BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2021: Brazilian GP - São Paulo (Nov 14)

11-16-2021, 08:20 PM   #617
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Oh come on binotto isn't the entire cause of all Ferraris problems, their race engineering kind of sucks too. It bothers me when a driver asks a question and the engineer says they're looking and never responds.

Yeah I agree Merc got the pu spot on. And I do not know why Ferrari hasn't upgrade to a split turbo like Merc and Honda, I think alpine might be still on the conventional style but idk. All I know is Ferrari doesn't change it for 2022 they'll be locked in with an obsolete design for a couple of years. And yeah it'll be the same as this year's motor but the fuel has to be 10% bio fuel aka ethanol, so that'll mean a bit less power vs. the race gas they use now. So Ferrari really needs to work on this.

Well let's see what they do next year.
But Binotto is TP...It is his responsibility to replace underperforming team members. I don't like micro-management but he also approves or ignores too many awful issues and ideas. IMHO he lacks the passion needed to be TP. Wish I knew him personally but I don't see him as a leader. I wouldn't follow him into a Waffle House.

Plus, I don't trust him! He had to know engine "Fuel Flow Gate" was cheating and Ferrari would get caught eventually.

Last edited by Killed by Death; 11-16-2021 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 08:26 PM   #618
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
But Binotto is TP...It is his responsibility to replace underperforming team members. I don't like micro-management but he also approves or ignores too many awful issues and ideas. IMHO he lacks the passion needed to be TP. Wish I knew him personally but I don't see him as a leader. I wouldn't follow him into a Waffle House.
Lol fair enough, guess 2022 won't be Ferraris year either.

Also I wish we had waffle houses in Canada.
      11-16-2021, 08:30 PM   #619
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Lol fair enough, guess 2022 won't be Ferraris year either.

Also I wish we had waffle houses in Canada.
LOL, I have one 5 minutes from my home
Appreciate 2
      11-16-2021, 08:40 PM   #620
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
LOL, I have one 5 minutes from my home
wish I had one 5 mins from my house.

Oh just saw the other thing you added, yeah idk what Ferrari was thinking, maybe they never expected to be caught with the extra fuel flow lol.

Last edited by F87source; 11-16-2021 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 02:13 AM   #621
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Seems to me Mr Belgium can hand out the insults and insinuations but cannot take them without it becoming personal. Regardless of "who started it"
Perhaps a modicum of respect for each other and our respective favourites might be in order.

That's just me though.
Yeah but it gets a bit more than personal when someone says 'I wish your driver was killed', if you had a modicum of respect as you say perhaps you could challenge that but of course you won't
Appreciate 2
      11-17-2021, 04:39 AM   #622
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
The questions that need to be asked
https://racingnews365.com/marko-red-...-hamiltons-car
The questions have been answered. Hamilton got a new engine and ran a tune for max performance. The additional speed wasn't seen earlier in the season because it would've been foolish to accelerate engine degradation earlier in the season. If Redbull is concerned about violations of rules, they should have a chat with Max about running competitors off track.
Appreciate 4
F87source7251.50
3798j11413.50
minn1914037.50
SonnyJack326.00
      11-17-2021, 04:44 AM   #623
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
The questions have been answered. Hamilton got a new engine and ran a tune for max performance. The additional speed wasn't seen earlier in the season because it would've been foolish to accelerate engine degradation earlier in the season. If Redbull is concerned about violations of rules, they should have a chat with Max about running competitors off track.
I'm sure it's just pot stirring at this stage, trying to rattle their opposition to gain an edge. Everyone engaged in a tight battle will do this.

If RB was concerned just ask the FIA to inspect the Merc for any in permitted changes.
Hulk Smash1029.00
minn1914037.50
      11-17-2021, 04:53 AM   #624
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

I just read an interesting article posted by red Bull on the rules of parc ferme pretty interesting actually. The cars are basically owned by the fia while in parc ferme or parc ferme conditions. Seems the fia scrutinizes the cars in depth and at random once there, and withholds the right to keep the car for several hours before/after a session. I assume this is why max was fined. Actually surprised vettel wasn't fined a few years back. I recall him touching hamiltons tires at the minimum a few years ago in parc ferme. But I guess that wasn't a part being scrutinized.

Whole article can be found here:

https://www.redbull.com/ke-en/redbul...-to-parc-ferme
Appreciate 1
minn1914037.50
      11-17-2021, 05:41 AM   #625
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

I just hope Red Bull finds the pace to keep up with MB. Love to see a good race and a pass and run away race is boring.

I’d like to see a race every weekend. I hate the off weeks.

I am team RB but don’t get to bent out of shape if others knock them /Max. Not changing my life or his !

My dream was to be a driver at a very high level. Sadly never made it past some beginning schools.

Learned and remember enough to really enjoy adult on track driving events.
Appreciate 3
minn1914037.50
M5Rick60090.50
      11-17-2021, 07:04 AM   #626
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
...Oh just saw the other thing you added, yeah idk what Ferrari was thinking, maybe they never expected to be caught with the extra fuel flow lol.
Exactly my point. Remember that engine smoked like a steam train. Binotto should have asked what did you do and why is it smoking? Unless he was in on it

Pushing the edge is one thing but I don't want my team down right cheating.

Although the specifics were sealed it is believed Ferrari was allowing oil to leak and burn for increased power. That's blatant cheating and I would have fired Binotto for it.
Appreciate 1
F87source7251.50
      11-17-2021, 07:28 AM   #627
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
The questions that need to be asked
https://racingnews365.com/marko-red-...-hamiltons-car

"Mercedes Unraceable"

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50
      11-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #628
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Not really, there are other things concerning the r/wing and suspension activation to be discussed as well as the one or two race maximum rocket engine.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #629
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Exactly my point. Remember that engine smoked like a steam train. Binotto should have asked what did you do and why is it smoking? Unless he was in on it

Pushing the edge is one thing but I don't want my team down right cheating.

