remainder of your comment is almost beyond any sensible response - you are anti Zionist, but want to go to live in Israel?? Suggest you work out your racist jibes before you land yourself in big trouble.
2006 Z4M roadster. Interlagos Blue, black extended leather with carbon trim. Apex EC7 8.5/9.5 x 18 rims, Strong Strut brace, KW V3s with RE rear shock mounts, Vibra Tech and Rogue engine/transmission mounts, Stromung exhaust, CDV delete.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #59
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
I'm off to Australia I think
Buh bye.

I'm off to Aldi's, myself. My crumpets are stale.
      03-13-2015, 03:00 AM   #60
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Why is everyone defending free speech?

He punched a producer. Didn't call him a wanker or anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 04:52 AM   #61
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep

Because there are plenty of situations in which a punch to the face is absolutely warranted...

In any case, it emerges today that it was not a producer, but a stakeholder, and that it wasn't a punch so much as a bit of pushing and shoving. What's more, Clarkson himself reported the incident. This whole thing makes less and less sense each day.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 10:48 AM   #62
Jonniefive
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxman1950 View Post
I am a big fan of TG and Clarkson and hate the encroachment of the PC mentality that stifles free expression, but I'm afraid your rant only provides ammunition for the anti TG brigade. I am a native Brit and I agree there are some issues to be worked out with the EU re immigration, but the remainder of your comment is almost beyond any sensible response - you are anti Zionist, but want to go to live in Israel?? Suggest you work out your racist jibes before you land yourself in big trouble.
I was taking the piss mate because isreal is the most racist state on earth , want me to post some videos for you where there openly calling blscks the n word and are making black women sterile etc , yet they flood us with diversity , hypocrisy and iff the truth lands me in trouble so be it .. Iff you want to let the race card keep you in the cupboard whilst we're invaded that's fine , but I won't be
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #63
Jonniefive
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Because there are plenty of situations in which a punch to the face is absolutely warranted...

In any case, it emerges today that it was not a producer, but a stakeholder, and that it wasn't a punch so much as a bit of pushing and shoving. What's more, Clarkson himself reported the incident. This whole thing makes less and less sense each day.
I think clear son just wants out , he is tired of the bbc , I think he is fishing for a better deal and the rest will follow i wreckon .. Watch this space
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #64
335m
Major
Rep

I appreciate people updating this thread with news as it comes, but can we please put sources so we can determine for ourselves whether we trust the internet?
      03-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #65
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
It sucks that Clarkson is "suspended" the fact is that he punched someone plain and simple. Yes most people may not care about what he did fans just look the other way, technically thats assault and BBC is taking this seriously.

I'm sure you see and hear lots of celebrity get away with lots of things just because they are popular and is rich.

I personally still a fan of him, just not what he did.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #66
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
It sucks that Clarkson is "suspended" the fact is that he punched someone plain and simple. Yes most people may not care about what he did fans just look the other way, technically thats assault and BBC is taking this seriously.

I'm sure you see and hear lots of celebrity get away with lots of things just because they are popular and is rich.

I personally still a fan of him, just not what he did.
Haven't really been following, have you...
Appreciate 0