Although the specifics were sealed it is believed Ferrari was allowing oil to leak and burn for increased power. That's blatant cheating and I would have fired Binotto for it.
It was more than smoke only ...

The Ferrari Jet-Mode smelled strongly like Strawberries => https://f1-insider.com/en/ferrari-gasoline-2019/
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60090.50
DrFerry6728.50
      11-17-2021, 08:04 AM   #630
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Just flipped back to 596, yeah also not racing related. But technically it was a light jab at max not you if I'm not mistaken. So the response didnt have to be super aggressive.

In regards to the max dying comment I don't agree with that either, I don't want to see any driver get injured or killed. Hence why I really love the halo.
Quote:
Yeah but it gets a bit more than personal when someone says 'I wish your driver was killed', if you had a modicum of respect as you say perhaps you could challenge that but of course you won't
Last time I'm addressing this. That statement was an example of how ridiculous M5Rick and @///M Power-Belgium sound after pages and pages of hate filled nonsense towards HAM and MB. Going as far as to advocate for attacking the haulers to prevent them from getting to Zandvoort for retaliation as to what happened at Silverstone. The big difference? I didn't mean it (they 100% did) and have explained that multiple times but certain people want to keep pushing it for their own narrative. These same people laughed it off when Max's actions resulted in his car hitting HAM in the head and resting on top of him. While Max just walked off. So let's cut the BS as to the moral high horse crap from you know who.

Also, my actions are mine and I own them, have I broken the rules? Yup, I'm human and let things get to me from time to time like everyone else. Am I the only doing it here, not by a long shot, which is also laughable and pushed by Team Max's rabid fans for many reasons. Does it excuse my behaviour? Nope and I need to do better and not let it get to me.

Back to the regular nonsense..........
Appreciate 1
Steeler2428.50
      11-17-2021, 08:19 AM   #631
M5Rick
General
Rep

Mario Andretti thanks stewards for some common sense.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/99122...o-penalty.html
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-17-2021, 08:32 AM   #632
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
But since you provide zero backing I only have to defeat the logical reasoning behind your statements.
His evidence is always some anecdotal crap from some Belgian fanboi paper, or something his mother's uncle's friend that knows Max heard.

Appreciate 1
F87source7251.50
      11-17-2021, 08:33 AM   #633
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

"Mercedes Unraceable"

There is of course the question of how much fuel that rocket engine is using, surely it must be using far more fuel than normal from the 110kg or litres? allowed, especially with the larger wing used on the straight.
It's that this hasn't been mentioned yet.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 08:45 AM   #634
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
There is of course the question of how much fuel that rocket engine is using, surely it must be using far more fuel than normal from the 110kg or litres? allowed, especially with the larger wing used on the straight.
It's that this hasn't been mentioned yet.
That would be easily proved and Mercs would be DQ'd, which happened to Vettel earlier in the season. Again, nonsense theories with no bases or data.
Appreciate 1
F87source7251.50
      11-17-2021, 08:58 AM   #635
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Last time I'm addressing this. That statement was an example of how ridiculous M5Rick and @///M Power-Belgium sound after pages and pages of hate filled nonsense towards HAM and MB. Going as far as to advocate for attacking the haulers to prevent them from getting to Zandvoort for retaliation as to what happened at Silverstone.
I get it! At the time your statement didn't come off as a joke. But I've been guilty of the same thing! It is incredibly easy for written words to come off wrong with no interpersonal cues.

However, from what I remember, the 2-MAX-Crew never advocated for hate or attacks on HAM or MB. They were simply implying Team MB would not receive a warm welcome at Zandvoort. That was my take as a Ferrari fan who leans ANYBODY BUT HAM or MB. So yes, I'm biased.

Hate is a very strong word. I can't honestly believe 2-MAX-Crew would advocate for it or violence!

I also don't believe you would wish death on anyone!

Last edited by Killed by Death; 11-17-2021 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60090.50
minn1914037.50
      11-17-2021, 09:45 AM   #636
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
I get it! At the time your statement didn't come off as a joke. But I've been guilty of the same thing! It is incredibly easy for written words to come off wrong with no interpersonal cues.

However, from what I remember, the 2-MAX-Crew never advocated for hate or attacks on HAM or MB. They were simply implying Team MB would not receive a warm welcome at Zandvoort. That was my take as a Ferrari fan who leans ANYBODY BUT HAM or MB. So yes, I'm biased.

Hate is a very strong word. I can't honestly believe 2-MAX-Crew would advocate for it or violence!

First off thank you and agreed on the majority of your post.

Second, I get the anybody but HAM part as well. I wish it was more anybody but HAM and VER or RB/MB to be totally honest. The part I disagree with is that when they spend every day for years bashing HAM/MB/Toto they way they do and will continue to do so until HAM etc is gone...............I can't agree that they don't have some serious deep negative feelings/even hatred towards them. There is just too much evidence to the contrary. Think about that, literally every day in every thread no matter the topic................

Last edited by minn19; 11-17-2021 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 10:10 AM   #637
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Mario Andretti thanks stewards for some common sense.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/99122...o-penalty.html
So lets imagine that there was gravel on the outside of that bend, do we think Max would have done the same and there would have been no penalty?

I'll wait.....

Last edited by MontyB1; 11-17-2021 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 4
minn1914037.50
jkoral1023.00
________4158.50
      11-17-2021, 10:49 AM   #638
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Well said my friend . Well said

Finally we have to see the disrespectful situation like 'he said , below :

Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60090.50
DrFerry6728.50